You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Best and most current poker books.

waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
edited October 2017 in Chat with Channing
I'm looking at putting more study time in away from the tables with the main focus being on tournaments.

So with that in mind, what books would you recommend when it comes to MTT strategy? Are there any good books that focus purely on 6 max?

All the best. 
Ryan 

Comments

• Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2017
    Dont know about poker books but Catch 22 by Joseph heller is pretty good
  • Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    watching the best players on twitch learns you much more than any book imo,you get to see them playing online live,and hear their thought process,they also happy to answer any questions you may have.
  • Options
    I was going to ask Santa for any books that were recommended. So with Christmas getting close and the missus asking what I would like from her, can anybody recommend some decent books?
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    I'm definitely in favour of reading books and I do have loads of poker books. The problem is these days that the game moves along so quickly and strategy changes. I'm not really sure that books can ever keep up with the internet so I guess I'd rather join a training site than buy a few books. Watching videos or following streams is probably going to teach you a lot more about the modern game.

If you do want to buy a book though I'd definitely recommend:

"He Played For His Wife And Other Stories." which is a series of short stories about poker which have all been written by friends of mine.
  • Options
    Thank you for replying.

Yeah, having asked elsewhere it did seem to be the general opinion that videos and streams were the way to go.

I do love a good book though so will certainly have a look at the book of short stories.

Thanks again, have a great Christmas and New Year.