You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

am i right in folding here

conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
edited December 2017 in Poker Chat
I know seeing the runout I may regret calling , but should I be calling ? any thoughts please.i had about 500 more chips than scotty, also it was a bounty hunter
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
conorshay1Big blind1600.001600.0058533.75
Your hole cards
  • K
greg1974All-in14132.5015732.500.00
MattBatesFold
scotty77All-in58778.7574511.250.00
conorshay1Fold
scotty77Unmatched bet44646.2529865.0044646.25
greg1974Show
  • A
scotty77Show
Flop
  • A
Turn
  • J
River
  • Q
greg1974WinTwo Pairs, Aces and 9s29865.0029865.00

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

I know seeing the runout I may regret calling, but should I be calling ? any thoughts please.i had about 500 more chips than scotty, also it was a bounty hunter

The outcome is irrelevant to what decision we should make.

Good fold IMO.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    If board didn’t make straight I don’t think your posting this here.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Would be a ridiculous call.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    What would people do if scotty77 folds pre?
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    Call if folded to us in bb, if I am reading stacks correct. 10 bb shove and we are playing 36 1/2 bb with k10s in a bh.
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    lmfao, yes I would have called the opening shove also, but that's why I thought it was interesting what people thought, as the second shove I thought would come, he was aggressive player and unless I have a top hand I'm folding is what hes thinking so his range is wide there I say , and with the 2 bounties up for grabs and pretty much certain of taking it down thereafter its an interesting spot. and kobyashi your right I probably wouldn't , but hey still interesting spot no matter the outcome, thanks for comments guys
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027

lmfao, yes I would have called the opening shove also, but that's why I thought it was interesting what people thought, as the second shove I thought would come, he was aggressive player and unless I have a top hand I'm folding is what hes thinking so his range is wide there I say , and with the 2 bounties up for grabs and pretty much certain of taking it down thereafter its an interesting spot. and kobyashi your right I probably wouldn't , but hey still interesting spot no matter the outcome, thanks for comments guys

Wasn’t a dig bud, but I think if you call here and win you wouldn’t post asking if it’s the right call. It’s good you’re getting advice.
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211

If we are a lot deeper, or really short, a gamble with a pretty hand here is fine.
    But with Scotty having same ish stack we have to fold to a fairly tight range, for me anyway.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    Folding for sure, I'm scared of Scotty in that spot too!
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

It's really not an interesting spot. If the board bricks out 9 high you don't even post this.
    Its a very trivial fold.

If stack sizes were different or Scotty77 folds then you might have a discussion, otherwise it's just another hand.