You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

any tips please help

gazcazgazcaz Member Posts: 52
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
bit of advice finished second in the velocity on saturday night but had a massive chip lead????

then on wednesday night same torny finished again second and again had massive chip stack
what am i doing wrong....
heads up play very unlucky or just played both wrong ........
still happy cashed out 160.00 on saturday
and 157.00 on wednesday

thanks
gazcaz

just like to add didnt play it on sun mon tues......

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Hey mate, gr8 results! Anyone who can make HU in the velocity twice in 2 tournys must both be playing well, and running gurdddddddd.

Hard to know what you are doing wrong, without having an idea of what you did..lol

ow did you approach the heads up? Aggro all the way? Or sitting back and being abit more selective?

With a chip lead id be looking to put pressure on every button. Maye be selective out of position (big blind) with the sort of hands you were playing with. Calling to see a flop and missing can be costly, as your out of position, against a short stack, a bet probably commits you to call any shove, and a check looks weak and gives him the green light to follow through.

Maybe tell us abit about your heads up approach then we could be more specific?

Been playing alot of heads up lately so will enjoy reading other peoples advice.

Well done again, DOHH
  • Options
    gazcazgazcaz Member Posts: 52
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: any tips please help:
    Hey mate, gr8 results! Anyone who can make HU in the velocity twice in 2 tournys must both be playing well, and running gurdddddddd. Hard to know what you are doing wrong, without having an idea of what you did..lol ow did you approach the heads up? Aggro all the way? Or sitting back and being abit more selective? With a chip lead id be looking to put pressure on every button. Maye be selective out of position (big blind) with the sort of hands you were playing with. Calling to see a flop and missing can be costly, as your out of position, against a short stack, a bet probably commits you to call any shove, and a check looks weak and gives him the green light to follow through. Maybe tell us abit about your heads up approach then we could be more specific? Been playing alot of heads up lately so will enjoy reading other peoples advice. Well done again, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    to be honest they were both like crab shoots all in every hand i think it was because the blinds were massive
    but thanks for the reply i will try some heads up sit and go,s

gazcaz
  • Options
    SALLY69SALLY69 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    In Response to any tips please help:
    bit of advice finished second in the velocity on saturday night but had a massive chip lead???? then on wednesday night same torny finished again second and again had massive chip stack what am i doing wrong.... heads up play very unlucky or just played both wrong ........ still happy cashed out 160.00 on saturday and 157.00 on wednesday thanks gazcaz just like to add didnt play it on sun mon tues......
    Posted by gazcaz
    First of all well done two seconds is good. When you are playing heads up do you play the cards pre flop? do you bet on the flop when you have missed. But most important do  you check too mutch. Your long play must be good, but is your short play? In heads up you raise, get called, and the flop comes. If you miss which is possible, the player you are playing could also miss. You have to bet to find out. If you check he can rasie and you fold and loose the pot you could have won. Is this you?
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010
    Magic Flute - Kenilworth 5pm
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited February 2010
    Your lame excuse of a plea for help has not worked...............   

Yeah what this thread is really about is a hugh ( and well deserved ) boast about coming second twice and cashing in for nearly £320........

Your thinly disguised trickery will not work I tell you.  lol

Actually I have been fortunate to make around half a dozen final tables in the last few months.  I have gone on to win three of them....... in all three I started at the final table with the lowest stack..  twice I have been chip leader and lost...

I will watch the replies to this thread with interest.
  • Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited February 2010
    In Response to any tips please help:
    bit of advice finished second in the velocity on saturday night but had a massive chip lead???? then on wednesday night same torny finished again second and again had massive chip stack what am i doing wrong.... heads up play very unlucky or just played both wrong ........ still happy cashed out 160.00 on saturday and 157.00 on wednesday thanks gazcaz just like to add didnt play it on sun mon tues......
    Posted by gazcaz[/QUOTE

In heads up Q9 and higher is all in, chances are they have not hit if you have. Do not call always push if they call the big blind but you have low cards like 5 7 check then when flop drops raise if they have not hit they will fold. give it a try, just one more thing if you find your self saying i bet he has that!! FOLD because he has

Any Ace and you are on FIRE!!!!! good luck.
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited February 2010
    Just been in to the SNG heads up.    A rather well know sky Poker player...... no names etc... 

was sitting waiting for an opponent in two heads up tables........  One was for £200  the other was for £100......

Now that might be a way to practise focusing your attention when playing heads up