You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Not on The Nine o'Clock News

Comments

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
  • IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2018
    @Tikay10 Cant believe sky haven’t closed this thread yet, appreciate trying to bring some life back to this section of the forum, but should we be debating whether there is a big Jewish conspiracy to run the world’s banking system? (Hint: No, there **** isn’t). A lot of these “theories” are just an excuse to promote anti semitism
    https://huffingtonpost.com/abraham-h-foxman/conspiracy-theories-anti_b_806777.html
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited January 2018

@Tikay10 Cant believe sky haven’t closed this thread yet, appreciate trying to bring some life back to this section of the forum, but should we be debating whether there is a big Jewish conspiracy to run the world’s banking system? (Hint: No, there **** isn’t). A lot of these “theories” are just an excuse to promote anti semitism
    https://huffingtonpost.com/abraham-h-foxman/conspiracy-theories-anti_b_806777.html

Not sure censorship is the way to go. Censorship is probably a rather good way to fuel the paranoia leaning tenancies of those who believe in them and give them apparent legitimacy.

Adult debate is the way to tackle these things IMO.

Taking it further I do see how questionable claims can be dangerous (thinking of the EU referendum and the US election). However, I don't think the problem is that questionable claims are made. IMO the problem is that people need to learn how to analyse information more effectively and robustly.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809

I don't think we are debating a supposed Jewish conspiracy to run the world's banking system. Certainly, if someone posted anything anti-semetic, it would be unacceptable here.

Anyone who looked for even half a second at the caption Mick posted would know it is bogus. Jacob Rothschild & his family don't own ANY Central Banks, not one, & everyone knows that.

For balance, Jacob Rothschild has done more than his share of philanthropy - see his Wiki page, here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Rothschild,_4th_Baron_Rothschild
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809

On a side note, if we ever start a lookalike thread, Jacob C Rothschild might just appear, as he bears a remarkable likeness to another well-known character.

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
  • IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    Tikay10 said:

I don't think we are debating a supposed Jewish conspiracy to run the world's banking system. Certainly, if someone posted anything anti-semetic, it would be unacceptable here.

Anyone who looked for even half a second at the caption Mick posted would know it is bogus. Jacob Rothschild & his family don't own ANY Central Banks, not one, & everyone knows that.

For balance, Jacob Rothschild has done more than his share of philanthropy - see his Wiki page, here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Rothschild,_4th_Baron_Rothschild
    You say that, but a lot of people out there in the far reaches of the internet don’t seem to know it

The meme/graphic just annoyed me as every statement on there is false aside from his name. It may seem fair game to have a go at a billionaire banker, and I doubt that Mr Rothstein is too fazed by this himself, my point which i probably didnt express very well is that a lot of these claims/theories about rothstein family/illuminati etc spread across the internet originate from people/sites with some very dubious views, holocaust deniers etc, and if anyone starts believing this rubbish might have even some factual basis, its potentially a very slippery slope.

Mark is right that we should challenge views rather than try to shut people down which could further propagate the conspiracy theories, but in today’s world where people get their news from facebook/twitter etc misleading “fake news” of many kinds has no chance to be challenged, due to the social media “bubble” as we have seen multiple examples of lately.

The whole thing just depresses me
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    VespaPX said:

Who was the 2nd person in the alleged shooters room?
    Plenty of evidence there was a 2nd person, so why not release CCTv footage to help find him/her?

What's the evidence there was a 2nd person in the room?
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,425

Think this is what Vespapx talking about. ?

https://youtu.be/Qpn4Ip5QM5U

goldon said:

Think this is what Vespapx talking about. ?

https://youtu.be/Qpn4Ip5QM5U

And what on earth does this have to do with the Vegas shooting from last year?
    It's a Conspiracy thread
    goldon said:

It's a Conspiracy thread

Right.

And I was asking Vespa about the 'evidence' of there being a 2nd person in the Mandalay Bay hotel room.

What happened with JFK has no bearing or relation to my question or the Vegas shooting.
    edited January 2018
    The building show's two windows broken out in both cases official statement one gunman. jury out on that one. Just pointing out similarities. Was there second gunman who shot him to take the rap. !

Like JFK shooting is the truth being withheld gonna have to wait to find out from Trump.
    goldon said:

The building show's two windows broken out in both cases official statement one gunman. jury out on that one. Just pointing out similarities. Was there second gunman who shot him to take the rap. !

Like JFK shooting is the truth being withheld gonna have to wait to find out from Trump.

Yep, 2 windows smashed from within the same suite. The gaps in the gunfire are, apparently, from the shooter moving between windows.

I've not seen or read anything that strongly suggests he was in the room with someone else.
    edited January 2018
    Sure VespaPX will be along soon to answer your post personally. The amount of weapons suggests more than one person. I'm not Sherlock Holmes but think he may be needed to solve the Conspiracy Theory that you shot Chilling and buried him in a deepstack. !
    goldon said:

Sure VespaPX will be along soon to answer your post personally. The amount of weapons suggests more than one person. I'm not Sherlock Holmes but think he may be needed to solve the Conspiracy Theory that you shot Chilling and buried him in a deepstack. !

Think we can all agree on that.
    edited January 2018
    They are some very poor articles, but I guess anyone can put 2 and 2 together and get 400.

Particular credit to the first one you linked, and this line, ''Although law enforcement says there was one shooter, multiple witnesses are openly reporting the presence of multiple shooters. This could reasonably be the result of confusion and chaos....''

Nice of them to answer their own 'conspiracy'. Also, ''openly reporting'' yet not a single quote from the many witnesses who openly reported.

I also like that, because he ordered 2 little bottles of water with his meal for room service the day before the shooting, well that just confirms that there was someone else involved.

Please feel free to link anymore you find, they are great for a chuckle.