You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Spin Ups

JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
edited January 2018 in Strategy
I have a question for spin up regs if they could help me out.

Was looking for some advice on safe BR management requirement's for Spin up cash games.

I am used to playing 100bb deep ring games but like the action at spin ups,
have given them a try at 50nl tables and think I could handle the variance (I hope)

The reason I have posted is because I have herd some people say they have had 100+ bi swings
and just wanted to get some sound advice before making a plan.

so any bankroll advice would be great

Thanks

Binks.

Comments

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Hey mate, how did you get on last night? Who won??

I found this : https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/146460/spin-up-bankroll-management

A few good comments on there but not really from many of the higher stakes players.
    I would say you need more than 100BI if you don’t wanna go bust. But my opinion doesn’t really count because I don’t solely play these.

Hope someone comes to give some advice 👍.
  • Options
    Thanks Koby that's a great help,

as for the main didn't cash it but loved playing it great experience, I did over bet super thin for value on the river looking for a hero call (should have a ton of bluffs in that spot) straight in to the top of someone's range so that was cool lol
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited January 2018
    Hard to put an exact figure on how many buy in downswing it's possible to go on when your mixing stakes and poker variants. I know good players who have gone on 100-200 buy in swings. (maybe even more I'm not fully sure)
    Rake can be killer at the lower stakes spin game so not sure if that might amplify it; or if the weaker standard might make up for it.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Hard to put an exact figure on how many buy in downswing it's possible to go on when your mixing stakes and poker variants. I know good players who have gone on 100-200 buy in swings. (maybe even more I'm not fully sure)
    Rake can be killer at the lower stakes spin game so not sure if that might amplify it; or if the weaker standard might make up for it.

Great advice here, could you maybe give some advice on swings as an average player?
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys, taken that on board.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MattBates said:

Great advice here, could you maybe give some advice on swings as an average player?
    I'm working hard to get above average, so fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    Rake is brutal at 25/50 Jay. Try giving the £1/£2 a go! The 50/1 aren’t too bad either tbh.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Out of curiosity, what are you guys considering as a 'buy in' for these games? For regular 50nl, I would of obviously consider one buy in to equal £50 (100bb's). In spin ups, is one buy in generally considered to be 10bb's instead?

Also, completely agree with Kobay's last post. High rake and low edge sounds like a pretty bad combo of factors to me!
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited January 2018

'Great advice here, could you maybe give some advice on swings as an average player?'

I'm not able to answer that one, I'll ask @alancarr12 and get back to you.
  • Options
    in my mind dusen I was looking at BIns as 10BB stacks am I wrong in thinking that?
  • Options
    trying to open the 50c- $1 and for some reason wont open keep getting

• Options
    not sure how to get over that problem.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886

'Great advice here, could you maybe give some advice on swings as an average player?'

I'm not able to answer that one, I'll ask @alancarr12 and get back to you.

Probably been said a gazillion times before but...

Saw this name in the lobby and really really want it to be the 'Chatty Man' Alan Carr from TV:

By day he's a clownish celebratory chat show host;

By night he's battling at £2kNL and running pio sims

Please don't burst my bubble if not true
  • Options
    JJBinks said:

not sure how to get over that problem.

Could try 1/2 lol.

I count buy ins as £20 when playing 1/2 etc.
  • Options
    j_h_christj_h_christ Member Posts: 6
    It's true.