You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

almost puked from this sickener

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Jack8Small blind£0.10£0.10£15.04
LowfieldsBig blind£0.20£0.30£19.80
Your hole cards
craigcu12Raise£0.60£0.90£21.50
mongo229Fold
dagaman21Fold
Jack8Call£0.50£1.40£14.54
LowfieldsFold
Flop
  • K
  • Q
Jack8Check
craigcu12Bet£0.70£2.10£20.80
Jack8Call£0.70£2.80£13.84
Turn
  • K
Jack8Check
craigcu12Bet£1.60£4.40£19.20
Jack8Call£1.60£6.00£12.24
River
Jack8Bet£5.20£11.20£7.04
craigcu12All-in£19.20£30.40£0.00
Jack8All-in£7.04£37.44£0.00
craigcu12Unmatched bet£6.96£30.48£6.96
Jack8Show
craigcu12Show
Jack8WinFull House, 6s and Kings£28.95£28.95

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    craigcu12 said:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Jack8Small blind£0.10£0.10£15.04
    LowfieldsBig blind£0.20£0.30£19.80
    Your hole cards
    craigcu12Raise£0.60£0.90£21.50
    mongo229Fold
    dagaman21Fold
    Jack8Call£0.50£1.40£14.54
    LowfieldsFold
    Flop
    • K
    • Q
    Jack8Check
    craigcu12Bet£0.70£2.10£20.80
    Jack8Call£0.70£2.80£13.84
    Turn
    • K
    Jack8Check
    craigcu12Bet£1.60£4.40£19.20
    Jack8Call£1.60£6.00£12.24
    River
    Jack8Bet£5.20£11.20£7.04
    craigcu12All-in£19.20£30.40£0.00
    Jack8All-in£7.04£37.44£0.00
    craigcu12Unmatched bet£6.96£30.48£6.96
    Jack8Show
    craigcu12Show
    Jack8WinFull House, 6s and Kings£28.95£28.95
    Craig, with this luck..don't fall into a field of breasts...you'd come out sucking your own thumb!
  • Options
    GCDFGCDF Member Posts: 74
    Just call river??
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    GCDF said:

Just call river??

Think that's what I would have done, as we have the nut worst boat, & are beaten by so many hands.

In my defence, I'm a) Chairman of the Society of Nits & b), I mostly play PLO, & with boats so prevalent in PLO, 3-3 here is almost always a fold.

Also, when we play a PLO & PLO8, we never have "sickeners" - the beats are so frequent & outlandish, you sort of adjust to them, shrug your shoulders & move on.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    Tikay10 said:

GCDF said:

Just call river??

Think that's what I would have done, as we have the nut worst boat, & are beaten by so many hands.

In my defence, I'm a) Chairman of the Society of Nits & b), I mostly play PLO, & with boats so prevalent in PLO, 3-3 here is almost always a fold.

Also, when we play a PLO & PLO8, we never have "sickeners" - the beats are so frequent & outlandish, you sort of adjust to them, shrug your shoulders & move on.

This bet is very polarized and against a regular I'd be sure to just call because most days these will hold KQ, given the actual equity of this call I might even be inclined to fold because most regs will know my calling range on this board will be very strong therefore bluffing is out the question.

Against a rec it's a different story altogether, I start by ruling out hands such as QQ and KK preflop, I can't say for certain he'll not have QQ or KK but without notes on him playing premiums deceptively and knowing that most recs min 3bet these preflop, I'd say the chance of having one is low.

66 was ruled out on the flop, board like this are very bad for 66, their is the odd calling station knocking about but in this day and age calling stations like this are rare.

The only hands left now which beat me are 4 KQo 2 KQs and Kd6d, on the other hand lots of Kxs, KJo and K10o will all be sitting behind me and their's a good chance this rec will over value his trips by calling my all in shove, the number of KJ combos alone is greater than the number of hands I can put ahead of me and the number of K10 combos has out numbered how many Kxo full houses their are available.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited January 2018
    Tikay10 said:

GCDF said:

Just call river??

Against a regular I would have made the call infact I could have opted to fold in this spot against a regular because most regulars know my overall calling range here is very strong with 33 QQ and KQ making the FH and AK making trips+TK so the chance of them donk betting to bluff would be bad.

Against a rec it's a different story all together, The hand range of these players will contain alot of Kxs, any KJ or K10 and sometimes even a raggy Kxo, their overall range of FH on the other hand is quite small.

KK and QQ I'm ruling out preflop, some recs do play these decptively but most of them will min 3bet them, without any notes on this player playing premium pairs weak deceptively I have to look at the general picture, a 3bet would have been made preflop. I don't rule it out altogether but the chances of him calling an open bet as AK is higher than calling KK or QQ

This rec might have held 66 but the overall majority of recs in today's poker world fold that hand on the flop, calling stations like this one are very rare now and without any notes on this player being a very loose calling station I look at the general picture, hands like 66 would be folded on the flop.

The only hands I have left in his calling range which beat me are 4 KQo 2 KQs and Kd6d. the number of AKo, KJ and K10 combos alone out number his hand range sitting ahead of me strongly and if we were to also include hands like K3o and K6o, it gives an even great number of Kx hands in his range behind me and I could imagine most of those calling my shove
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

GCDF said:

Just call river??

Are we though? KQ the obvious candidate, maybe an unlikely K6 or QQ but that's basically it.

Think we miss out on way too much value if we just flat river as they are gonna show up with Kx pretty often here and struggle to pass to our jam.