You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what is the percentage of getting beat on the river

I keep getting caught on the river 100% of the time even when I already have the nuts before the river comes.
Just like to know what is the percentage of losing to the river.

Answers

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    xvexed said:

I keep getting caught on the river 100% of the time even when I already have the nuts before the river comes.

I am 100% sure that you do not lose every showdown you have on the river.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    xvexed said:

It’s about 100%
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,727
    xvexed said:

There is no clear answer to that, as it varies every time, depending on a) what your hand is, b) what your opponent's hand is & c) what the river card is.

It's like asking "how long is a piece of string?".

What we can be absolutely sure of though is that you do NOT "get caught on the river 100% of the time".

You get beat on the river, after holding the nuts on the turn, "sometimes", but it feels like it happens a lot. That's "selective memory" at work.
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    xvexed said:

Do you check a lot or just have a lot of loose players on your tables?