You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

how do u play againt people who call any thing

sim75sim75 Member Posts: 282
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
see the hand its happened a few times already and he has the nerve to say sorry
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sim75 Small blind  30.00 30.00 8530.00
x x x Big blind  60.00 90.00 4590.00
  Your hole cards

jake1971 Call  60.00 150.00 6730.00
sim75 Raise  270.00 420.00 8260.00
xxCall  240.00 660.00 4350.00
jake1971 Fold     
Flop

• Q
  • Q

sim75 Bet  660.00 1320.00 7600.00
xxxx Call  660.00 1980.00 3690.00
Turn

sim75 All-in  7600.00 9580.00 0.00
xxx All-in  3690.00 13270.00 0.00
sim75 Unmatched bet  3910.00 9360.00 3910.00
sim75 Show

xxxxx Show
  • J

River

xxxxxx Win Flush to the Queen

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    how could i play this hand any better?
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    Erm, on a different point you should probably stop publishing peoples names in your HH as they tend to get a little miffed at you doing this
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: how do u play againt people who call any thing:
    Erm, on a different point you should probably stop publishing peoples names in your HH as they tend to get a little miffed at you doing this
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Yes, please stop posting hands and naming your opponents.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Ask yourself what he's calling the flop with. Look at the size of the pot in relation to the blinds.

U went abit smash n bash, gun-ho!, its a stubborn play I do it sometimes myself. Slowwwww down after the flop.

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sorry have changed the name of the villian lol
    also dohh this person has openly showed he has called 10 high on a q hig flop thats why i moved heavy against him but was i right in why did he call the pre flop and then the flop?
  • Options
    Torres1892Torres1892 Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    The short answer is "absolutely nothing" but i think you played it far too aggressively post flop. What is he calling you with. he also could have slow played a monster and so would take all your chips anyway. Unfortunately there are plenty more where he came from and so thats why poker can be so frustrating !

• Options
    Torres1892Torres1892 Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    The short answer is "absolutely nothing" but i think you played it far too aggressively post flop. What is he calling you with. he also could have slow played a monster and so would take all your chips anyway. Unfortunately there are plenty more where he came from and so thats why poker can be so frustrating !

• Options
    edited February 2010
    All I can think off, as to why he played the hand pre flop, without being rude, is to look at the stack sizes. 

Unless its a deepstack u've both had gr8 starts to the tourny, and even if it is a deepstack, theres loads of play with blinds at 30/60. In deepstacked games players can play a wider range of hands hoping to crack big pairs etc. 

Id prefer 67 clubs or 78 clubs, rather than 7-jak of clubs, lol, but Im guessing he's thinking if he hits the flop big he can win a hUge pot, and if he misses the flop, he can get away cheaply and easily.

I wouldn't do it myself, just trying to sugest why he might.

Chances are he's just a poor player/played it poorly without much thought, but ya never know.

I still slow down after the flop tho.

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cheers dohh
    it was a deep stack so i guess your right with the ranges
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Im not defending his play SIM, do't think that.

If you think hes a loose cannon, and a hit n hoper, then maybe adapt ur game to combat this?

When Im playing players like this in deepstack cash games, I tighten my range up, I still build the pot by raising pre flop, but if the flop misses me, I slow down. I don't c bet as much. If I miss completely I just give up, let him win the small pots, get his confidence up. Against these guys Im always looking to win that 1 big pot that felts him.

It might be frustrating at times when you have such as 99, on that flop, as u KNOW hes probably holding 2 random cards, he could have hit the flop hard, he probably has missed by a mile, but u never know against these guys. This is why I like to stay in control, bet when Im ahead and I know Im ahead, and he'll pay u off. 

Watched a video of Tony G on utube playing HU, n he kept using the word CONTROL. Whenever he felt he was losing control of the action, he checked or folded. I keep thinking of that when Im playing, n it really helps. 

Anyway, u were UL, again. Hope it turns for ya, DOHH

• Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2010

You've built up 8k chips, why on earth are you pushing all in on that turn, he could of had anything, just because he is a serial caller doesn't mean he can't have the queen, 10 or the flush on that turn.

Looks and sounds to me as if you were playing your opponent more than looking at the board.

Future tips vs serial callers, play smaller pots with weaker holdings, bigger pots with premium (AA, KK, QQ, AK possibly AQ if suited) and don't be thinking oh last hand he had 7 2 offsuit at the showdown so he must have something similar this hand.

• Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    chek fold turn, u have no need to get involved.

Against these sorts of players, wait till u have the nuts or as close to it as u can get and you will get paid. theres no need to splash around trying to bluff these guys coz they dont listen, just wait for the perfect spots, they do come.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    edited February 2010

When the Flop came Q-4-Q (two Clubs), & Villain callled your bet, what sort of hand did you think Oppo might have? 

Presumably, some sort of Queen, or the FD? What else COULD he possibly have?

If you put him on either (& he can't Call your Flop bet with much else, except an overpair to your nines), he is NEVER passing when the 10 of clubs turns.

I know you have had a bad run lately, & it's not going well for you. I, & everyone else, would like to see you turn it round. This play of this hand could be a clue to your recent downswing, & a teeny adjustment to your thinking might be all that's needed.

I think you are looking at YOUR hand, & not trying to think what villain might have. If you get called on a that Flop, you just have to do one thing differently - "re-assess".

The coup is almost identical to you having K-K, & an A flops. You'd slow down a bit, exercise pot-control, as he probably only calls with an A.

In the hand you Posted, he can only call on the Flop with a Q, or a Club, surely? So moving in was "not optimal". His PF call was optimistic, but he has not done a thing wrong after that.

This is not meant to be anything but constructive Sim, I hope you know that.

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    Think about your raise preflop and what it is to accomplish and how many 'good' flops you will see. Once you are called on the flop you are only beating pocket pairs 55-88. Betting 4000 into 1200 doesn't really help on the turn either!
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited February 2010
    You tighten up play normal and exercise pot control on scary boards. Just about the opposite of everything you did. Hope this helps.

x
  • Options
    SpikeladSpikelad Member Posts: 406
    edited February 2010
    Often is my answer as over a period of time you will be ahead.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    You played that hand so bad.

Your opponent is probably thinking "What is this sims75 thinking??? Poker's easy, Send it!!!"

You bet the flop - fine
    Villain calls - what has he got? Assume it's a Q or club
    So a club comes on the turn and you shove

I'm not against a bet on the turn, but a shove is just stupid, u have plenty of chips to get away from this.