You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How many females play on Sky Poker?

Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
How many females play on Sky Poker? I know Rose, Nat, Paige, Amarie and a few more but really how many is there?

The reason I am asking this as at the moment there is a big push to get more women playing online and I've not seen any promotions by Sky to get women intrested in joining in. The womens market is the place to get more women intrested in playing online and live. There is definately a market for ladies only events and freerolls. I was wondering why no one had picked up on this?

I know quite a few ladies freerolls that get over 700 women, and no men can't join it's been set up that way, that play week after week. Yes the men moan but it's not only a male dominated thing now. The Ladies are crushing it. I think that Sky would be a great site for more females to play and learn on. It's not too big and it's not too small. Most don't know how to play 6 max so it would be something else for them to learn. Just a thought, but don't want you to miss the boat.

keeping a finger on the pulse of poker

Comments

• Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    They can leave the washing up until the 5 minute break :neutral:
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    The problem is that Sky already has a relatively tiny player pool. So trying to cater to a tiny part of a tiny pool might not be worth doing.
  • memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    One of the biggest changes in numbers I have seen in live poker is increasing numbers of women, which is great. The biggest fall i am seeing in live poker is in the 18-24 bracket. I would say the average age of the poker player has been climbing steadily over the last few years, as fewer 18 year olds instantly enter the player market. As for encoraging women, i think the ambiance in poker rooms has been steadily improving over the years, possibly because of a lessening of youthful testosterone losing money they can't afford to lose. That improved atmosphere certainly helps the older player of either sex to feel more interested in live play.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    edited February 2018
    Just for some context, in the 2017 WSOP ("Live", in Las Vegas) approx 4% of entrants were female. (4% equates to 1 in 25).
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Re - “Women only tournaments”
    How could this possibly be ‘policed’ online?
    Should there be “Men only” tournaments?
    I agree that ladies should be more welcomed in the poker world, but to say Women only (in any guise) is wrong.
  • glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    tomgoodun said:

Re - “Women only tournaments”
    How could this possibly be ‘policed’ online?
    Should there be “Men only” tournaments?
    I agree that ladies should be more welcomed in the poker world, but to say Women only (in any guise) is wrong.

Perhaps Sky could do a Ladies only " Invite " as they have done on the SPT Nottingham freeroll to limit it .
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    A 'woman only' tournament online would be a little patronising no?

• Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Before the PC brigade chip in, o:)
    I think skypoker should run a freeroll for the LGBT(Q) players.
    Losing, Gone Busto, Tilted, (Quit)
    (Quit)-as in Forum quitters, who quit due to too many outs, then return next pay day.
  • CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    lol see what u did there
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272

A 'woman only' tournament online would be a little patronising no?

No, as long as it's not arranged at a time when they should be cooking.