You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Playing via browser

adsthepro7adsthepro7 Member Posts: 264
Any of you regs out there play via the web browser instead of the downloaded software?

Always seem to get bugs and lag on the downloaded product but the browser always feels a lot smoother.

Wondering if anyone has the same issue

Ads

Comments

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    I only play in browser and am at least a semi-reg. I mentioned this to someone in chat a year or so ago and they said something like, "Hahaha, you play in browser!?!?" so I don't know if it's bad/uncool, but they used loads of punctuation so, as far as I'm concerned, they can go make love to themselves.

Hope this has helped, doubt it has. I've always found it dead smooth in browser.
  • Options
    LnarinOOLnarinOO Member Posts: 545
    yes i play in browser too... seems to run smoother for me
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited February 2018
    LnarinOO said:

yes i play in browser too... seems to run smoother for me

+1

• Options
    Sounds like it might be time for a change, cheers :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
    SR23 said:

I only play in browser and am at least a semi-reg. I mentioned this to someone in chat a year or so ago and they said something like, "Hahaha, you play in browser!?!?" so I don't know if it's bad/uncool, but they used loads of punctuation so, as far as I'm concerned, they can go make love to themselves.

Hope this has helped, doubt it has. I've always found it dead smooth in browser.

Sorry, we can't allow prejudice here, that's punctationalist.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

SR23 said:

Hope @Jac35 doesn't see this.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Always played on browser - the only thing I miss is the table popping up when its your turn - isn't good when playing on many tables/different sites too. But apart from that find the browser version much smoother
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
    SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

SR23 said:

Hope @Jac35 doesn't see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l7lM4zy0dM

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    I only play browser :smile: High volume is stressful! But works well other than that
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I only play browser too, download one seems really not smooth and it’s annoying. So I just stick to browser. Which is annoying a little because you can’t tile your windows if you have shut the sky poker tab down.
  • Options
    Seem to be a lot of people grinding the browser, some software work to do on Sky's end...
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I'm a traditionalist and use the download client. I don't like the mini view of tables and the full view version is blurry in browser (at least for me) compared to the download client.

I too get the semi-frequent freezes/crashes but find that periodically closing and reopening the client helps reduce their occurrences. The 5 min tourney break is ideal for this and you also shouldn't lose your seat at cash tables if you sit out and do it quickly enough.
  • Options
    I am finding the game to be a lot smoother in the browser dues, response time much faster with no lag. Could be a pc issue on my end though, it is like 4 years old :lol:
  • Options
    asmithxasmithx Member Posts: 86
    I use the browser because i despise mini view and on the browser i can change the zoom % so that i can i have 6-8 tables on one screen without it looking ugly.
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,213
    Always played on download but after reading this thread thought would give the browser a go. Agree its a lot smoother so great, ty.

But, is it just me or does the in game hh not work on browser?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    It doesn’t work if you click the link in the game chat if you have closed the sky poker tab and opened a new one. You just need to right click table and click reload to be able to see future HH but you need to keep the same browser open from what you opened the tables with.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

It doesn’t work if you click the link in the game chat if you have closed the sky poker tab and opened a new one. You just need to right click table and click reload to be able to see future HH but you need to keep the same browser open from what you opened the tables with.

I need this in my life.
  • Options
    SR23 said:

K0BAYASHl said:

I need this in my life.
    Haha, guess I could have worded it differently.