You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Are sky technical support not ashamed of this?

steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74

2nd time in last few sessions this happened as i reach final table...

same problem for lots of people for years and its pathetic nothings been done about it

Comments

• Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    thin
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    thin? yep....

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    It's just one hand you miss , it's a quirk in software which is being fixed and looking at your result it didn't affect you, I don't know what the fuss is about
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I know it is a turbo but maybe sky can look at structures as OP keeps posting FTs where he makes FT with sub 4bb
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

@steveysee

Good morning,

I'm not sure "ashamed" is the correct adjective, but then again I don't much enjoy hyperbole.

For context, it does not affect Cash Games, it does not affect SNG's, & it only affects MTT players, on average (just guessing) about 1 game in 10 or 20. In your case, of course, more frequently, as you tend to do rather well in these things. Even when it does affect us, we may not have played the hand, &/or we may have lost it, so really, it's not good, but hardly a disaster.

It's certainly - to me, anyway (I can't speak for the Tech guys) - a bit of an embarrassment, & for that, apologies.

Congrats on an excellent day yesterday, & good luck in the upcoming Easter UKOPS.
  • Options

Oh, forgot to add.

To be 100% honest, I don't see the problem being sorted in the near-term, it's been there for ages, & has proven resistant to being fixed. The Tech Guys did explain "why" to me, but it was all long techie words & my eyes glazed over.

What I do know is that the Techie resource is concentrating on the new software, and I think that's the right thing to do, if they keep spending time on the existing software, it just delays the introduction of the shiny new version.

Anyway @steveysee , there you have it, warts & all.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    How much compensation is OP due?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Brings a whole new dimension to "moaning it in"...
  • Options
    steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    I appreciate the words tikay, it shouldnt be an embarrassment for you, this problem isnt the communities, it has been here for years the fact that tech hasnt acted on community comments is just bad.

Stoke... i dont know what to say, missing a hand with such a short stack in turbo is kinda important,
    Matt.. nice needle, youve never won a tourney from a 3bb stack spot right.. u flirt

anyway its just disheartening
    gl's
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    Tikay10 said:

Oh, forgot to add.

To be 100% honest, I don't see the problem being sorted in the near-term, it's been there for ages, & has proven resistant to being fixed. The Tech Guys did explain "why" to me, but it was all long techie words & my eyes glazed over.

What I do know is that the Techie resource is concentrating on the new software, and I think that's the right thing to do, if they keep spending time on the existing software, it just delays the introduction of the shiny new version.

I actually like the current software. Is the RNG staying the same or changing as well? I like the RNG too :-D
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    PkDevil said:

Tikay10 said:

Oh, forgot to add.

I actually like the current software. Is the RNG staying the same or changing as well? I like the RNG too :-D
    Lordy Lordy, don't start them off again, purlease.

;)
  • Options
    CxE1CxE1 Member Posts: 204
    Tikay10 said:

@steveysee

Good morning,

I'm not sure "ashamed" is the correct adjective, but then again I don't much enjoy hyperbole.

For context, it does not affect Cash Games, it does not affect SNG's, & it only affects MTT players, on average (just guessing) about 1 game in 10 or 20. In your case, of course, more frequently, as you tend to do rather well in these things. Even when it does affect us, we may not have played the hand, &/or we may have lost it, so really, it's not good, but hardly a disaster.

It's certainly - to me, anyway (I can't speak for the Tech guys) - a bit of an embarrassment, & for that, apologies.

Congrats on an excellent day yesterday, & good luck in the upcoming Easter UKOPS.

Tikay, Sky

Outcomes good, bad or indifferent have no relevance.

Gaming law states games of equal chance. This would therefore be a breach of gaming law as during those hands there is no equal chance. I would imagine it would also constitute a breach of contract as this would be not allowed in terms of general play.

Failure to address this over several years makes it considerably more serious.

• Options
    adzboadzbo Member Posts: 52
    Tikay10 said:

@steveysee

Good morning,

Hi T,

Not trying to throw a spanner in the works here but it's not only MTT's - it happens in DYM's too. Very rarely (agree with your 1 in 10 or 20 games statement) and it's only for 1 hand, so it's not a big deal but just needed to clarfy it's not just MTT's.

Adzzz

• Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    At SPT Manchester there was someone from a team that is designing some new software for sky. All the silly niggles should be fixed when that is released and I doubt much time will be spent trying to fix anything on the current system with a new one on its way. Do we have a timeframe for the new SW TK?
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    Have to say since i,ve complained about customer support on here before - compared to other sites - its better than most - some sites you can,t even get to speak to someone nowadays - you have communicate via emails
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791

adzbo said:

Tikay10 said:

@steveysee

Good morning,

Hi T,

Not trying to throw a spanner in the works here but it's not only MTT's - it happens in DYM's too. Very rarely (agree with your 1 in 10 or 20 games statement) and it's only for 1 hand, so it's not a big deal but just needed to clarfy it's not just MTT's.

Adzzz

I've played a lot of (mainly turbo) DYMs & never known this happen... I thought it was only when you switched to a FT?
  • Options

adzbo said:

Tikay10 said:

@steveysee

Good morning,

Hi T,

Adzzz

I've played a lot of (mainly turbo) DYMs & never known this happen... I thought it was only when you switched to a FT?
    I don't play Turbo's so I can't comment on them but in the Omaha Hi/Lo DYM's it does happen from time to time. It doesn't happen too often but I was in a £5 DYM last night when it happened - which is why I posted it on here.

Adzzz
  • Options

Here's an example of what I was saying. Not complaining, as it doesn't happen too often - just posting it for avoidance of doubt
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    I'm quite pleased when it happens to me, then I cant take the blame for the dumb call.....