You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What am i doing wrong

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
I would appreciate some advice on why I cant seem to fold out worse hands.

Example 1 Live tourney 23 runners 8 players at the table left blinds 1000 / 2000 ante 100 I have 140,000 chips and the villain has 90,000 average is around 60,000. I get As Ah in the big blind and face a raise of 7500 from the villain in seat 5. he has shown that he has a fairly wide range so I pop it to 19000 and he calls flop is Ac 5h 9h. I bet 22,000 he shoves and I call. He tables Kh 6h. 10h falls on the turn and the river bricks. He says I didn't bet enough to fold out his flush draw.

Example 2 Live tourney final table 9 players blinds 3000 / 6000 300 ante. My stack size 120,000 villain 80,000. I get Ad As UTG raise it to 16500 get called by villain in hijack. Flop comes K 2 3 rainbow I put villain all in to call he snaps and tables K h 3h and the turn and river run out dry.

Am I betting too little or am I giving the opponents the right odds to call?

Advice and or criticism welcomed thanks.

Comments

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    In hand one once opponent calls pre I don't think opponent is folding the 2nd nut flush draw on that flop. We get it in as a massive favourite but happen to lose the pot this time. Why do you want opponent to fold?

I feel you are being very results orientated when you cant really do much else, sometimes we get it in good and lose, sometimes our big hands get outflopped.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    Thanks Matt. I know that youre right its just that both scenarios left me in a bubble battle and although I managed to cash in both I was worried that my ability to play A A might be at fault but as its just variance I'm happy to continue.
  • Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    I agree with Matt completely. You played both hands completely fine just got unlucky in both spots
  • mayd_dawgmayd_dawg Member Posts: 9
    In the first hand you may want to 3bet a little bit bigger, over 3x the original raise. Also, you want to get it in against a flush draw because you're a favourite and have the backdoor nut flush draw as well. Second hand is totally standard.
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    Your bet sizing is fine - you don't want to fold out worse hands so long as you aren't giving them correct odds to call (which is almost never the case when you have AA late tourney)

Most of the time you take the pot down on the flop with AA against K6 or he does a good chunk of his stack when he flops a pair of kings (or 6s on some board runouts)
  • charlton99charlton99 Member Posts: 3
    as a novice (the good advice is above) when you get aces I say just pump it up to all in - don't even care what your opponent has been doing - I figure I'd rather go out to aces than anything else. I understand that may not be good advice as a decent player but from my experience 75% of people you come up against aren't decent players and will shove with k high so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
  • weedgiweedgi Member Posts: 103
    get it clear u want him to call with flush draw so pricing him out would be a mistake