You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No 8:30pm £5.50 PLO8 BH?

markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
Cannot see it listed. Has it been pulled or is this an error?

I thought the two £5.50 PLO8 BHs were performing quite well, all things considered?

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,116
    Same
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    markycash said:

I thought the two £5.50 PLO8 BHs were performing quite well, all things considered?

Think this may have been pulled @markycash both have been struggling to hit numbers since the league finished mate. Sure @Tikay10 will confirm it for you.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373

No idea, I was not aware it had been pulled.

I'll ask in the morning and let you know.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10 if it's been pulled due to not hitting guarantee could you ask James if we can have it back with lower guarantee please. Long night if your knocked out of the 7:15 early.There is PL08 dym but the regulars are all sharks :D
  • Options
    safc71 said:

markycash said:

Think this may have been pulled @markycash both have been struggling to hit numbers since the league finished mate. Sure @Tikay10 will confirm it for you.
    Cheers safc. Maybe the league was helping more than we realised.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Cheers Tikay
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    i was away this weekend, did the 33 play sunday? , as it was cancelled week before as only 4 of us made start
  • Options
    <

i was away this weekend, did the 33 play sunday? , as it was cancelled week before as only 4 of us made start

Not sure conor i was playing in the 7:15 and the 8:30 PL08 BH and for the first time forgot all about it. I doubt it ran but i hope it did.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,116

It didn't-i was 1 of only 3 who had reg'd
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373

Hi Guys,

The 8.30pm £5 PLO8 BH has been dropped from the schedule, apparently, after repeatedly missing it's Guarantee.

The same fate has befallen the £33er on Sunday evening, too, unsurprisingly.
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    cheers guys, gutted loved that tourney
  • Options
    notbrook1notbrook1 Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2018
    What a disappointment. I don't understand why it needs to be pulled, does it need a guarantee? Is a £10 or £20 not worth trying on Sunday? Could there even be a £10 b/h nightly at weekend to keep the reg players happy? Is an occasional NL8 b/h an option, very popular on other sites?

Even if it's a small guarantee and small reg player pool, I'll still play, it's a great game.
  • Options
    Cheers for updating us Tikay. That is a pity. It looks like the league being wound up has had a significant effect on the games, even the Sunday game was doing okay when the guarantee was reduced to £400 (while the league was running).
  • Options
    notbrook1notbrook1 Member Posts: 72
    How about a catchy PLO8 at 8pm on Saturday and Sunday - £8 buy in?

Just throwing anything out there, I'm not desperate or anything! [Arghh]
  • Options
    adzboadzbo Member Posts: 52
    It's a shame that these have been removed - as the more Hi/Lo the merrier - but it is understandable. The problem with the £33 was always that the vast majority of Hi/Lo players on here are £2/£3/£5 players (Eon, Chiggy, Tikay and a few others aside) so the jump to £33 was always a little steep from those levels.

I do think there is room for more Hi/Lo MTT's, though. I like notbrook's suggestion of an £8 (maybe £10?) on a Saturday and Sunday.

Marky could be on to something with the league stopping too. Before the Hi/Lo BH's started, the regular Thursday night Hi/Lo league (buy ins: 2x£2; 1x£3; 1x£5) regularly did well until that league stopped running. Whilst the Thursday league was running, the prizes were an added incentive to play 3/4 of those games but after the league stopped that incentive wasn't there, which is probably part of the reason people went from those to the BH's instead (as in, playing 3/4 of the Thursday league games, plus 1/2 BH's means between 4-6 MTT's running at the same time which is too many for a lot of people and as there were no prizes any more for the league, the BH's became more preferable for a fair few people).

As there is now only 1 BH running, I think that Thursday night league may well be worth revisiting - if only for a trial run. If it helped, I'd have a bash at updating things on here (though my updates may not be until the Saturday - and I'd probably need people to send me screenshots of entrants/finishes etc). For admin/time reasons, having a Freezeout would be a lot better (not just because I prefer them to BH's but partly), with similar prizes to the previous league: Weekly winner/top 2 - free entry for the following week; monthly winner - Entry to the £33 BH, or whatever the prize was.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Adzzz
  • Options
    ClaudecatClaudecat Member Posts: 14
    Why don't you just run it as £100 tourney, and remove the "guaranteed" bit. Most of the time it's more cash than this, and this fact is not emphasised in the title. Many people join late, so a cutoff time just before the start might be premature. I don't think anyone is going to moan that in fact the total prize pool ended up as 80 or 90 quid instead of 100.

The other thing to remember is that OMHLPL is a game of the future, and can only gain in popularity. The only sensible way to play this game is on this format, on a computer as opposed to live, so I believe if you start up again after it gets popular you will always be a few steps behind your competitors.

As for Mark's fantastic league, I would like to say that was brilliant and I got hooked on it, but not to win anything, just to see how everyone is doing. I don't think it needs a prize, especially a free game of Hold'em.