You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SKY Poker Site Failure Last Night

TheAAcesTheAAces Member Posts: 77
edited February 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Last night as we all know SKY Poker went kaput, I was playing in a DYM and watched as I was blinded out, curiously enough out of the 6 players, 5 were unable to play but 1 was, and proceeded to steal the blinds. So why wasn't there a blanket failure for all players? Surely SKY need to build in some amendments to the system to freeze games in these instances, or at least have a mirror system in place so they can switch servers and continue service.

When are we going to be refunded our tournament stakes? I was expecting this to have been done this morning 

What it is holding up this simple decision?

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    hey there,

i'm really sorry about the delay in getting your refund. as i'm sure you can imagine the team (customer care) are receiving very high volumes of traffic. i can assure you that if you have contacted them you will eventually get your refund.

thanks for being patience and bearing with us.

Rich  
  • Options
    leapylee57leapylee57 Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2010
    I posted a question re-failure last night, it's nor even appeared on this page, how do I get to customer care?
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    you posted on another thread and it is still there.

to get in contact with customer care please see this thread

cheers!
  • Options
    TheAAcesTheAAces Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2010
    SKY_Rich,

So what you are saying is that if we want a refund, each player has to individually contact The Care Team? well I'm not suprised they are knee-deep in enquiries.

Surely the logical thing to do is to simply refund the tournament entry fee for those players who were still playing at the time of the implosion last night or give the players the appropriate prize money depending on their placing in the MTT tournaments.

Circa 2,000 players affected last night, you want everyone to contact The Care Team?????..........it's a bit &rse about face don't you think????.................can't Sky issue a general message to deal with this issue so that nobody is down on the deal.....after all it is SKY's responsibility to maintain Service Level Cover. 

We don't all have time to wait for 30 minutes to be spoken to curtly and abruptly by The Care Team.

TheAAces
  • Options
    LIAM5KINGLIAM5KING Member Posts: 159
    edited February 2010
    I THINK IT IS HARD TO REFUND AND SORT THE MESS OUT, AS THE ODD PLAYER WHO HAD NOT BEEN BOOTED OFF THE GAMES WHO THEN STOLE THE BLINDS OF THE AWAY PLAYERS, ARE SAT WITH ALL OUR CASH,SO SHOULD THEY HAVE THAT TAKEN OFF THEM OR SHOULD SKY BITE THE BULLET ON THIS ?