You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

chat ban

TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
32red are doing away with table chat.wonder if other sites will follow.probably a money saving scheme.

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    Unibet do the same. Not sure it's a money saving scheme tho...
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Its interesting, the lack of chat would appear to be less rec friendly , but the prevalence of chatbox 'experts' berating play and putting new players off probably outweighs the positives.
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    From what I gather there can be a lot of banter and ribbing in live games as well so not sure that removing the chat would do anything to create a more realistic environment....

If you can't handle it online then how are you going to be able to handle it in a live game when another player gets in your face deliberately trying to rile you up?
  • Options
    walesboywalesboy Member Posts: 993
    I thought you could switch the chat off if you didn't want it? Surely that's a better option IMO. I like chatting to people (most of the time!). Then again I only play recreationally (and some would say badly also!) and like the chat if I'm in the mood.
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    never berated a player for a bad play that's massive -EV, always the opposite, the chat box comes in handy to complement them on the play, so the chat box is plus EV imo.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    JJBinks said:

never berated a player for a bad play that's massive -EV, always the opposite, the chat box comes in handy to complement them on the play, so the chat box is plus EV imo.

I did notice you had been quite complimentary about my play recently...
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    i see a lot of regs say Nh to the Rec when they hit trips in a 4 bet pot with there 37os lol

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    JJBinks said:

Awww now I understand why you tell me you would play the JJ hand the same lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,118

32red are doing away with table chat.wonder if other sites will follow.probably a money saving scheme.

It can't possibly be a money saving scheme.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    Wouldn't affect me anyway if sky did this as I always use the classic view that has no chat... it's a shame in a way, because I wouldn't mind chatting at the table but i just can't play with the normal layout!
  • Options
    weedgiweedgi Member Posts: 103
    jj binks is the only player that berates me but i dont mind chat box is good for game
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    weedgi said:

jj binks is the only player that berates me but i dont mind chat box is good for game

Is always funny when the lesser ability players say stuff but you just have to let them have their rant. Some of these guys even have good regs down as fish with their notes so they obviously have no clue what they are doing.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

weedgi said:

Is always funny when the lesser ability players say stuff but you just have to let them have their rant. Some of these guys even have good regs down as fish with their notes so they obviously have no clue what they are doing.
    not sure why you have a problem with me, don't worry I'm sure I can find a way to straighten this out. glgl
  • Options
    ill take your advice matt and stay away from posting on the forum from now on.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    JJBinks said:

MattBates said:

weedgi said:

not sure why you have a problem with me, don't worry I'm sure I can find a way to straighten this out. glgl
    I assumed the people saying about you saying stuff in chat were friends and it was banter. My comment was meant as a joke in reference to your stream where you had the note from and @MynaFrett I think kept saying to change it and you didn't.

Why would I have spend time following/chatting on your twitch if I had a problem with you?
  • Options
    mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645
    Most of us will lose a some fun and edge without chat.

Bad times.