You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

DYM Colluders

JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
edited July 2018 in Poker Chat
Hi folks,

Two colluders (could be same person) today on DYM 11gpb table - names ********* and *****.

******* only plays games in which ******** plays (quick ss search with subscription shows this).

******* dumped me out of the tourny and then almost very next hand donated 1/3 of his stack to his friend ******.

Game number was 32759247 (other games they have been in are on sharkscope - they are actually not that great at playing - lots and lots of limping as usual when cheaters want to dump in these games). But it is quite obvious they are together or the same person so hope Sky deals with this swiftly.

Have sent an email to support (hopefully will get a refund who knows?) but wanted to make other players aware of these guys.

Thank you very much folks!

J x

Comments

• JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Furthermore, if anyone knows graham_1979 and Mcfc97 please make them aware as they were wrongfully robbed of their ten quid, particularly Graham who they repeatedly shaftet on the bubble.
  • Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    Please don't include alias' in a post such as this. Preferably don't put these posts on the forum at all. You have done the right thing raising this with support. It will be referred to the appropriate team who will take necessary action. Any players deemed to have been at a disadvantage will be compensated appropriately.

• The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    For as long as they have existed, DYM's have been ripe for people to collude.

This is a big reason why many of the big sites dumped them.

I would be very surprised if players weren't working together in these types of games on sites where they are offered on a daily basis.
    The--Don said:

For as long as they have existed, DYM's have been ripe for people to collude.

This is a big reason why many of the big sites dumped them.

I would be very surprised if players weren't working together in these types of games on sites where they are offered on a daily basis.

Actually, Skypoker has been magnificent for clean games in DYM. Other sites not so much.

I've played 40,000 of them on this site and I would honestly say less than 100 of them have been collusive, which is a great record. Long may it continue as DYM's are a great game IMO.
    Jac35 said:

It’s been a regular theme in that people who don’t play the format tell us that there is a lot of collusion going on.

It certainly has been the case on the larger sites. It’s obviously much more difficult to police on those sites.

With Sky having such a small player pool it’s very rare.
    After 20k+ Dyms I find it quite easy to spot on the odd occasion it happens. I’ve reported through the correct channels and those players have been banned.
    Maybe 4 or 5 times in all those games have I had to do this.

I would say that anyone can play Dyms on Sky and feel confident that it’s a straight game

Agreed
    Jac35 said:

It’s been a regular theme in that people who don’t play the format tell us that there is a lot of collusion going on.

It certainly has been the case on the larger sites. It’s obviously much more difficult to police on those sites.

With Sky having such a small player pool it’s very rare.
    After 20k+ Dyms I find it quite easy to spot on the odd occasion it happens. I’ve reported through the correct channels and those players have been banned.
    Maybe 4 or 5 times in all those games have I had to do this.

I would say that anyone can play Dyms on Sky and feel confident that it’s a straight game

I would wager that in a sample size of 20k games, there will have been more than 4 or 5 occasions where there have been people colluding at your table, either by chip dumping, or just soft playing each other.

At lower stakes, they might well have been so **** at it, they were hard to detect but no way it has happened in just 0.02% of the time in games you have played and it is extremely naive to suggest the numbers are that low.
  • ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    i know you cannot name them on here but are they still playing
    now
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited July 2018
    Hmmm

So 2 players with 60000k+ experience of Dyms say collusion is rare.

However, Regi, TheDon, Paul, says it’s commonplace. It’s obv irrelevant that he doesn’t play the games. He knows stuff.

We stand corrected. We’re extremely naive.

Remove them Sky
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    ckd said:

now

If you are referring to the matter raised in the OP, I can confirm that the matter was dealt with 2 players in question will no longer be in a position to collude.

From time to time, collusion is suspected & reported. In the vast majority of cases, there is no credible evidence. Some players - quite a few actually - cry "collusion" just because 2 players with the same Field Address - Newcastle, Manchester, London or whatever - are on the same table. Which is not sufficient evidence at all.

If & when evidence is found, it is dealt with immediately.

As has been stated on here many, many, times, if anyone suspects collusion, just get hold of Customer Care, or drop me a PM, & it will be investigated immediately. The process is quick, & is efficient.

NEVER post their screen-names on here, & NEVER cut & paste onto the Forum e-Mails or chat transcripts you have had with The Business, which is really poor form. The Business will never publish correspondence it has with specific players, & that should cut both ways.

Jacquelyn said:

Furthermore, if anyone knows graham_1979 and Mcfc97 please make them aware as they were wrongfully robbed of their ten quid, particularly Graham who they repeatedly shaftet on the bubble.

When collusion is found & proven, Sky Poker reimburse any other players affected.
    Jac35 said:

Hmmm

So 2 players with 60000k+ experience of Dyms say collusion is rare.

However, Regi, TheDon, Paul, says it’s commonplace. It’s obv irrelevant that he doesn’t play the games. He knows stuff.

We stand corrected. We’re extremely naive.

Remove them Sky

Commonplace? I don't recall saying that.

I questioned your numbers, which were clearly pulled out of thin air. If you genuinely believe that your estimate is correct then you don't understand people, or poker as well as you might think.

Other sites pull the games because they're riddled with collusion but here, they're squeaky clean with just one in every four thousand games being compromised?

I suspect you're letting your compulsion to hate every word I say cloud your judgement sir.

Collusion and soft play is hard to police. Cheats of all varieties are mostly only caught when diligent players have spent hours analysing their databases looking for trends and patterns to identify them.

Players that are good at it will be hard to detect with the naked eye. They will also likely be playing from multiple accounts, switching regularly. There will also be groups of friends playing that don't have any agreement or profit sharing deals that take it easy on each other because that is just what friends do etc.

For example, 4 players left. Player A has a huge stack. His friend (who he has never discussed cheating with) is in the BB on the 3rd biggest stack. Player A has a hand that is close between a jam and a fold. Do you think human nature dictates that he jams it in his mates eye, or that he makes the fold?

I suspect that you might respond saying you would jam there but I'm not asking what you would do. I'm asking what you think two unknown to you friends or acquaintances might do.

Where there is gambling, there will always be people trying to cheat to get the money. It's rare of course but it sure isn't 0.02% of the time rare. You don't have to have played 20,000 games of anything to understand that.

Tikay10 said:

ckd said:

now

NEVER post their screen-names on here, & NEVER cut & paste onto the Forum e-Mails or chat transcripts you have had with The Business, which is really poor form. The Business will never publish correspondence it has with specific players, & that should cut both ways.

Hi Tikay,

I posted their screen names to alert other players to them so that they didn't get robbed as well. When it was so blatently obvious I thought it reasonable to alert the fair players to these cheats.

No replies or transcripts that I sent via email were copied and pasted here? I actually wrote on the forum first before emailing support.
    edited July 2018
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

ckd said:

now

Hi Tikay,

I posted their screen names to alert other players to them so that they didn't get robbed as well. When it was so blatently obvious I thought it reasonable to alert the fair players to these cheats.

No replies or transcripts that I sent via email were copied and pasted here? I actually wrote on the forum first before emailing support.
    Hi @Jacquelyn

I never said or suggested you had C & P any e-Mails on here, it was a general point addressed to all.

I'm aware of why you posted the screen-names, (which were very quickly edited out by Sky Poker) but I refer to my previous post, & I'd ask everyone to post responsibly & never use screen-names when posting about these matters. We can't have trial by players or Forum.

As I noted earlier, just send the info to Sky Poker & it will be dealt with promptly & properly. Posting that sort of stuff on the Forum serves no practical purpose at all.

Thank you.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

ckd said:

now

Hi Tikay,

How could they get robbed given that sky issue refunds in these instances?
    MattBates said:

Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

ckd said:

now

Hi Tikay,

How could they get robbed given that sky issue refunds in these instances?
    Well a couple of ways;

1. Skypoker team get it wrong and don't think it was cheating (thus dont refund anyone)
    2. Do they refund every single player from every single game that they have been in, without emailing in and asking for it? - I dont think they do, because of the few games they did play, I played in a lot more than just the one with them yesterday, and probably lost some of those too - but i only got one refund for that one game yesterday.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Jacquelyn said:

2. Do they refund every single player from every single game that they have been in, without emailing in and asking for it? - I dont think they do, because of the few games they did play, I played in a lot more than just the one with them yesterday, and probably lost some of those too - but i only got one refund for that one game yesterday.

I have never had a refund unless I've been the one reporting collusion and asking for a refund, although that could very well be coincidence or no other games that I've lost being reported to Sky as being dodgy.

Idk about other DYM players.