You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Help with new tables/Software please

Comments

• JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Hi Tikay,

Sorry if it sounded like a personal attack - that was not my intention. I appreciate your updates. However, I am continually frustrated by this issue - it directly costs us multi tabling DYM regs money Every. Single. Day. I am not a happy customer as you can probably tell!

From my end, nothing has been fixed (infact perfectly working old tables were taken away from us), changed or done about it, you say that they are trying, we have your word on that, and I hope that it means something, but that is all we have - away from the forum my emails have been ignored on this matter. It has now been 12 weeks and nothing has changed - so please forgive me for the cynicism.

I just find it unacceptable that such a huge company cannot fix this issue, dare I say, it shouldn't have even been an issue in the first place; this is something that surely should have been ironed out through testing before this version of the software went 'live' and before Sky got rid of the old tables (which worked perfectly as previously stated).

Again, apologies to you as I/we appreciate your help on the matter; my issue is not with you, but with the company as a whole for not fixing this, after numerous, continual attempts and lots of complaining - I am flabbergasted that they haven't fixed it because players will no doubt be leaving the site because of it - resulting in poorer traffic, resulting in less revenue for Skypoker.

Thanks Tikay!
    Sorry to carry on with this thread folks, but with the promotion running for the next 3-4 weeks it is becoming increasingly hard to play properly and compete in it properly on this software (without losing money trying to keep up anyway!)

I complained (again) to support and today I received an email back from a staff member who basically told me to reset my cache and cookies and said that the problem is my end. Except it isn't, and this thread surely proves that.

I can only assume that they did not read this thread or the others out there about the same issue? - Even though i sent them a link to it? To me this shows me that the support staff simply do not take complaints from their regular players seriously.

I know this issue is prominent at the moment as I have seen other players talking about it in the chat boxes at the tables - I won't name names but I hope that they see this thread.

Tikay, I know you are trying to help here, why would a member of support staff ignore reading this thread when I linked it to them in my complaint email?

Why would sky set up a rake race promo when they know that their software crashes on many of their customers if they play more than 10+ tables for longer than 45 minutes?

On a regular day I lose 20-30gpb a day since the change in tables, it is unacceptable. During this promo when trying to chase rake points it is even worse.

I don't know what else I can do here, this problem is simply being ignored? The original post is from April 18th!

TIA.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Just to clarify Jacquelyn, how much does this cost you daily?

I don't think I've seen you mention the figure anywhere.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    This has been happening to me all month.

:'(:'(:'(:'(

Just to clarify Jacquelyn, how much does this cost you daily?

I don't think I've seen you mention the figure anywhere.

Haha good one!

I mention the amount because since April 18th, the original post, this equates to a four figure sum. There is another thread on this matter posted from May 2017, so it's actually well over a year without SkyPoker doing anything about it.

It is crazy that a) this has not been fixed and b) that they ignore that there is even a problem and c) they offer no compensation to those affected.

I guess it is also crazy that d) I stay around playing here and su ck it up!

Sorry HHY, but for me this is a big issue; for those that dont multi table as much or don't seem to be affected I can see that it comes across as moany, but I am sure if it affected your income you would be moaning too?!
    DOHHHHHHH said:

This has been happening to me all month.

:'(:'(:'(:'(

It has been happening to quite a few players Dohhh i think. I think there are lots more out there too that don't complain, or dont use the forums so don't see this thread.

Have you tried emailing support too? - If so, what do they say to you?
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    edited August 2018
    With the Stars takeover/new software on the semi distant horizon I wouldn't expect to see much change for you in the current softwares iteration. It's probably super annoying to fix, or relatively impossible if it's a memory leak. I think you're going to have to hang tight!
  • ommomm Member Posts: 444
    Maybe Sky are just not concerned about people that play that many tables. Seems that in general the industry is going that way with Stars reducing the amount of tables you can play (cash) and RunitOnce even asking the players which they prefer a max of 4 or 6 tables but these were the only two options.

Obviously not great for you guys that mass multi table but maybe it’s you that should consider changing the way you play rather than expecting Sky to invest time and money into something that may not be important to them. (Obvs I don’t know this but may make sense)

Goodluck trying to get this resolved.
    omm said:

Maybe Sky are just not concerned about people that play that many tables. Seems that in general the industry is going that way with Stars reducing the amount of tables you can play (cash) and RunitOnce even asking the players which they prefer a max of 4 or 6 tables but these were the only two options.

Obviously not great for you guys that mass multi table but maybe it’s you that should consider changing the way you play rather than expecting Sky to invest time and money into something that may not be important to them. (Obvs I don’t know this but may make sense)

Goodluck trying to get this resolved.

Thanks Omm,

Yes - obviously I could reduce my tables, but that would mean not being able to take part in the promo properly...

Obviously, if there is no solution (and there hasn't been for over a year so I think Kapo is right) then yes, i will reduce my tables or play on a different site - which just results in less traffic for Skypoker and less rake, bad for everyone that is which is why it is incredible they don't fix it.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,517
    Clearly, if this problem could have been solved by moaning about it, it would have been solved long ago.

Unfortunately continually whinging about it, will not solve the problem any quicker.

There is an appropriate saying which goes along the lines of,

The definition of insanity is to do exactly the same tomorrow, as you have done today and expect a different result.

Albert Einstein probably didn't have poker site software in his mind when he said it.

However if he were alive today he might well have amended this saying as follows,

If you experience a problem playing ten tables today, then get up tomorrow and not only continue to play ten tables, but whinge and moan about encountering the same problem, and continue this process day after day, it would surely be proof of insanity.
    HAYSIE said:

Clearly, if this problem could have been solved by moaning about it, it would have been solved long ago.

Unfortunately continually whinging about it, will not solve the problem any quicker.

The definition of insanity is to do exactly the same tomorrow, as you have done today and expect a different result.

Albert Einstein probably didn't have poker site software in his mind when he said it.

However if he were alive today he might well have amended this saying as follows,

If you experience a problem playing ten tables today, then get up tomorrow and not only continue to play ten tables, but whinge and moan about encountering the same problem, and continue this process day after day, it would surely be proof of insanity.

Great input Haysie. Useful and insightful at the same time.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,164
    If it is the memory leak issue (probably is!) then you could try adding a load more RAM to your PC, that should reduce the frequency of the fault. Guess you're running a 64-bit Operating System that can take advantage of more RAM?
    I know that costs money, but it may allow you to live a little longer due to less stress :)
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,164
    Hmm, I just did a reply to this but it's gone for moderator approval first. Not sure why.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
    NoseyBonk said:

Hmm, I just did a reply to this but it's gone for moderator approval first. Not sure why.

Sorry about that Elliott, I've sorted it all now, reinstated all your posts & deleted all the duplicates.

Your help is appreciated.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807

I'm rather busy right now, so please don't think I'm ignoring the post by Jacquelyn, I'll reply soonest, though I doubt I will be able to tell him or her anything I have not said previously.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,517
    Jacquelyn said:

HAYSIE said:

Great input Haysie. Useful and insightful at the same time.
    Thanks, I am glad you appreciated it.

If any further proof of insanity was required, it would be you trying to convince everyone that you are prepared to lose £30 per day in order to compete in the current promotion.

Your input is neither useful nor insightful, just pure nonsense.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    NoseyBonk said:

If it is the memory leak issue (probably is!) then you could try adding a load more RAM to your PC, that should reduce the frequency of the fault. Guess you're running a 64-bit Operating System that can take advantage of more RAM?
    I know that costs money, but it may allow you to live a little longer due to less stress :)

I have 16GB RAM and although I experience this problem occasionally, it's definitely less frequent for me than it seems to be for other players based on volume of forum complaints and chatbox complaints.

I've still had it three times this week though, which is still pretty ridiculous. I'm getting into the habit of just screenshotting every time it happens, and I'll start asking Sky to ping my money back that I have invested into any pots where it happens going forward.

It happens way more once I start playing 15+ tables so I set myself a limit of 12 on Sky nowadays (And tbh I play better which makes up for less tables anyway). But I've had it happen when I've only been playing 9-10 tables at times too.

And that still doesn't do anything to replace losses from things like posting blinds then missing the button, getting stood up from the table and lose a good seat, auto top-up being switched off, or timing out in hands when I log back in as a dozen tables all pop up at once on top of each other and I have to reposition all of my tables.

Even if this problem can't be resolved with the current software, there's definitely things that can be done about it in the meantime.

It wouldn't be difficult to have an option for auto top-up to be on by default if a player chooses - This would be incredibly useful anyway, not only for this disconnect issue but because it also doesn't turn on or prompt you to do so when you sit back down at a cash table and you get the message about Sky's reducing policy.
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, I am glad you appreciated it.

If any further proof of insanity was required, it would be you trying to convince everyone that you are prepared to lose £30 per day in order to compete in the current promotion.

Your input is neither useful nor insightful, just pure nonsense.

Losing 20-30 overall a day on disconnection issues doesn't mean i'm losing 20-30gbp overall does it? Are you stupid?

Clearly this doesn't affect you so why come on the forum and shoot down what is a VERY valid and common issue among many players, not just myself?

Very surprised at your attitude towards this seeing as it also indirectly affects you - if myself and just a few others leave the site because of this then it leaves your three lunchtime tournies void of players and that tourny will be removed.

EvilPingu said:

NoseyBonk said:

I have 16GB RAM and although I experience this problem occasionally, it's definitely less frequent for me than it seems to be for other players based on volume of forum complaints and chatbox complaints.

I've still had it three times this week though, which is still pretty ridiculous. I'm getting into the habit of just screenshotting every time it happens, and I'll start asking Sky to ping my money back that I have invested into any pots where it happens going forward.

It happens way more once I start playing 15+ tables so I set myself a limit of 12 on Sky nowadays (And tbh I play better which makes up for less tables anyway). But I've had it happen when I've only been playing 9-10 tables at times too.

And that still doesn't do anything to replace losses from things like posting blinds then missing the button, getting stood up from the table and lose a good seat, auto top-up being switched off, or timing out in hands when I log back in as a dozen tables all pop up at once on top of each other and I have to reposition all of my tables.

Even if this problem can't be resolved with the current software, there's definitely things that can be done about it in the meantime.

It wouldn't be difficult to have an option for auto top-up to be on by default if a player chooses - This would be incredibly useful anyway, not only for this disconnect issue but because it also doesn't turn on or prompt you to do so when you sit back down at a cash table and you get the message about Sky's reducing policy.
    All of this makes really good sense Evilpingu - thank you for posting, thanks for the screenshot too. Good to know i'm not alone and your support is welcomed!
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    15+ tables, I must be getting old, I struggle to play 4 at the one time lol, I would be timing out all the time , it would drive me crazy.