You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

laptop

eebyeeebye Member Posts: 5
Hi does anyone have any idea what is the best lap top to play poker on iplay on I pad at the min but looking to get a lap top there’s so many out there it’s a bit of a nightmare any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,358
    Answer ✓

It depends on whether you're multi-tabling or multi-siting. If you're playing 4 or less tables then you need not go overboard, in fact, quite the opposite. Even the crappiest of old laptops should run a few Sky tables without any issue whatsoever.

Poker software and it's tables need, in general, very few resources. There aren't even any specifications worth mentioning that you need because you just don't, when playing just a few tables.

Once you start getting into 6, 7, 8+ tables then you would need to think about having at least 8gb ram and an ok processor. Graphics card is irrelevant as the one that comes integrated into the laptop when you buy it will be more than sufficient for playing poker and browsing the web. Hard drive irrelevant.

Screen size and resolution are what I look for mostly when I buy a poker laptop but that's just a quality of life thing. Certainly not essential if you're not multitabling.

ll struggle to improve on this advice , how much cash are you willing to spend?
  • Options
    xfgwdtboswxfgwdtbosw Member Posts: 45
    Answer ✓
    Hi. I play on iPads with no problems. I considered laptops too but decided there would not be any great benefits compared to iPads. We have 3 in the house so can use them all if needed ...and anyway, if I buy a laptop, what an I going to do with my iPads!?

Answers

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,381

Hi @eebye,

No good asking me, but I'll move this thread to "Poker Chat" to attract more eyeballs, & I'm sure a few helpful souls will come along & offer advice.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    It depends on whether you're multi-tabling or multi-siting. If you're playing 4 or less tables then you need not go overboard, in fact, quite the opposite. Even the crappiest of old laptops should run a few Sky tables without any issue whatsoever.

Poker software and it's tables need, in general, very few resources. There aren't even any specifications worth mentioning that you need because you just don't, when playing just a few tables.

Once you start getting into 6, 7, 8+ tables then you would need to think about having at least 8gb ram and an ok processor. Graphics card is irrelevant as the one that comes integrated into the laptop when you buy it will be more than sufficient for playing poker and browsing the web. Hard drive irrelevant.

Screen size and resolution are what I look for mostly when I buy a poker laptop but that's just a quality of life thing. Certainly not essential if you're not multitabling.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply it was very helpful 3 or 4 tables is plenty there’s an aser one around 500 so with what your saying I’m sure it would be plenty enough for what I need thanks for the advice
  • Options
    Thx for reply your right I pad is fine but if need to play more than 1 tourney at a time you can’t on I pad you are quite right about what will I do with I pad though 🤷🏻‍♂️😂