You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bounty Hunter Strategy

Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
So its been around a year since i've joined Sky Poker, started out a fish but now I feel confident and decent understanding of the game. I have nothing to hide please see my Sharkscope for my stats, I've played alot and put a dent in my losses in the last 6 month or so, but I feel my wheels are just spinning, I feel like I am just breaking even in recent months. Just looking for tips and what percentage of hand ranges would you suggest to play in a bh. I do struggle when it comes to others being aggressive chasing someones bounty and just looking for opinions and examples of play to improve my game. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Speak to you all soon.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082
    Hi @Danyo0

Surprised you have had no replies yet, so I'm going to move this across to Poker Chat & then I'm quite sure you'll get some useful replies.

Your question is a bit broad - "what range of hands should I play" - but I'm sure you'll get some helpful replies.

If nobody replies, well I'll do so, God help you.

One thing to remember is position, it's very very important. A hand we would always play on the Button is often a hand we should pass from UTG.

I have no idea of hand ranges these days in NLH, I'm an Omaha man, but depending on position, I think you should be opening all pairs, connectors & suited connectors, & all "two paint". (K-Q, K-J etc). Best to open with a raise rather than limping of course.

Anyway, hopefully a proper NLH player will be along later & give you some sound advice.
  • BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    There's lots of things to consider as tkay said, position and hand values when opening with a raise, everyone's are somewhat different, mines a little tighter than above even at 6 max except for the occasional bluff in position, bearing in mind these are not the hands to call with or 3 bet with unless u got a plan a few streets on, the one thing I like about sky is the wide range of players on there, play there regular and you'll get to know who is who and adapt your play accordingly, I've been playing 12 yes now and still learning and studing to improve my game, the mental game of poker has took me a long while to master but now embracing the variance side of things like a bulldog chewing a wasp, good luck sir and see u at the tables
  • Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    oh jeez I wish i read over my post before submitting lol. Anyways , thanks for the suggestions so far. Looking forward to the video suggested. Yeah I understand my question was pretty broad, was unsure what to ask. Yeah I am always looking to improve.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Danyo0 said:

Just looking for tips and what percentage of hand ranges would you suggest to play in a bh.

This is like asking "What club should I hit off the tee when playing golf?"

Sometimes you want a driver, sometimes you want a 9 iron. It really depends on the situation, your ability and your playing style.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Your question is quite wide ranging so hard to answer, the analogy that Pingu gave is quite good.

Different playing styles mean you can play different ranges of hands and its key to be comfortable playing the hands you play. As you get more experienced playing post flop you can play a wider range of hands more comfortably. Is probably best to post some hands of spots you are unsure on.

• Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Yeah post some hands - not bad beat stuff - just things where you're unsure what you should be doing :smile:

In the op you said you have nothing to hide wrt your 'scope so hope you don't mind me mentioning it. Looks like you're doing ok at micros and then getting smashed in the 11s - could maybe drop those whilst you build up some confidence/work on your game?
  • Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    Yeah I acknowlegde that my question is far too broad. I will obtain some examples of spots where I'm unsure if I did the correct thing or not, regardless of winning the pot. Eg if I got enough value, did I overbet, should I have checked and only call knowing that I could get bluffed off my hand etc etc. Thank you for taking the to response thus far I am greteful. I did feel that I was knowledgeable with poker terms however the term 11s has went right over my head and in terms of micro do you do you mean £5.50 games or even less than that? Yeah please highlight anything that flags in my stats etc. One thing I need to work on is tilt, and I just wonder if you guys ever had faced this and how did you overcome it.

Thanks Daniel.
  • memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    In Bounty Hunters, Greed is Good. That is all,
    Sorry I meant £11 Bounty Hunters - since recent update some of the keys on my keyboard have decided to swap around and am yet to locate the pound sign so have to copy and paste it from google if I can be bothered :D
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

Sorry I meant £11 Bounty Hunters - since recent update some of the keys on my keyboard have decided to swap around and am yet to locate the pound sign so have to copy and paste it from google if I can be bothered :D

Does typing " give you a @, and vice versa? If so, your keyboard has probs switched itself back to US English, which is usually the default setting.

It's a really easy fix, search "Language" in your start menu and you should have an option for "Language", "Region and language" or something along those lines. Click that, and there'll be an option in there somewhere to change your keyboard language. Exactly where it is within that will be slightly different for each iteration of Windows.

Once you know that's the problem then it's pretty easy to Google instructions to fix the problem in any case.
    Excellent! Thank you muchly!