You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Adios Sky

Let me start by saying I've been a huge fan of sky poker for a number of years and its been quite profitable for me from my small staked games.... and not only that but massive amount of fun and thoroughly enjoyed playing and learned several new games, but....

Several months ago some chap was moaning sky is fixed, so I joined in a chat to say I didn't believe it would or could be, all the usual etc. During the chat he said was it's not fixed to favor any player, only to speed up games i.e. the quicker a tournament is over, the quicker you sign up to a new comp and therefore more profit for the site.
He posted a link that some blog a so called ex poker site developer wrote to say that huge clashes are predetermined, not every hand of course but randomly and more importantly more often than you would expect at a 6 handed table 'in the real world'. I was skeptical as always, believing the more hands you play the more you will see of big hand over big hand but it got me paying more attention to these scenarios, and although I still don't really believe Sky or any other major site would stoop so low the more I watched crazy bad beat after crazy bad beat the more I started to believe maybe there was something in it.

Needless to say the more attention I paid to this the more either my game changed, or the more I realized it was happening time and time again, sometimes in my favor may I add, but from then on the enjoyment dwindled.

Having gone from playing Mon - Fri every morning for several hours a day for quite a number of years (I work from home on a laptop so play on the PC at the same time) I found I gradually reduced my time at the tables and eventually stopped, so much so haven't played for several months but this morning the urge to play returned so signed in to my usual 3.30 BH

Within 30 minutes I'd lost half my stack with a full house to quads... chance maybe but alarm bells going again

Within an hour I bust out when button min raised with AA and I called with 34 and a flop of 256 followed . Button jammed, I called followed by 2 on the turn and I knew the A was coming before it was turned over

Coincidence maybe, but the same old thoughts come back

I've enjoyed my time on here, its killed many a dull hour whilst I'm working but I can't help believe there's something in what this chap posted

Anyway the reason for posting is not to criticize Sky, but I'd love to see feedback from the great community on sky as in an ideal world have would love to be convinced that what this guy wrote was complete and utter garbage, so that my faith in the integrity of sky poker be restored so I can return to the tables

Thanks for reading and good luck all

Fingers

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    confirmation bias
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220

Sorry to see you go Fingers.

"During the chat he said was it's not fixed to favor any player, only to speed up games i.e. the quicker a tournament is over, the quicker you sign up to a new comp and therefore more profit for the site."

Why? Does everyone sign up to a new MTT as soon as they bust one? Most multi tabling MTT-ers sign up to x MTT's per night, & when they bust, they bust, they don't sign up to another.

You are talking only about MTT's, which are about 17% of all Online Poker revenue & traffic. How does the theory work in Cash Games, which account for two thirds of all volume?

Unfortunately, once you get stuff like that in your head, nobody is going to convince you otherwise.

Let's be honest, Sky Poker can't even organise Antes for MTT's, or Tournament Tokens, so it's a stretch to think they have what would be a really clever bit of software designed to deliberately bust players - and in doing so, risk their Licence from the GC.

"would love to be convinced that what this guy wrote was complete and utter garbage".

It is utter garbage, but I fear nobody will convince you once you start thinking that way.

There is not a shred of credible evidence that Sky Poker have ever done anything deliberately improper, & it's a bit of an insult to the Staff to be honest, as it assumes they are all corrupt. Is that fair on them?

You are a good guy - I know that - but you are very mistaken in this.

Anyway, all the best, & take care.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    You related to Vespa by any chance?