You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Playing Styles What are they and how do you work out what yours are Definitions Wanted Please

DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

could someone give me Definitions of following PLEASE 

TIGHT

ROCK

AGGRESSIVE

LOOSE

If there are any more   would appreciate it 

cheers

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Playing Styles What are they and how do you work out what yours are Definitions Wanted Please:
            could someone give me Definitions of following PLEASE         TIGHT        ROCK        AGGRESSIVE        LOOSE        If there are any more   would appreciate it        cheers
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    TIGHT : Player who plays few hands, most of the top players are TIGHT, they wait for opportunities for bluffing but do not go out looking for them.

LOOSE : Opposite to a Rock, plays anything from any position trying to hit the miracle flop or outplay an opponent all the time, more commonly known as a fish!

ROCK : Plays very few hands, only AA, KK QQ, AK etc... will only play in position,very hard to gets chips off, but often short stacked.

AGGRESSIVE : Bets out very strong on hands, hard to bluff as they are always commiting themselves to the pot.

Often some of these can be put together to make more specific playing styles... i.e Tight Aggressive, the most effective playing style, play tight then bet big when you hit.

Others styles are PASSIVE : Folds if they dont hit, so worst style you could be is Loose Passive, as you are always in the hand but never bluff if you miss.

Hope that helps
  • BULLBULL Member Posts: 55
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Playing Styles What are they and how do you work out what yours are Definitions Wanted Please:
    In Response to Playing Styles What are they and how do you work out what yours are Definitions Wanted Please : TIGHT : Player who plays few hands, most of the top players are TIGHT, they wait for opportunities for bluffing but do not go out looking for them.  LOOSE : Opposite to a Rock, plays anything from any position trying to hit the miracle flop or outplay an opponent all the time, more commonly known as a fish!  ROCK : Plays very few hands, only AA, KK QQ, AK etc... will only play in position,very hard to gets chips off, but often short stacked.  AGGRESSIVE : Bets out very strong on hands, hard to bluff as they are always commiting themselves to the pot.  Often some of these can be put together to make more specific playing styles... i.e Tight Aggressive, the most effective playing style, play tight then bet big when you hit.  Others styles are PASSIVE : Folds if they dont hit, so worst style you could be is Loose Passive, as you are always in the hand but never bluff if you miss.  Hope that helps
    Posted by FlashFlush
    well said but i think there is more ie. < />< and donk!!! lol <>< are players who cant resist callin and its crazzy i no that they catch  there cards, also shark 's eat <>< i would say im close to bein a shark ;;donk" is a player who has no idea of poker odds outs and of course % which is very important hope u find usefull ... bull" ;=)
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Playing Styles What are they and how do you work out what yours are Definitions Wanted Please:
    In Response to Playing Styles What are they and how do you work out what yours are Definitions Wanted Please : TIGHT : Player who plays few hands, most of the top players are TIGHT, they wait for opportunities for bluffing but do not go out looking for them.  LOOSE : Opposite to a Rock, plays anything from any position trying to hit the miracle flop or outplay an opponent all the time, more commonly known as a fish!  ROCK : Plays very few hands, only AA, KK QQ, AK etc... will only play in position,very hard to gets chips off, but often short stacked.  AGGRESSIVE : Bets out very strong on hands, hard to bluff as they are always commiting themselves to the pot.  Often some of these can be put together to make more specific playing styles... i.e Tight Aggressive, the most effective playing style, play tight then bet big when you hit.  Others styles are PASSIVE : Folds if they dont hit, so worst style you could be is Loose Passive, as you are always in the hand but never bluff if you miss.  Hope that helps
    Posted by FlashFlush

cheers mate that helps a lot