You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SKY POKER TOUR 2013

hamm7827hamm7827 Member Posts: 6
edited February 2013 in The Sky Poker Tour
I feel very Let down that the SPT is only available to priorty members ! its seems to me that SKy just want to allow people who spend big bucks online to play in the event, online play is significantly different to live poker games,  although im not a big winner (yet) i do very well in live events but have very little luck on line, 

A great shame and i feel it lets SKYPOker down as a whole,  May be this should be changed for future events and tours I am one of 3 players that would prefere to play in the SPT in march, but will now have to join the genting tour,  in newcastle..

would love to hear why SPT only allow  priority players in to the tour !!  maybe there worried about  talent who cant afford to play with thousands :(  

Comments

• Options
    jonjo75jonjo75 Member Posts: 999
    edited February 2013
    In Response to SKY POKER TOUR 2013:
    I feel very Let down that the SPT is only available to priorty members ! its seems to me that SKy just want to allow people who spend big bucks online to play in the event, online play is significantly different to live poker games,  although im not a big winner (yet) i do very well in live events but have very little luck on line,  A great shame and i feel it lets SKYPOker down as a whole,  May be this should be changed for future events and tours I am one of 3 players that would prefere to play in the SPT in march, but will now have to join the genting tour,  in newcastle.. would love to hear why SPT only allow  priority players in to the tour !!  maybe there worried about  talent who cant afford to play with thousands :(  
    Posted by hamm7827

Sorry but I think you have misunderstood. Priority players can buy in direct now but anyone can qaulify through the sats running at the moment and in most cases nearer the event they open it up so anyone can buy in direct and even on the day.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER TOUR 2013:
    In Response to SKY POKER TOUR 2013 : Sorry but I think you have misunderstood. Priority players can buy in direct now but anyone can qaulify through the sats running at the moment and in most cases nearer the event they open it up so anyone can buy in direct and even on the day.
    Posted by jonjo75

No, (no offence meant) Im aware that you can qalify online via satalites at the moment, but i have been advised this is the only way to enter unless you are a priorty member,

THis is what i feel is unfair that only priority members can buy in direct,   I am Usless with online play and run at a loss, In live play i have good results and reamain with a bank roll, i keep records for both thus i am more than aware of losses and wins, 

I would love to play in the live event but feel this cuts out some people who play better live tournaments and allows maybe mediocre players buy in just because they spend or turn around lots of cash on the tables or players that get lucky in satalite with 9-4 off suit. 

but with the need to book hotels and travell arragnments to get best deals on these things need to book a month in advance, would be nice to wait and see, but im not turning that cost into a gamble aswell, i have a few days left to book lol 

• Options
    jonjo75jonjo75 Member Posts: 999
    edited February 2013
    If they did open it up to everyone straight away and it filled up quickly then there would be complaints from people who can only afford to buy in by qaulifying online (most of the players who do this are SKY regs).Your way would allow many more people who hardly ever play on SKY to just buy in.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    If they did open it up to everyone straight away and it filled up quickly then there would be complaints from people who can only afford to buy in by qaulifying online (most of the players who do this are SKY regs).Your way would allow many more people who hardly ever play on SKY to just buy in.
    Posted by jonjo75

Agreeded but i play regular 4-7 times a week yet because im  not playing big bucks i cant play ........
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to SKY POKER TOUR 2013 : Sorry but I think you have misunderstood. Priority players can buy in direct now but anyone can qaulify through the sats running at the moment and in most cases nearer the event they open it up so anyone can buy in direct and even on the day.
    Posted by jonjo75
    also just to add, as i have a bee in my bonet about this,  i would be pretty certain that only the minority playes are priorty members and, i was told by sky poker there will not be a direct buy in for all, only satalites, but i will continue to watch to see what happens.... may be some one will see the light lol  
  • Options
    spudgun720spudgun720 Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2013

Usually the SPT's that I have qualified in have been you have been able to qualify on a nightly basis 

but this event has once a week qualifiers, given that there is four more Sundays for qualification & only 12 went through last night its only my opinion but I think at some point they will allow direct buy-ins

• Options
    SPTSPT Member Posts: 5,648
    edited February 2013
    Almost certainly direct buy-in will be allowed at some point

Obviously it is in Sky Poker's interest to get people into the event via satellites first, if possible

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Almost certainly direct buy-in will be allowed at some point Obviously it is in Sky Poker's interest to get people into the event via satellites first, if possible
    Posted by SPT
    would it be possable to advise when this may happen so i can buy in stright away to it ! or even send me an email when the registration is open to all ?
  • Options
    SPTSPT Member Posts: 5,648
    edited February 2013
    I don't know when it will happen but I will post on here as soon as it does

I am sure you are safe to book hotel/travel etc if you need to do so

Worst comes to the worst, which it won't, buy in on the day or via alternates list is pretty likely