You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats.

Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
edited November 2014 in Brags, Beats and Variance
Folks,

I thought it would be useful to post some guidelines on what should and shouldn't be posted in BBV. Here you go:

Brags - when you win a super nice hand, hit a royal, make a soul read, etc. Do it with some explanation of the spot/situation and the hand will be so much more readable.

Beats - this is not when your one pair gets called by a draw and he gets there. That's called poker. We are talking things like running set into set or getting most of your chips over the line a 93.6% favourite in an SPT semi vs Ace high with A-A and still losing (UL Giant).

Variance - if you see some ridiculous run of hands, like getting dealt AA back to back three times etc.

Seriously, this isn't just a section to vent and rant about one pair getting turned over. If you do feel the need to post that kind of hand (and I really, really don't think you should), at least keep them in one thread. 

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
    edited February 2013
    Nice one Dave
    Getting a bit tired of the constant posts from the same couple of players !
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited February 2013
    Can we get this stickiest please dave/mods. 

Hope this isn't aimed at me
  • loolololloloololollo Member Posts: 929
    edited February 2013
    defo not me :p
  • kingbeavkingbeav Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    yeah ok this is kind of a moan but like you said its poker ! i got knocked out of the main event and mini tonight both with kk against a worse hand . in the mini it wasent just once i managed to lose the frst kk then manged to build my stack back up to a reasonable 8k then get kk some one shoves i call and worse hand wins again :( not all bad though i did get into both for 2 pound 80 pence :)
  • JAYSAFC21JAYSAFC21 Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2013
    amazing how many times u get done on last card!! its the same everytime skypoker is getting a joke i play a lot live and it happens a fraction of the time sky poker does it all the time to make the hands look good!!
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats.:
    amazing how many times u get done on last card!! its the same everytime skypoker is getting a joke i play a lot live and it happens a fraction of the time sky poker does it all the time to make the hands look good!!
    Posted by JAYSAFC21

lol - sky dave's what to post in the forum thread gets hi-jacked by a what not to post in the forum post (if i've said that right)

• denty765denty765 Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    Posted by JAYSAFC21
    yip its a complete joke the oddsand percentages on here are back to front when im 60% fav i win 40% of the time its a complete joke and its imposible to trap no matter what they have they catch up its like playing a fruit machine lol
  • TWISTED290TWISTED290 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    IS THIS RIGGED COZ IV BEEN AND SEEN TO MUCH BAD BEATS
  • kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited April 2013
    I don't post on the forum anymore. It used to be mainly full of light hearted banter but then it went to woe is me, 'look at the river card', 'look how this idiot played', ' this site is rigged etc.

Please get a grip people.

No you won't see as many of these bad beats live - 1) people play differently & 2) the number of hands you play will probably be far fewer than on line.

The better players on here don't moan about bad beats and they don't play with a different pack of cards. Instead of moaning get a grip, look at your own game and improve it - then this site might get back to the way it used to be and not a moaners forum.

Personal rant over

Steve
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited April 2013
    I don't post on the forum anymore. It used to be mainly full of light hearted banter but then it went to woe is me, 'look at the river card', 'look how this idiot played', ' this site is rigged etc. Please get a grip people. No you won't see as many of these bad beats live - 1) people play differently & 2) the number of hands you play will probably be far fewer than on line. The better players on here don't moan about bad beats and they don't play with a different pack of cards. Instead of moaning get a grip, look at your own game and improve it - then this site might get back to the way it used to be and not a moaners forum. Personal rant over Steve
    Posted by kalooki8
    +1 . Sick of seeing the same or very similar bad beats posted and if ppl are so convinced its fixed why would you carry on playing
  • drazzidrazzi Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    I liked the top tip on sky about bad beats.

If you are sick of getting your money in good and having some muppet call light and suck out.....

Get your money in bad, you can only go up from there :-)

Drazzi

• calcalfoldcalcalfold Member Posts: 978
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps then the mods might stop moving such posts from the "poker chat section" or are you asking people to post less altogether?
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps then the mods might stop moving such posts from the "poker chat section" or are you asking people to post less altogether?
    Posted by calcalfold
    There was some fruitcake a while ago who pretty much posted every single hand he lost in here.
    I think it was generally aimed at him
    edited August 2013
    Ok fairplay Jac35
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited August 2013
    nice thread and true
    something that I saw in the chat box of one of my cash tables today said a very valid point.
    these so called rigged river cards are infact just one villians bad card but another villians good one.
    plus those that know poker will know that these chasers fish calling stations and maniacs are just the type of villians we all want.

if these villians started to fold their draws  gutshots weak pairs and over cards. poker would get so boring.
    edited September 2013
    Sky

Since setting up this thread has anything been done to stop the constant bad beat drivel we get on here?

Perhaps a two strikes and you are out policy.

2 posts about bad beats with no useful content (or insert any common whinge we get on here), 2 warnings then on the third time a weeks chat ban.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited September 2013
    Sky Since setting up this thread has anything been done to stop the constant bad beat drivel we get on here? Perhaps a two strikes and you are out policy. 2 posts about bad beats with no useful content (or insert any common whinge we get on here), 2 warnings then on the third time a weeks chat ban.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Ridiculous notion.
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Posting too many hands, especially when they are beats. : Ridiculous notion.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Well suggest an alternative then professor.

Your always so fast to criticise something, but never actually suggest your viable alternative.

Fat lot of use you would be in a life or death situation.

No dont do that!

What a silly idea

No, I dont agree with that one

What a stupid notion

etc etc
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited September 2013
    Don't need an alternative, hence why I didn't suggest one.
    edited September 2013
    ok so