You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Attn ALL Teams/Team Captains & Team Players (Team Names / Avatars)

POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
edited March 2013 in Team Talk
Hi Everyone.
You may all be aware of a recent request by Sky & Posted by Sky_Dave..............

With immediate effect, all Team Names Must be removed from The location field of your address.

See Original Post - HERE

To address this issue in some small way and to enable all team players to comply with these new guidlines, here is my suggestion......................

Each Team / Captain chooses an existing Sky Avatar from the ones available. They then request that all their team members change their avatar to the same one they have chosen.

Although not a complete solution to the removal of Team Names from our location, it will at least enable us to identify team players more quickly in a lot of cases.

Once a Team / Captain has decided which avatar they wish to display, please post it on here so other teams do not use that avatar (First Come First Served) If a team has already chosen that avatar then simply choose another one.

Who thinks this might work to a degree? (It would also be quite fun to see at the tables)     

Comments

• Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    edited March 2013
    Only flaw I can see with this is when non team members are using the same avatar as a team.  May create confusion thinking someone is in a team when they aren't
  • Options
    MRBURNS4MRBURNS4 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited March 2013
    I know in past Sky have added a star to players so is it worth asking if they could do something for the teams?
  • Options
    MeloPeteMeloPete Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2013
    I'll do whatever is decided by majority of the forum. I would like to point out (on this thread as other one was closed) that I personally don't understand any of the arguments that were put forward by Sky. I had my location as Chester  --TNP--.   Why is this wrong but you can put "The Moon" or "Mind your own business"?. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Attn ALL Teams/Team Captains & Team Players (Team Names / Avatars):
    Only flaw I can see with this is when non team members are using the same avatar as a team.  May create confusion thinking someone is in a team when they aren't
    Posted by cenachav
    Hi Cenacahv
    Yes - as I said in my original post it's not a complete solution to the problem, however, I think this would help temporarily whilst we discuss other options ie. team avatars which could be implemented at a later date.
  • Options
    mezzzzzamezzzzza Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Only thing I don't like a few times now I've had it where someone has so much typed in location it stops you from seeing there stack size! Now I no if I was paying attention this wouldn't be a problem lol but when you don't no what effective stack size you are playing or if you covered this makes playing a little hard all other issues they mentioned I don't see a problem :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Attn ALL Teams/Team Captains & Team Players (Team Names / Avatars):
    I know in past Sky have added a star to players so is it worth asking if they could do something for the teams?
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    This is something I will be looking into for future, however, I suspect it's not something we can implement immediatel, so in the short term, this is my next best proposal with a view to implement team acatars at a laters date once we can agree something with sky.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2013
    No way am I changing my avatar under any circumstances Trev- had it since day one and it kinda looks like me...

Nice compromise but not for me i'm fraid

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    edited March 2013
    hope we dont have a star or anything i actually prefer it as it is,when i had TPT as my location it used to get some peoples back up,it was quite rare but has happend,so imagine having a star as an avatar
    #notsosure
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No way am I changing my avatar under any circumstances Trev- had it since day one and it kinda looks like me... Nice compromise but not for me i'm fraid
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    You could always suggest that the rest of the team look like the "Hogmeisterr" avater (Yours) that way you won't have to change it :)

But seriously I know what you mean m8 - I'm just trying to find a temporarry solution, which we may be able to resolve in the near future with proper team avatars. 
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited March 2013
    If sky do an avatar fully based on greghogg's real life face i will use that as my avater - but only if its picking its nose. ;) 
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited March 2013
    No way am I changing my avatar under any circumstances Trev- had it since day one and it kinda looks like me... Nice compromise but not for me i'm fraid
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    slightly better looking...imo
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Attn ALL Teams/Team Captains & Team Players (Team Names / Avatars) : slightly better looking...imo
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Your avatar has more hair than u! :)
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited March 2013
    Ye soz Terv but our players will be staying as they are..

Too many superstitious fish in the team to have it any other way I'm afraid..

xx