You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MIDWEEK FOOTBALL 5/03/13

THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
edited March 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat

£50.00 ACCUMULATOR

MAN UTD V REAL MADRID - OVER 2.5 GOALS 4/7
LEICESTER 8/13
CARDIFF 4/6
WATFORD 4/6

DONT USUALLY BACK MIDWEEK BUT THESE LOOK PURE BANKERS TO ME!!

Comments

• Options
    murray69murray69 Member Posts: 436
    edited March 2013
    Birmingham/Blackpool Draw
    Brighton
    Nottm Forest
    Charlton
    Kidderminster

£5 returns £312.58

Blackpool
    Middlesbrough
    Hull
    Colchester
    Luton

£2.50 returns 229.11
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited March 2013
    Get in - boom shakalaka

Had £17.50 on Real Madrid to win at 11/8  and £17.50 on R Madrid to score over1.5 goals in 2nd half at 3/1

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
    Real Madrid - Over 1.5 @ 3/1
    £17.50 Single
    05/03/2013 20:33:5817.500.00

Real Madrid @ 11/8
    £17.50 Single
    05/03/2013 19:41:1017.500.00

Total for this period  35.000.00
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: MIDWEEK FOOTBALL 5/03/13:
    Get in - boom shakalaka Had £17.50 on Real Madrid to win at 11/8  and £17.50 on R Madrid to score over1.5 goals in 2nd half at 3/1 Bet Details Date/Time Stake Return Real Madrid - Over 1.5 @ 3/1 £17.50 Single 05/03/2013 20:33:58 17.50 0.00   Real Madrid @ 11/8 £17.50 Single 05/03/2013 19:41:10 17.50 0.00   Total for this period  35.00 0.00
    Posted by MP33
    you have a dirty scruffy turkish ref to thank for that.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2013

United lose a man w/ 30 mins left @ home, against a very good, but far from invincible Madrid team, capitulate, put up zero resistance and within 10 mins the tie is over.

Conclusion = unlucky & ref to blame.

Chelsea lose a man w/ 75 mins of the game left, away in the Nou Camp against the best side of the last decade, far superior to Madrid, manage to not only hold on, but score 2 goals themselves.

Conclusion = Got lucky & was a total fluke.

Uniteds demise last night shows how good Chelsea were last year, there's more than 1 way to skin a cat!

Poor show from United imo.

No British team beyond the last 16 :(
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited March 2013

........errrr, Arsenal are still in. ish.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited March 2013
    ........errrr, Arsenal are still in. ish.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    ish 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    United lose a man w/ 30 mins left @ home, against a very good, but far from invincible Madrid team, capitulate, put up zero resistance and within 10 mins the tie is over. Conclusion = unlucky & ref to blame. Chelsea lose a man w/ 75 mins of the game left, away in the Nou Camp against the best side of the last decade, far superior to Madrid, manage to not only hold on, but score 2 goals themselves. Conclusion = Got lucky & was a total fluke. Uniteds demise last night shows how good Chelsea were last year, there's more than 1 way to skin a cat! Poor show from United imo. No British team beyond the last 16 :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    My conclusion to your conclusions

Chelsea rode their luck to win the champions league last year but deserved it for effort alone

Man united baffled me last night they stopped playing completly from the sending off until there 2-1 down
    Fergie just let them drop back to the edge of there box and invite real on. imo he should have  taken wellbeck off (no refection on wellbeck who had a good game) and brought on a defensive midfield player on but he couldnt as johnny evans was the only non attacking player on the benchthey couldnt do that

lastly there is no british team in the last 16 because the premier league is the best to watch for entertainment but the standard of the teams and players is bobbins

Apart from robin van persie,suarez and bale could anybody name me one player who would start for  Real Madrid,barcelona or bayern munich would  
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited March 2013

Heskey.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: MIDWEEK FOOTBALL 5/03/13 : My conclusion to your conclusions Chelsea rode their luck to win the champions league last year but deserved it for effort alone Man united baffled me last night they stopped playing completly from the sending off until there 2-1 down Fergie just let them drop back to the edge of there box and invite real on. imo he should have  taken wellbeck off (no refection on wellbeck who had a good game) and brought on a defensive midfield player on but he couldnt as johnny evans was the only non attacking player on the benchthey couldnt do that lastly there is no british team in the last 16 because the premier league is the best to watch for entertainment but the standard of the teams and players is bobbins Apart from robin van persie,suarez and bale could anybody name me one player who would start for  Real Madrid,barcelona or bayern munich would  
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Just to clarify, those aren't my conclusions, but the general concesus amongst the media/people I talk to. 

(you can prob tell by the tone of my post that I disagree with both of those conclusions)

I agree with everything you said. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    but everyone is totally missing the point on last nights game, manchester united were the better side for the majority of the game, and then yet again another massive game is turned on its head due to a sending off which never was. anyone who thinks man utd were poor last night needs to watch the game again!!!

massive performance from the old trafford crowd last night aswell, deafining atmosphere, wish it was rocking lyk that every week.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: MIDWEEK FOOTBALL 5/03/13 : you have a dirty scruffy turkish ref to thank for that.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Think he had the same bet

It did help although Real Madrid were poor until Modric came on . Maybe it wouldn,t have been 2-1 but i still think Madrid would have got back into it maybe sending it to extra time

As Mourinho said they were poor and he was waiting for them to get going. When Modric came on they certainly got going
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: MIDWEEK FOOTBALL 5/03/13 : Think he had the same bet It did help although Real Madrid were poor until Modric came on . Maybe it wouldn,t have been 2-1 but i still think Madrid would have got back into it maybe sending it to extra time As Mourinho said they were poor and he was waiting for them to get going. When Modric came on they certainly got going
    Posted by MP33
    im not having a dig at you like, fair play for you getting a bet up, but man utd would have won that game last night no question, modric changed the game granted but a playmaker like him will allways find pockets of space when its 10 v 11. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: MIDWEEK FOOTBALL 5/03/13 : My conclusion to your conclusions Chelsea rode their luck to win the champions league last year but deserved it for effort alone Man united baffled me last night they stopped playing completly from the sending off until there 2-1 down Fergie just let them drop back to the edge of there box and invite real on. imo he should have  taken wellbeck off (no refection on wellbeck who had a good game) and brought on a defensive midfield player on but he couldnt as johnny evans was the only non attacking player on the benchthey couldnt do that lastly there is no british team in the last 16 because the premier league is the best to watch for entertainment but the standard of the teams and players is bobbins Apart from robin van persie,suarez and bale could anybody name me one player who would start for  Real Madrid,barcelona or bayern munich would  
    Posted by BADBOY985
    chelsea won it last year ( even though they rode there luck). man utd in the final in 2011 and 2009, and winners in 2008 so i think its a bit harsh on the premier league!!
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2013
    JUVENTUS 2 - CELTIC 5

500/1

KEEP THE FAITH  ; )
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited March 2013
    Sorry mate

Have to agree with a united 'great' (Keane), he should have been sent off, if he didnt know the player was there why didnt he let it come down and run on to it and sprint down the wing. the reason his foot was so dangerously high was he was trying to nick it off Abeloa. He got caught out .

As it is, it doesnt really matter if he knew Arbeloa was there or not , If a ball was played through the middle to Van Persie to sprint clear , on the blindside of the last defender and he turned to clear it and tripped van persie who he hadn't seen he too would be sent off.

I am sorry but I didn't see him or I didn't mean too is not an excuse. 

By the way United have been my second team outside my home town of Ipswich since the days of Denis Law.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: MIDWEEK FOOTBALL 5/03/13 : chelsea won it last year ( even though they rode there luck). man utd in the final in 2011 and 2009, and winners in 2008 so i think its a bit harsh on the premier league!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Im not saying the premier league has always been rubbish im saying the general standard at the moment is poor

UNITED by there standard have been poor how many games have the conceded first in, but there still 12 points clear
    CITY second but nowhere near the team the were last season
    SPURS third but 100% dependent on Bale
    CHELSEA fourth in disarry all season, most fans i know will say its the worst team since abramovic took over
    ARSENAL fifth see CHELSEA
    LIVERPOOL consistantly inconsistant

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Sorry mate Have to agree with a united 'great' (Keane), he should have been sent off, if he didnt know the player was there why didnt he let it come down and run on to it and sprint down the wing. the reason his foot was so dangerously high was he was trying to nick it off Abeloa. He got caught out . As it is, it doesnt really matter if he knew Arbeloa was there or not , If a ball was played through the middle to Van Persie to sprint clear , on the blindside of the last defender and he turned to clear it and tripped van persie who he hadn't seen he too would be sent off.   I am sorry but I didn't see him or I didn't mean too is not an excuse.  By the way United have been my second team outside my home town of Ipswich since the days of Denis Law.
    Posted by vaigret
    your in a minority mate, all the top pundits barring roy keane say it was not a sending off.
    keanes only spouting this rubbish because he has beef with fergie.
  • Options
    mondo1985mondo1985 Member Posts: 571
    edited March 2013
    All united fans are forgetting the hand ball on the line by Raphael  5 mins after the red card?? Ref got both decisions wrong IMO! Nani was never a red and Raphael easy red! Still no excuse for united to fold like they did
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited March 2013
    Ok but I'm basing it on fact not what i wanted to happen.

Should Real's goal been disallowed ?- probably not.
    Should United have scored at least twice in the first half ? probably
    Should they have defended on their 18 yard box after the sending off?-probably not

By the laws of the game should Nani have been sent off  ? -Yes, as stated /agreed by all the pundits + Adrian Chiles on ITV

A real shame but that how life is sometimes I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok but I'm basing it on fact not what i wanted to happen. Should Real's goal been disallowed ?- probably not. Should United have scored at least twice in the first half ? probably Should they have defended on their 18 yard box after the sending off?-probably not By the laws of the game should Nani have been sent off  ? -Yes, as stated /agreed by all the pundits + Adrian Chiles on ITV A real shame but that how life is sometimes I'm afraid.
    Posted by vaigret
    not all pundits mate, lee dixon said it was a yellow card, southgate was just terrifed to disagree with keane, on sky sports redknapp, mcnally, charlie nicholas, paul walsh all said it was a joke decision.