You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Big thank you to Team Pipe

joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
edited April 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
Nothing more to add. Start the festival on a big downer thanks to their ludicrous decision to forgo the chance of a grade 1 win, to try win a tin pot grade 2 race.

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Big thank you to Team Pipe:
    Nothing more to add. Start the festival on a big downer thanks to their ludicrous decision to forgo the chance of a grade 1 win, to try win a tin pot grade 2 race.
    Posted by joesman1

unlucky mate
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Big thank you to Team Pipe:
    In Response to Big thank you to Team Pipe : unlucky mate
    Posted by vaigret
    Cheers Father V. I just know I'm gonna go on tilt now and seek another Cheltenham acca to try get somewhere near what I had to collect. Either that, or pray Overturn bullies Simonsig into submission. 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    After romping home over the extended trip today, I must re congratulate the Pipe team on their ludicrous decision at Cheltenham. Father V wtf can u do???
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2013
    He lost the RSA with what he viewed as a similar type in Grand Crus and to the connections a cheltenam festival winner I'm whatever race is huge, Pipe not winning one this year and his disappointment as such is testament of this. Plus he was toying with both routes in lead up to festival so antepost punting came with a health warning and the only reason he was available at back able odds for it, he'd have been half the 3/1 or 5/2 for RSA antepost if his only engagement 

Just convince urself he wouldn't have won RSA either and you'll be fine 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I know your right Mr Bell. I'm just frustrated as I backed him at Xmas, and he was the only loser in an ante post acca. 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited April 2013
    I could try and put a curse on the Pipe team but I wonder if they have one on the last few weeks anyway .

Nothing more I can add really
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2013
    That's rotten luck Neil I ain't on saying its pocket talk or nuffin and if I was In THe same boat I very rarely talk through my pocket I take my many losers, my non runners on the chin but if it was a large Acca on that occasion I would pocket talk and be rightly pi55ed I won big the Hennessy weekend and had the unbeatableantepost treble that night of SS, BW and BB and then a month later BB ruled out so hey ho but ur situation is rotten and unfair but even though we as punters pour mOney through the bookies tills and thru the gates the harsh truth is connections have absolutely no obligation to us.

He's been best 3m novice chase this year and who well on what I thot would be unsuitable ground today but he couldn't win that very grade 2 u speak of and given stable form that week and hindsights a great thing he mightn't hav won anyways!! 

Sure swings and roundabouts one suspects ull be posting a more heartfelt thank you to messers Mullins and ruby tomorrow!!! Has to have a great shout which u spotted mOnths agO at the fanciest of prices and honestly I'll be cheerin home me own choice firstly tomorrow (top secret!) , them my nephews ACROSS THE BAY to see the Grin on his face again (won it last year when his broke uncle put line thru Neptune colognes off the bat!) and if no joy with those then absolutely resoundingly will be cheering home on his own for the sheer dedication and funds that uve put INtoit and the vast prize that would be won and IMO richly deserved 

Stay lucky 
  • Options
    ms-treems-tree Member Posts: 889
    edited April 2013
    h joesman, i feel for you and understand your grief,  why o why run what they think is king gorge/gold cup horse next year  over 2 1/2m at cheltenham???

hope all will be better come 4:30p.m tomorrow, us all of us in punter's corner will be willing it on. (then all this will be forgotten).

gl tomorrow and stay lucky
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    h joesman, i feel for you and understand your grief,  why o why run what they think is king gorge/gold cup horse next year  over 2 1/2m at cheltenham??? hope all will be better come 4:30p.m tomorrow, us all of us in punter's corner will be willing it on. (then all this will be forgotten). gl tomorrow and stay lucky
    Posted by ms-tree
    Thank u very much Ms-tree

Neil 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That's rotten luck Neil I ain't on saying its pocket talk or nuffin and if I was In  THe same boat I very rarely talk through my pocket I take my many losers, my non runners on the chin but if it was a large Acca on that occasion I would pocket talk and be rightly pi55ed I won big the Hennessy weekend and had the unbeatableantepost treble that night of SS, BW and BB and then a month later BB ruled out so hey ho but ur situation is rotten and unfair but even though we as punters pour mOney through the bookies tills and thru the gates the harsh truth is connections have absolutely no obligation to us. He's been best 3m novice chase this year and who well on what I thot would be unsuitable ground today but he couldn't win that very grade 2 u speak of and given stable form that week and hindsights a great thing he mightn't hav won anyways!!  Sure swings and roundabouts one suspects ull be posting a more heartfelt thank you to messers Mullins and ruby tomorrow!!! Has to have a great shout which u spotted mOnths agO at the fanciest of prices and honestly I'll be cheerin home me own choice firstly tomorrow (top secret!) , them my nephews ACROSS THE BAY to see the Grin on his face again (won it last year when his broke uncle put line thru Neptune colognes off the bat!) and if no joy with those then absolutely resoundingly will be cheering home on his own for the sheer dedication and funds that uve put INtoit and the vast prize that would be won and IMO richly deserved  Stay lucky 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Yeah like yourself Bell, I understand and accept the vagaries of Ante Post punting. My beef is why the **** at the last minute they  changed their mind and went down the Jewson route. He cantered home at Xmas on going much much more testing than at Cheltenham over the 3 mile trip. He was never travelling better today than after the last fence. Just made no sense. End of rant and thread lol.