You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cheltenham Festival - Tuesday

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited March 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hey guys, I want to get some tips from you guys. A lot of your clearly bet on the neddys most days so you know what the horses are like. If we do a thread for each day it would be a lot clearer for people who pop onto this section of the forum through the festival.

I'm not going to the festival this year, but I have been the last 2 - 3 years so I recognise some of the names. Please let me know if you think they have a chance or whether they are old timers now and have no form. So below would be my initial picks pending your approval ;-)  (Most are e/w shouts rather than straight up wins)

1:30 - Cheltenian e/w
2.05 - Simonsig
2:40 - The Package e/w   / Hey big Spender e/w
3:20 - Binocular e/w
4:00 - Uncle Junior
4:40 - Quevega (Surely the only horse in the race here)
5:10 - Arthurs Pass e/w

Comments

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Cheltenham Festival - Tuesday:
    Hey guys, I want to get some tips from you guys. A lot of your clearly bet on the neddys most days so you know what the horses are like. If we do a thread for each day it would be a lot clearer for people who pop onto this section of the forum through the festival. I'm not going to the festival this year, but I have been the last 2 - 3 years so I recognise some of the names. Please let me know if you think they have a chance or whether they are old timers now and have no form. So below would be my initial picks pending your approval ;-)  (Most are e/w shouts rather than straight up wins) 1:30 - Cheltenian e/w 2.05 - Simonsig 2:40 - The Package e/w   / Hey big Spender e/w 3:20 - Binocular e/w 4:00 - Uncle Junior 4:40 - Quevega (Surely the only horse in the race here) 5:10 - Arthurs Pass e/w
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Howdy Charles, it's all about opinions. I'd hate to suggest u don't back any of your picks, as fate would decide it/they would win. The only one I would query is Binocular. It might scrape into the top 3, but only might. Even then you would only double your money at best, as I cannot see it beating ALL of the top 4 big guns. I think Zarkander is the very safe ew bet in this race. Ok you only get your money back if it comes 2nd/3rd ( I can't see it been out of the 1st 3 at all), and there is every chance it will win. 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2013
    Hi charles,

I wouldnt back any of yours except Arthurs Pass which I strongly fancy. Simonsig should win but I dont like backing odds on. Agree with joesman re Binocular.

Having said that my only tip would be to go for the horses you want to. Too many times I have changed my mind or got info and wished I stuck to my own choices.

Good luck

Father V
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2013

cant wait now, got tingles, are we all watching the cheltenham preview tonight on channel 415 attheraces.the scouse pro gambler, cant remember his name will be sure to put me off any horse i was  going to back but for the last 2 year hes been all talk no winners!!! good luck everyone and enjoy the ride. woooooooooooooooo

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited March 2013

1:30 - Cheltenian e/w - Not a very good starter, but makes a nice main
    2.05 - Simonsig - will be a nice steaking horse and should come up if nice and crisp
    2:40 - The Package e/w   / Hey big Spender e/w - Both should burn up well and look nice in a bun 
    3:20 - Binocular e/w - best served with chips
    4:00 - Uncle Junior - best served in a radish sauce
    4:40 - Quevega (Surely the only horse in the race here) - are you getting dog tired of these now?
    5:10 - Arthurs Pass e/w - banker! :)

Joking apart, GL on any you go with and a good idea for a different thread for each day.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival - Tuesday:
    Hi charles, I wouldnt back any of yours except Arthurs Pass which I strongly fancy. Simonsig should win but I dont like backing odds on. Agree with joesman re Binocular. Having said that my only tip would be to go for the horses you want to. Too many times I have changed my mind or got info and wished I stuck to my own choices. Good luck Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Oh bottox!! lol

This 2nd bit is why I decided to go with the horses I knew from before. I don't follow the horses much at all, but when ever I have a little wager, I normally go with what I think is good form which has never faired well in the past. I quite often see a horse and think "I've seen that before" but the form is rubbish and is a bit of an outsider so I leave it alone, only for it to come through and either win or place. So this time the thinking is 'go with what you know' (ish) and forget the form.

I'll have another look at the 3.20 and make a different pick, no doubt I'll get no winners and then change tic tacs for Wednesday.lol

Good luck all... Let us all know your picks as well.
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2013
    OK HERE'S 2 FOR THE CRAIC.LOOK DECENT E/W BETS TO ME.
    SIZING AUSTRALIA IN THE GLENFARCLAS CROSS COUNTRY,
    AND AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE KNOCKARA BEAU IN THE JLT SPECIALITY CHASE(YEAH I KNOW BUT I CAN'T LEAVE THE OLD B**GER OUT).
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2013
    Hi all,

Hopefully this thread will be the only thread for Tuesday's horses so we can all see what people fancy.
    In that regard I am posting my four candles ratings for tomorrow on here.

iiii - Arthurs Pass -12-1 - 5.15 - This horse is improving all the time and I think it has got in on a very handy mark. very near bottom weight. Won its last three races easily, once on heavy and once over this distance and has beaten both Sawpit Supreme and more importantly Rouge et Blanc who have gone on to frank the form. Worry is he has never won going left handed. Bad mistake stopped him in tracks but wouldnt have won

iii -Champagne Fever - 7-1 - 1.30 - Ok this horse has been beaten by other horses in the field but reckon mr mullins will have it spot on for today, he had lung infection over the new year. Came back to win well last time out. As my regular readers will know I strongly fancied Melodic Rendezvous for this but now NR. CF one of only two horses to beat MR and therefore I have to go with it. OK My Tent or Yours looks good but I reckon Chatterbox a better horse from that yard and price restrictive. WHAT A START AND SO BRAVE , CANT BE BAD START OF THE WEEK WITH A WINNER .

ii - Zarkander - 7-2  -3.20 - always been my horse for the Champion this year and he has done little wrong in his three runs. Only ever does enough and hopefully the ground and hill will stunt the speed of the others. Not as good as I thought, he would need boottomless ground to win a Champion. Well done the Fly

i- Merry King - 7-1 -2.40 - Ok has seconditis but Rolling Aces was my horse for this and this horse came second to it before just finding Cannigton Brook too good at Warwick at 3m on heavy. Will get trip and like the ground whereas a lot of the others wont like as much ie Our Mick and Fruity O rooney. He was going superbly and then something happened , seemed to scare himself. well done to Golden Chieftain and Ballynagour must be a dead cert now  

Also fancy
    2.05 SImonsig very much but dont like price. two out of two and very impressive, pulled whole way didnt jump fluently yet still won well. This horse will be a superstar.
    4.00 -Double Dizzy now on recent form this horse hasnt a prayer but I still cant forget it riding roughshot over this type of field on this course before being taken off course by other horses. Got to have an interest and its last 3 races have been over normal obstacles and I think he likes this kind of test better. Non runner
    4.40 Une Artiste 11-2 -This looks like money to nothing. Ok Quevega is again the hottest pot of the meeting but this is an each way steal. Readily accounted for Alasi last time who franked form by beating Champion Court and if Quevega off song could win. Disappointed
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited March 2013
    here we go all each way 130 cheltenian 240 white star line 320 country wide flame 4o clock big shu 515 ohio gold gl all
  • Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited March 2013
    cant wait now, got tingles, are we all watching the cheltenham preview tonight on channel 415 attheraces.the scouse pro gambler, cant remember his name will be sure to put me off any horse i was  going to back but for the last 2 year hes been all talk no winners!!! good luck everyone and enjoy the ride. woooooooooooooooo
    Posted by THEROCK573

The scouse guy with the biggest ego in the world is called Matt Williams, hes long over due a winner on this preview show, all his selections got stuffed the past 2 years haha
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival - Tuesday : The scouse guy with the biggest ego in the world is called Matt Williams, hes long over due a winner on this preview show, all his selections got stuffed the past 2 years haha
    Posted by moonooo
    thats the one mate, he should be a salesman.
  • Options
    chris1963chris1963 Member Posts: 453
    edited March 2013
    Here's who I will be wasting my hard earned cash on!

Day 1

My Tent or Yours
    Simonsig
    Our Mick
    Hurricane Fly
    Sizing Australia
    Shop DJ
    Carlito Brigante

GL ALL.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    OK final decision... I've valued the bets so that as long as Quevega and Simonsig win I am in profit... Easy then yeah? lol

1.30 - Cheltenian 22/1 e/w
    2.05 - Simonsig 8/13 win only
    2.40 - The Package 12/1 e/w
    3.20 - Grandouet - 15/2 e/w
    4.00 - Uncle Junior 15/2 e/w
    4.40 - Quevega 4/7 win only
    5.15 - Arthurs Pass - 16/1 e/w
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival - Tuesday : thats the one mate, he should be a salesman.
    Posted by THEROCK573

Im so happy he doesnt fancy Hurricane Fly this year, now has a better chance of cruising home..This Matt Williams would try selling water to a well lol
  • Options
    ianm7310ianm7310 Member Posts: 251
    edited March 2013

Here`s my treble for Tuesday: But knowing my luck they`ll all fall.

Overturn 
        Merry King
        Zarkandar
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Day 1 selections

Jezki or Champagne fever
    Simonsig hard on the snaff by 10+ lengths
    Monkerty Tunkerty or Quantitiveasing
    Hurricane Fly this horse winning or losing decides if i have a good or poor cheltenham
    Bostons Angel
    Quevega breezes up for the 5 timer
    Hazy Tom or Bobowen

Good luck all should be a great cheltenham
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2013
    My Day 1 picks : in an ew Lucky 15

2.40 White Star Line @14/1
             3.20 Countrywide Flame @16/1
             4.00 A New Story @20/1
             5.15 Shangani @8/1   

Will also be doing a placepot with those lot and Simonsig, Quevega, Hurricane fly, Jezki, My tent or yours,Loch Ba, The Druids Nephew and Arabella Boy, which works out to be about 64 lines at 20p stake.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited March 2013
    Treble 

simonsig
    my tent our yours
    quevega

pays 7/1

and going for a big price  e.w lucky 15

1.30 Puffin Billy 14/1
    2.05 Tap Night 33/1
    2.40 tours des champ 25/1
    4.00 freeneys well 33/1

pays £107,000

• Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited March 2013
    jezki,zarkander and une artiste £12.50 ew treble 
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited March 2013
    13.30 - Puffin Billy 12/1 e/w (you can get bigger but going with hills who are paying first 5)
    14.05 - Overturn 7/2
    14.40 - Loch Ba 12/1 e/w
    15.20 - Grandouet 9/1 e/w
    16.00 - Big Shu 12/1 e/w
    16.40 - Une Artiste 6/1 e/w
    17.15 - Vulcanite 20/1 e/w
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2013
    Here's my two-pennith

1.30 My Tent Or Yours (also Jezki, with just enough on to cover much larger bet on MTOY)
    2.05 If MTOY wins, put all of profit on Simonsig, else leave race alone
    2.40 Knockara Beau ew 16/1 taken
    3.20 Zarkander took 5/1 ew last week
    4.00 Any Currency ew 14/1 taken
    4.40 If MTOY and Simsonsig BOTH win, 50% of profit on Quevega, else leave race alone
    5.15 Carlito Brigante win only 8/1 taken

gl everyone