You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

CHELTENHAM THURSDAY

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,318
edited March 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
For info on tomorrow.

I feel better for tomorrow and will post my selections later 

By the way wish I had taken 15-8 about total length of winners being over 120 lengths must be odds on now

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, come on get your tips out for the lads. I'm going to see what you have all gone for before I confirm my selection. I've only checked the 1st 4 races so far, will probs do the rest tomorrow... Beer needs to be drank!

On 2nd thoughts though, I might just ask the lady I work with, she picked some today for the fun, only because of the name and pulled out Lord Windermere @9/1 and Briar Hill at 16/1 ... MBN!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM THURSDAY:
    Yeah, come on get your tips out for the lads. I'm going to see what you have all gone for before I confirm my selection. I've only checked the 1st 4 races so far, will probs do the rest tomorrow... Beer needs to be drank! On 2nd thoughts though, I might just ask the lady I work with, she picked some today for the fun, only because of the name and pulled out Lord Windermere @9/1 and Briar Hill at 16/1 ... MBN!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    LOL just like my wife
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Four candles Ratings for today, at least these are some horses I picked ante post?nrnb which are actually running and I fancy whereas yesterday just trying to find something.

iiii- Texas Jack 1.30 -10-1 - With the Irish having a good festival and this horse has already been backed from 20-1 into 10's on the back of Boston Bob and Lord Windermere's run today I am confident the form of its last run is very good.Also finished good third to Back In Focus. Never really put into race but wouldnt have won anyway. Beneffcient very underrated horse and won well.

iii - Champion Court 2.40 - 8-1  -Backed this most of season and not had its ground but still run some tremendous races. Haven't lost the faith and hope I haven't by tomorrow night. 4th behind Long Run, Grand Crus, Captain Chris and beat Riverside Theartre on ground it wouldnt have liked nor when second to Williams Wishes who if fit would have won which ever race it went for this festival. Didnt last the trip, just short of really good class

ii - According to Trev -2.05- 20-1  - This is a great value price for a horse who has course form over this trip and who hasnt had his ground for his last three runs. Even then he ran well behind Coneygree, a real mudlark. Not good enough.

i - Hunt Ball - 4.00- 6-1 -Another long term heart horse who has ran his heart out over trips to far in the hope of making his owners dreams/talk of a Gold Cup win come to fruition. Luckily Nony Knott has now seen sense and running back over his trip/ground today. Lets hope like Champion Court he gets his just deserts . Finished a brave fourth but in grip of handicapper

Also fancy

Reve De Sivola 3.20- 9-2 -LOST
    Richards Sundance 4.40 -25-1-flattered 
    Frisco Depot 4.40 16-1 fell
    Romanescu 4.40 -12-1 -place money yippee
    A New Story 5.15 -16-1

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited March 2013
    5.15 Cheltenham         Arabella Boy 9/2  £9 win
                                            Boston Angel 15/2 £5.50 win
                                            Any Currency 12/1 £3.50 win
                                            A New Story  16/1  £2.50 win

(£20.50 staked,if a winner, minimum return would be £42.50)

The reason I do more than 1 selection in competitive handicaps is because they are all given a weight by the handicapper to dead heath on the line,but it never works out that way,clever trainers run their horses to pick up a minimum weight, so you have to be canny as well as a punter!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    1.30 Cheltenham   Dynaste 6/4 £10 win
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    2.05 Cheltenham    Sam Winner 7/2 £12 win
                                       Close House 8/1  £5.50 win
                                       Top Of The Range 14/1  £3 win

£20.50 staked if winner, minimum return £45

This is a very difficult race,dreadful prices considering the number of runners,could easily pick 7/8 horses with a chance,not very confident,but as I am in front over the last 2 days,will have abet!
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2013
    There's a jockey tomorrow who I fancy to have a right proper day, Davy Russell. Gonna do an e/w lucky 15 on 3 of his mounts, Stonemaster 2.05. First Lieutenant 2.40. Bog Warrior 3.20 and I'm sticking my nap in Frisco Depot 4.40. I also think his 1st mount has a serious ew chance Argocat 1.30. But can't back against Dynaste. If I'm right il be close to topping the fantasy jobby. If I'm wrong. . .'timber'. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    2.40 Cheltenham  Alberta's Run 12/1 £3 win
                                     First Lieutenant 5/2  £15 win
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    5.15 Cheltenham         Arabella Boy 9/2  £9 win                                         Boston Angel 15/2 £5.50 win                                         Any Currency 12/1 £3.50 win                                         A New Story  16/1  £2.50 win (£20.50 staked,if a winner, minimum return would be £42.50) The reason I do more than 1 selection in competitive handicaps is because they are all given a weight by the handicapper to dead heath on the line,but it never works out that way,clever trainers run their horses to pick up a minimum weight, so you have to be canny as well as a punter!
    Posted by wynne1938
    I agree multiple single bets in races are a better way of making money than lots of multiples which hardly ever come up. 

Hope your week keeps going strong mate and well done on your picks so far. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    3.20 Cheltenham   Peddlers Cross 8/1 £4.50 win
                                     Solwhit 9/1  £4 win
                                     Reve De Sivola 9/2 £8 win
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    There's a jockey tomorrow who I fancy to have a right proper day, Davy Russell. Gonna do an e/w lucky 15 on 3 of his mounts, Stonemaster 2.05. First Lieutenant 2.40. Bog Warrior 3.20 and I'm sticking my nap in Frisco Depot 4.40. I also think his 1st mount has a serious ew chance Argocat 1.30. But can't back against Dynaste. If I'm right il be close to topping the fantasy jobby. If I'm wrong. . .'timber'. 
    Posted by joesman1

Neil

You have to fancy Ballnagour as well then mate. Just watched Warwick race . Frisco Depot jumped really well at distance too short.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    4.00 Cheltenham    Mister Hyde 50/1 £1 e/w
                                      Cantlow 7/1 £8.50 win
                                        Ballynagour 7/2 £14.50 win
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: CHELTENHAM THURSDAY : Neil You have to fancy Ballnagour as well then mate. Just watched Warwick race . Frisco Depot jumped really well at distance too short.
    Posted by vaigret
    Hi Terry

Yeah I do. But more often than not these hcp 'good things' always find one to beat them. And I'm worried about Mullins/Walsh mount. It says finished last tailed off in its last form line, but infact fell at the last when leading and remounted. Been kept fresh since then. That said wouldn't be least bit surprised to be saying 'what a *ick I am' when Pipe's hoses in. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I tend to agree with you mate as I wonder if Pipe's horses are on song or not and I noticed the Mullins horse form
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    4.40 Cheltenham   Super Duty 5/1 £10 win
                                      Prince Of Pirates 10/1 £5 win
                                      Frisco Depot 16/1  £3.50 win
                                      Swing Bill 25/1 £2 win
                                      Relax 25/1 £2 win

£22.50 staked ,if winner ,£52 minimum win.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2013
    Posted by joesman1
    dont no much about stonemaster but think bog warrior and first lietenat have great chances
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2013
    1.40 - dynaste @ 6/4 - £40.00 win

2.05 - ely brown @ 20/1 - £10.00 e/w

2.40 - first lietenant @ 5/2 - £20.00 win

3.20 - oscar whisky @ 7/2 - £30.00 win

4.00 - kappa de cerisy @ 14/1 - £10.00 e/w

4.40 - relax @ 20/1 - £10 e/w

5.15 - a new story 16/1 - £10.00 win
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2013
    CAPTAIN CONAN 1.30 JEWSON NOVICES.
    BOG WARRIOR -WORLD HURDLE-SAW THIS WIN VERY COMFORTABLY RECENTLY ON SKY CHANNELS.

JOESMAN,LIKE YOUR THINKING ON DAVY RUSSELL-SAW THE INTERVIEW YEATSRDAY,WHERE HE WAS WITH FERDY MURPHY FOR 2 YEARS,AND RIDING IN IRELAND.HE WAS OFFERED A NEW DEAL,BUT NO IRISH RIDING.
    HE RETURNED TO IRELAND -PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST DECISIONS HE'S EVER MADE.
    YOU MIGHT GUESS THAT I'M DEFINITELY NOT A FAN OF FERDY MURPHY.
  • Options
    Curt360x27Curt360x27 Member Posts: 490
    edited March 2013
    I think Cue Card has a cracking chance in the Ryanair. 
    Put in a decent performance when beaten by Sprinter Sacre in lasts years arkle and had everything in behind well beaten. Has appreciated the step up in trip since then, most recently winning the betfair ascot chase well last time out. Goes well around Cheltenham, trip suits, ticks all the boxes for me and I think 4/1 is overpriced as this horse should be ahead of anything in the market. Although First Lieutenant's form is solid, the horse being incapable of getting his head in front on so many occasions is a big negative.
    Riverside Theatre could be the danger if he puts those recent runs behind him and returns to the form he is capable of.

Gl 

• Options
    MYSHARKYMYSHARKY Member Posts: 895
    edited March 2013
    well so far small profits on both days today will either make or break my 4 days betting as i fancy dynaste sam winner first lieutenant and arabella boy all of which favs so as in profit will go with trebles and 4 folds as well as singles and hope that at least one win to keep me in profit for the week so far