You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

cheltnham good and bad

samboram45samboram45 Member Posts: 232
edited March 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
soo after a great day it ended in despair ... my bets were  ...

far west - £5
tennis cap £5 e/w (so close)
at fishers cross - got 3/1 - £7:50
bobsworth - £20 yesss gt 3/1
OSCAR DELTA  £2:50 e/w cannot believe wt i saw , unreal , soo gutted , but still a goood day  barry g <3

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2013
    Good - the craic is ninety, seeing my favourite horse bobs worth win the biggest race of the week and cheering him from right beside  winners post , 1.90 a pint in the Devon bar in Coventry on the Monday before racing, good to get away and great to get home!

Bad - ticket touts "we'll buy and sell tickets" biggest pains on the hole I have ever had the misfortune to come across and you'd come across them every 5 yards from car park to course, getting mobbed by some fortune teller on day 1 and having to pay her a tenner to escape her clutches (she wanted 20!!) , not being able to pick my nose for majority of the meet 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: cheltnham good and bad:
    Good - the craic is ninety, seeing my favourite horse bobs worth win the biggest race of the week and cheering him from right beside  winners post , 1.90 a pint in the Devon bar in Coventry on the Monday before racing, good to get away and great to get home! Bad - ticket touts "we'll buy and sell tickets" biggest pains on the hole I have ever had the misfortune to come across and you'd come across them every 5 yards from car park to course, getting mobbed by some fortune teller on day 1 and having to pay her a tenner to escape her clutches (she wanted 20!!) , not being able to pick my nose for majority of the meet 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Glad you had a great time m8
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2013
    Always next year to make the fortune!! Flew home this morning and seemed like only yesterday we were flying out! Went in soooooo quick. 
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2013
    Easy to answer:-
    Tues bad
    Weds worse
    Thurs worse still 
    Fri excellent enough to recover losses by the time Salsify cruised home. Alderwood somehow ensured it was a winning week. 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited March 2013
    Said it on other threads but here goes

Tuesday -first winner and nothing eles
    Wed - Nothing
    Thursday -Couple of placed horses
    Friday - Treble which got me out of trouble and made week profitable .

Great fun , but wish I wouldntb leave it till last moment
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2013
    tuesday +£120
    wed - £65
    thursday - £162
    friday +£255

if i was to break even for the week id have been happy so to come out in profit is good. roll on aintree!!!
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2013
    Could have been a lot worse,3 good winners and a couple of place doubles.
    Whatever else my thoughts have to be with J.T.McNamara,please God he recovers.
    These boys sure earn their fees.
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited March 2013
    PS Roll on the 1st week of June-hoping for a repeat of last year(Blonde Snapper).
    Got 2 or 3 in mind-2 of them run in the RP Juveile on Tuesday.
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited March 2013
    tuesday 3 placed horses goin on to 1 on thurs more later wed 1 winner but lost thurs 1 winner big shu which got me a nice tickle in a each way l 31 so very good fri alderwood got me out of jail so all in all very good week