You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited April 2013
    Lol see Dohhh got beat yesterday :) used to look like him didnt you...

I would have backed Robbertson or Ronnie from the off but Ronnie was too low, will put £10 on Robbo today maybe he has gone out a bit with Ronnie going through yesterday and playing well.

I think this will be one of the best crucibles ever, have been well looking forward to it!

Come on Ronnie
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited April 2013
    At least we're fairly safe to bet because DOH's fat mate isn't allowed to play ;-D

• Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited April 2013
    ronnie 10 fat guy 4
    easiest £10 i've ever won

don't normally bet this amount for such a small return but felt ronnies b or c would be good enough against a guy that can only just bend down low enough to reach the table.

now all i want is John Higgins to win or reach the final as i've got him £10 e/w @ 11/1

'come on higgins'

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter:
    ronnie 10 fat guy 4 easiest £10 i've ever won don't normally bet this amount for such a small return but felt ronnies b or c would be good enough against a guy that can only just bend down low enough to reach the table. now all i want is John Higgins to win or reach the final as i've got him £10 e/w @ 11/1 'come on higgins' (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Bad bet imo devon, higgins had a poor season wouldnt suprise me if he went out early eg. 2nd round
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited April 2013

Am on Robertson to win the whole thing, some on with Ladbrokes who are money back in Ronnie wins

Best price i've seen though is Robertson to win his quarter, quarter 3. He's 6/5 and i really can't see anyone in there that can beat him over the longer match distance
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter:
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter : Bad bet imo devon, higgins had a poor season wouldnt suprise me if he went out early eg. 2nd round
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    yeah,knowing my luck he probably will...
    but 11/1 is great odds imo so we'll have to wait 'n' see
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i love to see o sullivan win cant back him at 4/1 when hes only had 1 match a whole year hes just pure class greatest player ever to pick up a cue  i backed robertson to win the china open at 8/1 massive odds im backing him for the worlds aswell got 7/1 hes such a gooooooooood match player very hard to beat 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    have to agree mate  gl

hope e loses in final to Higgins though.  lol
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2013

Acca down w/ Lisowski not turning up, but Murphy safely through and showed signs that he could be a real contender towards the end.

He's like Lee, awesome when he's at his best. Just doesn't show it often enough. Although admittedly it's still alot more often than Lee who plays 1 amazing shot per match and that's his lot!

Put another bet on for continued intrest in the first round

Ding -4.5
    Trump -4.5
    Stevens to beat Fu
    Higgins to make a comeback v Davis (sorry Dev, no chance now my money is on him)

Theyr're all around evens individually, 19/1 overall. 

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited April 2013
    Acca down w/ Lisowski not turning up, but Murphy safely through and showed signs that he could be a real contender towards the end. He's like Lee, awesome when he's at his best. Just doesn't show it often enough. Although admittedly it's still alot more often than Lee who plays 1 amazing shot per match and that's his lot! Put another bet on for continued intrest in the first round Ding -4.5 Trump -4.5 Stevens to beat Fu Higgins to make a comeback v Davis (sorry Dev, no chance now my money is on him) Theyr're all around evens individually, 19/1 overall. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Oops :-(

Did anyone see
    Poomjaeng's epic shot on the pink? hahaha

• Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited April 2013
    I went £10 E/W on Graham Dott 50/1 is a massive price
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Poker day again, so gonna donate another few quid.

Murphy to beat Dott 1/2
    PoooooomJang to beat White 6/4
    Stevens to beat Fu (currently 3-6 down) 3/1
    Ronnie to beat Carter 4/11
    Milkins +4.5 to beat Robertson 5/6

= 36.5/1
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    edited April 2013
    Bit of a shocker with Robbo getting beat by Milkins, didn't cue at all well this aft. 

Opens up the bottom half nicely for Selby, my pre-tourny selection, if he can get past Ding in the quarters he should make the final :)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2013
    Am on Robertson to win the whole thing, some on with Ladbrokes who are money back in Ronnie wins Best price i've seen though is Robertson to win his quarter, quarter 3. He's 6/5 and i really can't see anyone in there that can beat him over the longer match distance
    Posted by SHANXTA

#fail
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2013
    Bit of a shocker with Robbo getting beat by Milkins, didn't cue at all well this aft.  Opens up the bottom half nicely for Selby, my pre-tourny selection, if he can get past Ding in the quarters he should make the final :)
    Posted by goldnballz

He was the one that ended Jimmy White's hopes too :(

It is between Selby & Ronnie now IMHO.
  • Options
    ididit14ididit14 Member Posts: 86
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter : He was the one that ended Jimmy White's hopes too :( It is between Selby & Ronnie now IMHO.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Ding looks good, Ali carter is dangerous and if Judd gets on a run he'll be unstoppable. Very open I think
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Gonna do an idcu and semi-aftertime post a bet.

Had a treble this morning on Milkins to beat Robertson (was 4-5 down at the time), Murphy -2.5 to beat Dott and Poomjaeng to beat White, paid about 35/1

It was all going so well.

Dunno what Poomjaeng was up to tonight. Forefitting the 4th frame was ridiculous. No way back from 7-1 :(

At least Murphy looks good, and the tournament is wide open.

I disagree that Trump can be unstoppable, he's way overrated. I don't think there's any way he can win the whole tournament.

Robertson and Maguire out, Ding not good enough, Trump overrated, doubts about Ronnie still, Selby a big favourite imo, w/ Murphy next!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter : #fail
    Posted by MAXALLY
    HUGE FAIL!

Fingers burnt, only hope now is my small e/w bet on Bingham

or for Ronnie to win and I get some money back
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Selby won't have what it takes to stop either Ronnie or Judd if they turn up, that's a big if, will Ronnie's absence affect him, no one really knows. And Judd hasn't produced the same form that got him to the final 2 years ago since. If neither turn up, and Selby plays ok, he prob wins.

Maguire was never gonna be good enough over the longer format IMO, his head goes far too easy

Best of the rest obv includes Ding, Murphy and Carter, but none of their prices really appeal, if I was gonna have another bet, i'd prob back White
  • Options
    LizthebizLizthebiz Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    I will go for Ding to win.

Greatest ever is Stephen Hendry. Dedication and skill.
    Most ranking events and World Titles  say no more.
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2013
    WHAT PRICE THE CHINESE(?)PILLOCK THAT MISSED 3 OPEN REDS AND FORFEITED THE FRAME.
    JOESMAN-WATCHING BOTHAM THROUGH A SHOP WINDOW ?HEADINGLEY 1981-WATCHED IT ON TV AT WARNERS CAMP.LOL