You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Barclays Premier League 13th - 14th April 2013

WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
edited April 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
I felt I was quite unlucky last week.  My biggest bet was on Fulham/Draw.  I was getting ready to collect when Cisse scored deep into added time.  I'm not really sure how the Chelsea game got away from me.  Everything was going to plan when Sunderland took the lead, but I wasn't counting on Fernando Torres running into some form at the right time.  The West Ham performance got me out of a hole though and I ended up with a small profit.  Anyway, onto this week:

Arsenal play Norwich at The Emirates.  I've had a look at some of the markets and I think I've carved a chunk of value.  The hosts are a best price of 13/50, so we won't be touching that.  Norwich are currently a best price of 13/1.  I was half tempted by this as its a huge price, but Norwich have been so negative lately I'm not sure they have a goal in them.  Having said that, I'd take 14/1 if I could get it.  Norwich are going to park the bus and 11/2 is a huge price for a draw in any game in my opinion. 

I'm having 2 points on the Draw at 11/2.

My only other bet for Saturday comes in the game at the Madejski Stadium.  7/1 for a home team to win is always tempting, but Reading are so inconsistent I can't back it.  Out of the two teams Reading arguably have the most to play for; they'll be looking to give their home fans something to cheer about.  Liverpool have nothing left to play for and might already be thinking about their holidays.  They're not exactly in great form anyway.  I think there is a little bit of value in the draw at 15/4.

I'm having 1 point on the Draw at 15/4.

I wouldn't put anyone off backing the draw in the Everton/QPR game at 19/5 if you're desperate for another bet, but I'm giving it a miss.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013

On Sunday Manchester United are taking a short trip South to play Stoke.  Stoke have only managed to steal one point off United since gaining promotion in 2008.  Despite Stoke's excellent home form, I can't see past United.  I'm doing something I usually try to avoid and backing the short-priced favourite.  8/13 seems terrible for an away team, but I think there's actually quite a lot of value in it. 

I'm having 5 points on Manchester United at 8/13.

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Barclays Premier League 13th - 14th April 2013:
    On Sunday Manchester United are taking a short trip South to play Stoke.  Stoke have only managed to steal one point off United since gaining promotion in 2008.  Despite Stoke's excellent home form, I can't see past United.  I'm doing something I usually try to avoid and backing the short-priced favourite.  8/13 seems terrible for an away team, but I think there's actually quite a lot of value in it.  I'm having 5 points on Manchester United at 8/13.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Stoke only have 5 prem points in 2013, & would be miles bottom if table was from jan 1st, Man utd to bounce back as well after last week

I cannot see past a 2+ margin, say meybe 0-2, 0-3, so I agree with you, grab the short cert!!

PS One Tip, NEVER BACK FULHAM away from Home!! LOL! 
    I have NEVER seen us win at Villa, tho we could nick a draw!!

Also some teams at mo may have funny priorites, ....like, DO Liverpool want to qualify for Europa?? hmmm...
    away at reading on form is banker Liverpool, but Reading may relax & play after being relegation certs now, BUT..this is what I would call their LAST Chance so, dont count them out!!

Another real difficult One, Newcastle v Sunderland, looked at One way, it's a banker home!!
    ...... BUT Europa league hangover & local Derby, with Sunderland scratching could be close!!  If Newcastle score early tho this could easily be landslide!! Am reckoning Sunderland not to score, so somewhere between 0-0 to 4-0!! LOLOL!!!

Arsenal WILL Beat Norwich...SIMPLES!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2013

SIGH.

I am going for a Stoke 2, 1 WIN! 

We beat them in 1984 ya know FFS! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Barclays Premier League 13th - 14th April 2013 : Stoke only have 5 prem points in 2013, & would be miles bottom if table was from jan 1st, Man utd to bounce back as well after last week I cannot see past a 2+ margin, say meybe 0-2, 0-3, so I agree with you, grab the short cert!! PS One Tip, NEVER BACK FULHAM away from Home!! LOL!  I have NEVER seen us win at Villa, tho we could nick a draw!! Also some teams at mo may have funny priorites, ....like, DO Liverpool want to qualify for Europa?? hmmm... away at reading on form is banker Liverpool, but Reading may relax & play after being relegation certs now, BUT..this is what I would call their LAST Chance so, dont count them out!! Another real difficult One, Newcastle v Sunderland, looked at One way, it's a banker home!! ...... BUT Europa league hangover & local Derby, with Sunderland scratching could be close!!  If Newcastle score early tho this could easily be landslide!! Am reckoning Sunderland not to score, so somewhere between 0-0 to 4-0!! LOLOL!!! Arsenal WILL Beat Norwich...SIMPLES!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Basically, Newcastle never win the weekend after Thursday Europa League fixtures, unless they're playing Fulham.  Seems obvious now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    SIGH. I am going for a Stoke 2, 1 WIN!  We beat them in 1984 ya know FFS! :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Just looked at the odds for that.  Think you'd get more value from a lottery ticket.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Barclays Premier League 13th - 14th April 2013 : Stoke only have 5 prem points in 2013, & would be miles bottom if table was from jan 1st, Man utd to bounce back as well after last week I cannot see past a 2+ margin, say meybe 0-2, 0-3, so I agree with you, grab the short cert!! PS One Tip, NEVER BACK FULHAM away from Home!! LOL!  I have NEVER seen us win at Villa, tho we could nick a draw!! Also some teams at mo may have funny priorites, ....like, DO Liverpool want to qualify for Europa?? hmmm... away at reading on form is banker Liverpool, but Reading may relax & play after being relegation certs now, BUT..this is what I would call their LAST Chance so, dont count them out!! Another real difficult One, Newcastle v Sunderland, looked at One way, it's a banker home!! ...... BUT Europa league hangover & local Derby, with Sunderland scratching could be close!!  If Newcastle score early tho this could easily be landslide!! Am reckoning Sunderland not to score, so somewhere between 0-0 to 4-0!! LOLOL!!! Arsenal WILL Beat Norwich...SIMPLES!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Sigh...  So very nearly...
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited April 2013
    So Apart fromsunderlandI wish i'd listened to my self, lol!!