You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Aces & Queens

topladwa02topladwa02 Member Posts: 7
edited May 2013 in Team Talk
Hello,

A rubbish new player here in need of some advice!

I like to play the B/H's. 14 times on the spin now I have lost hands on all ins with AQ. Now to me AQ is a good enough hand to be going all in? Or is that just me being naïve? Is it just bad luck? I think on 11 of these I have had best hand going into the flop.

Usually I raise pre-flop of course - depending on the BB at the time I normally go 3 times raise. If someone shoves, then I feel obliged to call it.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Its driving me mad.

What's the minimum people usually go all in, in the B/Hs?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,030
    edited May 2013
    Hi

Post some of your hands in the clinic to get some good advice.
    Cheers
  • Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited May 2013

AQ is never good enough to go all-in with pre flop anytime anywhere

see the flop-re-access.

I don't play many b/h but if I did AK would be my minimum and maybe 99+ aipf

gl
    :)
    dev
  • Options
    topladwa02topladwa02 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    To be honest I did think this but after watching a lot of Sky Poker TV especially the B/H tournaments, they encourage you to bet high/go all in with A 10/j/q/k etc. A lot of the all ins on the B/H mainly involve an A with lower cards. 

Still as confused in that case.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Aces & Queens:
    To be honest I did think this but after watching a lot of Sky Poker TV especially the B/H tournaments, they encourage you to bet high/go all in with A 10/j/q/k etc. A lot of the all ins on the B/H mainly involve an A with lower cards.  Still as confused in that case.
    Posted by topladwa02
    Hi Toplad.
    The real difference is........

If we are up against another player with a really short stack, then our AQ is plenty good enough to set him all-in, because he is most probably shoving/calling you with a very wide range of hands.

If we are holding AQ etc against a player with a similar or bigger stack, then we really need to be looking for better hands.

If you have position, then by all means raise with it pre-flop.
    If you don't have position, then I prefer to just make the call with it pre-flop.
    Once the flop is down, reassess the board to decide your next move.

Don't shove all in on the flop just because the board flops low - more often than not in Bounty Hunters a player has called to the flop with much lower cards than they would in standard Texas Holdem, so there is always a chance they have hit it and your AQ is behind at this stage.

If everyone folds round to me and I am up against a shortstack, I will alway shove/call with AQ etc otherwise I want to see a flop and reassess.

Always be aware of the stack sizes around you before commiting all your chips.

Good Luck.
    Pokertrev.