You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

GREYHOUND DERBY

bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
edited June 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
ITS NEARLY STARTING DAY JUNE 1 ST.
I ALREADY HAVE SOME "SMALL INVESTMENTS" ANTE-POST-
ALIEN PLANET @ 25/1
JOLLY BULLSEYE @ 33/1(GO KEVIN HUTTON KING OF SWINDON-I KNOW ONE OF HIS STAFF)
A LONG SHOT THAT WOULD MAKE ME VERY HAPPY FOR ITS TRAINER(RAB/LIZ MCNAIR)  @ 66/1-
SKATE ON.

BALLYMAC ESKE -NOT FOR ME ,GREAT DOG THOUGH HE IS,CERTAINLY NOT AT 7/1.
I JUST HAVE A NIGGLING DOUBT ABOUT HIM STANDING UP TO 6 RACES IN 4 WEEKS,HE HAS HAD SOME
PROBLEMS,AND QUITE A BIT OF RACING AS A PUP.

P.S NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DERBY(THIS YEAR!!!)-KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR A PUP CALLED GLOBAL MADE,TRAINED BY JIMMY FENWICK.-HE'S HAD ONLY 4 RACES,BRILLIANT IRISH FORM,AND STEAMED IN ON HIS 1ST UK RACE.
REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST LOL.

Comments

• Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    edited May 2013

brings back memorys 1st final i saw was john silver white city

• Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited May 2013
    Its going to be a right royal affair this year!
    I think King Bradley and King Nicky will make the final
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY:
                        brings back memorys 1st final i saw was john silver white city                    
    Posted by daphne56
    The dear old White City Daphne.I saw my first one there -Tartan Khan in 1975-he went on to win the St.Leger in the same year.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

y es tartan khan 1st to benefit from the increase to 500 metres
  • Options
    edited May 2013

might take trip down there this year only live 20 mins down road
              have been to a track for 15 years now
              always used to go wimbldon wembley the city
              even used to bunk of school go down stamford bridge thursday afternoon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
              might take trip down there this year only live 20 mins down road           have been to a track for 15 years now           always used to go wimbldon wembley the city           even used to bunk of school go down stamford bridge thursday afternoon
    Posted by daphne56
    Just hope Pascal Taggart gets his way with Wimbledon,they say its a right pig-sty bat present,but the track's perfect which I suppose is the main thing,even heard of one guy who said you need an anti-tetanus jab to visit the loos there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    COME ON YOU GREYHOUND PEOPLE,WHAT DO YOU ALL LIKE ?
    IT STARTS FRIDAY AND 1ST 2 ROUNDS ARE BEING COVERED ON RPGTV CHANNEL 212.
  • Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited May 2013
    Its going to be a right royal affair this year! I think King Bradley and King Nicky will make the final
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Sadly I dont think either have much of a chance after watching the first round
    but thankfully the 15/2 I got on King Nicky paid for my ante post bets at 300/1 e/w to make the final.
    I'm dreaming a lot but I have got King Nicky at 300/1 with Talent 20/1 and Olly Stevens horses  in the Wokingham and Royal Hunt cup both at 33/1 in an E/w lucky 15
    Jolly Bullseye ran a cracker congrats!
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY : Sadly I dont think either have much of a chance after watching the first round but thankfully the 15/2 I got on King Nicky paid for my ante post bets at 300/1 e/w to make the final. I'm dreaming a lot but I have got King Nicky at 300/1 with Talent 20/1 and Olly Stevens horses  in the Wokingham and Royal Hunt cup both at 33/1 in an E/w lucky 15 Jolly Bullseye ran a cracker congrats!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Good luck with your bets!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY : Sadly I dont think either have much of a chance after watching the first round but thankfully the 15/2 I got on King Nicky paid for my ante post bets at 300/1 e/w to make the final. I'm dreaming a lot but I have got King Nicky at 300/1 with Talent 20/1 and Olly Stevens horses  in the Wokingham and Royal Hunt cup both at 33/1 in an E/w lucky 15 Jolly Bullseye ran a cracker congrats!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Cheers mate I really hope Kevin Hutton can do it-a really good up and coming trainer,and I have known his lady since she was a small child,at the kennels where I had 1 or 2 dogs,her parents were the trainer's staff.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to GREYHOUND DERBY:
    ITS NEARLY STARTING DAY JUNE 1 ST. I ALREADY HAVE SOME "SMALL INVESTMENTS" ANTE-POST- ALIEN PLANET @ 25/1 JOLLY BULLSEYE @ 33/1(GO KEVIN HUTTON KING OF SWINDON-I KNOW ONE OF HIS STAFF) A LONG SHOT THAT WOULD MAKE ME VERY HAPPY FOR ITS TRAINER(RAB/LIZ MCNAIR)  @ 66/1- SKATE ON. BALLYMAC ESKE -NOT FOR ME ,GREAT DOG THOUGH HE IS,CERTAINLY NOT AT 7/1. I JUST HAVE A NIGGLING DOUBT ABOUT HIM STANDING UP TO 6 RACES IN 4 WEEKS,HE HAS HAD SOME PROBLEMS,AND QUITE A BIT OF RACING AS A PUP. P.S NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DERBY(THIS YEAR!!!)-KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR A PUP CALLED GLOBAL MADE,TRAINED BY JIMMY FENWICK.-HE'S HAD ONLY 4 RACES,BRILLIANT IRISH FORM,AND STEAMED IN ON HIS 1ST UK RACE. REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST LOL.
    Posted by bazzer61
    Very disappointing Alien PLanet's 1st round but ho hum,thats the way it goes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    OH GAWD !!!!!
    I'VE GOT ONE LEFT OF MY 3 ANTE-POST BETS.-SKATE ON(LIZ/RAB MCNAIR).
    HAVE A LOOK AT THE OPPOSITION AND TRAP DRAW (ITS NORMALLY A RAILER) FOR TOMORROW'S 3RD ROUND HEATS.
    HHHEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!

P.S. YOU NEVER KNOW IT'S A FUNNY OLD GAME.
  • Options
    cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited June 2013
    Its going to run fast and straight so there will be trouble behind!
    I think you're nailed on to finish 1st or 2nd this weekend.
    Wish I could say the same about my two remaining ante post bets King Bradley and Shaneboy alley.
    I'm the king of ante post bets I took 150/1 and 16/1 at the start, two rounds gone and they're bigger prices lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Its going to run fast and straight so there will be trouble behind! I think you're nailed on to finish 1st or 2nd this weekend. Wish I could say the same about my two remaining ante post bets King Bradley and Shaneboy alley. I'm the king of ante post bets I took 150/1 and 16/1 at the start, two rounds gone and they're bigger prices lol
    Posted by cleansweep
    Very unlucky with Shaneboy Alley mate -down to that butcher Holdem Spy.Hope he keeps out of the way from now on.Extremely "iffy" in my book,but they're often very good with it.
    Mine are all out now,will cross fingers for Kevin Hutton's Screen Critic.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    APPEARS I MIGHT HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT BALLYMAC ESKE,(I OFTEN AM -USED TO IT LOL)ALTHOUGH HE HAD
    TO WORK A BIT IN THE QUARTER FINAL.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i think droopys jet i backed it at 6/1 before the quater finals great speed to the 1st bend 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Good luck to you mate great dog,will need that speed with Sidaz Jack and Ballymac Vic either side of him.Could be problems on the inside.
    Although I wasn't sure about Ballymac Eske before it started,sad to see him go out like that.Looks burned out.
    Will probably have a little go at Kevin Hutton's dog in Trap 6.-Screen Critic.
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited June 2013
    I've kept my powder dry this year after my near miss @ 50/1 ante post with Razldazl Jayfkay last year. But this is how I see the final playing out.....Trap 1 (which can't win) matches trap 2 to the bend, roughs it up round the 1st 2 bends, allowing the 3 dog a free run in 3rd down the back straight, and it will power into the lead rounding the 3rd bend to win by 2 lengths.

BUT start backing the 1 dog (Sidaz Jack) for the 2014 Derby as soon as they open a book next Sunday. How an unraced pup can make a Derby Final is incredible.

Edit: Ok, I got it wrong by a year... But I'm keeping to my word and investing my 1st bet now for next year. £25 ew 1st 6 @ 25/1
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've kept my powder dry this year after my near miss @ 50/1 ante post with Razldazl Jayfkay last year. But this is how I see the final playing out.....Trap 1 (which can't win) matches trap 2 to the bend, roughs it up round the 1st 2 bends, allowing the 3 dog a free run in 3rd down the back straight, and it will power into the lead rounding the 3rd bend to win by 2 lengths. BUT  start backing the 1 dog (Sidaz Jack) for the 2014 Derby as soon as they open a book next Sunday. How an unraced pup can make a Derby Final is incredible.
    Posted by joesman1
    BTW Droopys Jet was ONLY beaten 13 1/2 lengths into 2nd place by the afore mentioned Jayfkay in last years 2nd round, when he smashed the track record!! Not that I'm still bitter lol.....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've kept my powder dry this year after my near miss @ 50/1 ante post with Razldazl Jayfkay last year. But this is how I see the final playing out.....Trap 1 (which can't win) matches trap 2 to the bend, roughs it up round the 1st 2 bends, allowing the 3 dog a free run in 3rd down the back straight, and it will power into the lead rounding the 3rd bend to win by 2 lengths. BUT  start backing the 1 dog (Sidaz Jack) for the 2014 Derby as soon as they open a book next Sunday. How an unraced pup can make a Derby Final is incredible.
    Posted by joesman1
    Neil.

Re Sidaz Jack making the final-SIMPLES!!!!! He's trained by Charlie Lister.
    He's also a bit young to take it on this year,hope he comes out OK.
    I see trouble on the inside,specially as Ballymac Jet will turn slightly left.
    Kevin Hutton's Screen Critic will almost enjoy a solo on the outside,and 12/1 is very appealing.
    PS he trains at Swindon,has hhe got the dog you posted about for Monday ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY : Neil. Re Sidaz Jack making the final-SIMPLES!!!!! He's trained by Charlie Lister. He's also a bit young to take it on this year,hope he comes out OK. I see trouble on the inside,specially as Ballymac Jet will turn slightly left. Kevin Hutton's Screen Critic will almost enjoy a solo on the outside,and 12/1 is very appealing. PS he trains at Swindon,has hhe got the dog you posted about for Monday ?
    Posted by bazzer61
    Hi Bazzer... Nope it's trained by Hepden. Also I've just noticed she's 15 weeks out of season, so will only strip fitter. Us doggy men know 16 weeks is the magic number.