You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Anyone for tennis?

pilgrim07pilgrim07 Member Posts: 232
edited May 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
With the French Open imminent I thought that I would look to see if there was any value in having a bet on the various markets available. Obviously in both the mens and womens the favourites are far too short to be worth a bet but there seems to be opportunities elsewhere. Anyone else got any thoughts? 

Comments

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Anyone for tennis?:
    With the French Open imminent I thought that I would look to see if there was any value in having a bet on the various markets available. Obviously in both the mens and womens the favourites are far too short to be worth a bet but there seems to be opportunities elsewhere. Anyone else got any thoughts? 
    Posted by pilgrim07
    With Nadal and Djokovic in the same half of the draw. Can I suggest u look for a decent clay court player in Federers half at 33/1 plus odds. Will only need to make the semis to click.

Edit:- How about Nicolas Almagro @ 125/1??
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Anyone for tennis?:
    In Response to Anyone for tennis? : With Nadal and Djokovic in the same half of the draw. Can I suggest u look for a decent clay court player in Federers half at 33/1 plus odds. Will only need to make the semis to click. Edit:- How about Nicolas Almagro @ 125/1??
    Posted by joesman1
    Each-way terms are only first & second.

Stan James are refunding bets up to £50 if djoko wins, so stick £50 on Nadal @ 4/6 & surely the worst you do is get your money back.... two horse race.
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Anyone for tennis?:
    In Response to Re: Anyone for tennis? : Each-way terms are only first & second. Stan James are refunding bets up to £50 if djoko wins, so stick £50 on Nadal @ 4/6 & surely the worst you do is get your money back.... two horse race.
    Posted by goldnballz
    That's a bit tight. But still think that's the way to go, focus on Federers half. And yer right Goldenballz, prob bet to nothing.