You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Worst customer service I have experienced. Very annoyed.

daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
edited December 2009 in Community Help & Advice
Hopefully somebody other than Graeme will reply to this as I have already put up with his sarcastic and arrogant tone for half an hour.

I was kicked out of two STT's earlier tonight. Iit was no fault of my own and sky allowed me to open other games, start new games but not allow me to re-connect to the two STT's. My internet was clearly working but having logged out four times, changed computer three times and cleared cookies in between it all I still couldnt connect.

Over to sky customer service online..
At first the guy, Graeme, had the gaul to suggest I contact my internet service provider!! I reminded him I was talking to him online and that I had other live games running. He then asked me to explain why I wasn't in the other games!?

It's the first time a customer service rep, delegated technical query's, has ever told me to explain why their service wasn't working. Unbelievable.

Needless to say I was told I wasn't getting my money refunded (£4,40) and that I should contact my service provider (again).

I have never ever rang a company and being subjected to sarcastic, apathetic, cheeky comments like this and if nothing else believe I should be compensated the buy in for this alone.

Really gutted I've had to go through this on the back of the STT dissapointment. I must say that in the past I have had no problems with sky reps through the online chat service, but this was ridiculous and in-line with comments I have read on the forum saying the same thing.

Anybody care to at least apoligise? I'm sure Sky will have the chat logged.

daveydavey, player of other 1300 games.

Comments

• Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited December 2009
    I haven't had any problems with them up until the last week but i agree that they seem to be inept at the moment. Can't explain any of their decisions.
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst customer service I have experienced. Very annoyed.:
    always been very poor and i'm not even gonna start on them again cos they just make my blood boil, if they were english it could possibly help, after all we are from england!
    Posted by webby234
    Scotland here pal!!! Lol
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    connections on the site have been abysmal for a few weeks now mate--I keep getting told that my login has expired and have to relaunch the table--this can take ages and completely ruin a chance of a cash---sky are just ignoring the problem and i have only had completely pathetic responses so far---total waste of space asking customer care about it

gl with your complaint-- I don't understand why sky takes no notice of this type of complaint as I am sure they must be losing customers as fast as they gain them
  • Options
    FISH50FISH50 Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2009

Im really glad this issue has been pointed out some1 will be in touch with you soon ive had the same ignorance and i believe this graeme might of been 1 of them who had nothing but seemingly automated responses, its so good to see people are going to highlight it in here after all we are the community and surely that has to be dealt with asap , im as disappointed as you but fair enough to sky they are holding an investigation believe it or not i was subject to "nites" of abuse and ignorance and even told i was being refunded to then be told it was a typo error and i would get nothing so for the hours again i highlight "hours" of ignorance and being cut off and being told it was a sky conn prob when they cut me off but not when my heads up goes down oh it never is surely the minor refund would never be sufficient.

Gd Luck

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Worst customer service I have experienced. Very annoyed.:
    Hopefully somebody other than Graeme will reply to this as I have already put up with his sarcastic and arrogant tone for half an hour. I was kicked out of two STT's earlier tonight. Iit was no fault of my own and sky allowed me to open other games, start new games but not allow me to re-connect to the two STT's. My internet was clearly working but having logged out four times, changed computer three times and cleared cookies in between it all I still couldnt connect. Over to sky customer service online.. At first the guy, Graeme, had the gaul to suggest I contact my internet service provider!! I reminded him I was talking to him online and that I had other live games running. He then asked me to explain why I wasn't in the other games!? It's the first time a customer service rep, delegated technical query's, has ever told me to explain why their service wasn't working. Unbelievable. Needless to say I was told I wasn't getting my money refunded (£4,40) and that I should contact my service provider (again). I have never ever rang a company and being subjected to sarcastic, apathetic, cheeky comments like this and if nothing else believe I should be compensated the buy in for this alone. Really gutted I've had to go through this on the back of the STT dissapointment. I must say that in the past I have had no problems with sky reps through the online chat service, but this was ridiculous and in-line with comments I have read on the forum saying the same thing. Anybody care to at least apoligise? I'm sure Sky will have the chat logged. daveydavey, player of other 1300 games.
    Posted by daveydavey
    Hey Daveydavey,

i'm really sorry to hear of your recent problems. let me look into this one for you and see if there is anything that can be done.

i'll be in touch via PM shortly.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited December 2009
    Just to follow this up...

I was e-mailed by Sky_Rich this morning explaining that the issue had been passed on to customer care who would be contacting me later today. I expected this to be via e-mail but recieved a phone call at 1.30PM from Wayne.

I must say he was very understanding and sympathetic, he assured me the issue had been dealt with internally and that customer service on the chat line shouldn't be like this.

After investigating the games and confirming I hadn't took a bad beat/lost my stack Wayne got back to me and as a gesture of good will has reimbursed my account with the £4.40 and an additional £5 poker credit.

Wayne explained this was a gesture of good will and NOT standard practice, as explained in the terms & conditions disconnections (especially isolated ones like mine) were not insured by Sky but as a long-term/valued customer/first time complaint, Sky would make a gesture of good will which I am over the moon about.

I talked to Wayne after and explained I would have begrudingly accepeted if a refund could not be made as I didn't expect Sky to have any recorded problems, but given the manner of my chat with Graeme last night felt I needed to voice my complaint.

Very satisfied and a born-again happy customer. (Thanks, Sky_Rich for following this up)
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    he's floppin marvellous, that rich!--nice one davey---poor fella seems to be customer care all by himself innit !!

• Options
    OldhandLukOldhandLuk Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2009

To be fair, SkyPoker's response (today) to my technical query by email was swift and satisfying. I'm being compensated with a small but appropriate amount of credit. I'm also being advised to delete Internet temp files & cookies and to try again, which I will do tonight.

My hopes aren't high: I'm pretty convinced, going by other complaints, that the problem lies with Shy, not my PC. Still, it's worth a shot...