You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

why are so many poor player on sky

stevemug2stevemug2 Member Posts: 45
edited June 2013 in The Sky Poker Tour
sick  of  limper,   call,     and  hopre  briagde  

i know that  in the  long run  these players   lose  but   they never   seem  to   with me  

note  to self  turn off chat box   and take  chill pill 

Comments

• Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited June 2013
    In Response to why are so many poor player on sky:
    sick  of  limper,   call,     and  hopre  briagde    i know that  in the  long run  these players   lose  but   they never   seem  to   with me   note  to self  turn off chat box   and take  chill pill 
    Posted by stevemug2
    what would you rather have a passive player who limp calls all the time and will almost allways let you no when he has a big hand or somebody that is raising all the time and 3 betting you alot and putting you in difficult spots all the time???? 

these limp callers are a licence to print money mate.
  • Options
    IWYSIWYS Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    I feel your pain.  3rd in a tournament yesterday, and within 3 hands I was out of the tourney, all pots lost to the same guy.

1st hand - Had KK, and raised 5 times BB, and this guy was calling everything pre flop.  Flop came 10,4,K so I had set of kings.  I bet out a pot size bet because I knew this guy would call one barrel even if I was lighter than I was, and he called.  Turn came Q, I bet half pot and he called.  River came J, so board was now
    10,4,K,Q,J.  I check the river and he goes all in and I call.  He turns over A 10 off.  So he called me to the river with a pair of 10's. 

Normally I would love these players, as variance comes into play, and in the longer term you will win these post, but It does seem to be happening ALL the time at the minute.  Just got to think how you play the hand and make sure you do the right things.

2nd hand - I had QQ and the flop came Q,4,9 and I bet 3/4 pot, he calls.  Only one spade.  The turn comes 6 spades, I bet 3/4 pot and he calls.  2 spades comes on river.  I bet half pot and he shoves, and I call purely thinking if he hit his back door flush he can have it.  He turned over 10 5 spades. SICK.

This time I questioned If it is variance or if its just poor players.  Part of me thinks I would love to play against these people all the time, but part of me thinks that I keep losing to these people.

Any other thoughts on this would be well received. 
  • Options
    chris1963chris1963 Member Posts: 453
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited June 2013
    It's the same down at my local snooker club. Not one of them can knock in a decent break or polish off a frame with one chance. How I wish I was up against a really good player like Ronnie O'Sullivan.