You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Nottingham

gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 2,156
edited June 2013 in The Sky Poker Tour
I know its a while away but its my first one and I've been pondering over a few things.

I guess the main reason I started this thread was to see where people are planning on staying?  Im assuming id need to travel up Friday night as the tournament will start relatively early on Saturday.  Do people stay Sunday night as well (to have a few drinks etc)?

Also a quick question about the format.

The lobby says its 15 minute blinds with a 2000 starting stack.  With it capped at 150 players I'm not quite sure how this will last two days...  Is this right or am I just being a total live poker novice?

Thanks.

EDIT - just noticed that is says 2pm starting time so I guess that explains my last question.  But I guess my first question is still relevant!

Comments

• Options
    pacman599pacman599 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Last time we went to the same event we stayed at a premier inn in the town centre, about £8 in a cab if I remember correctly but there is one closer, not sure how much is going on around that one though.

Event starts at 2.00 pn the Saturday normally, if it is a deep stack you normally get 30,000 chips, small blinds and 40 minute levels so great format.

There will be quite a few there on the Friday night as there will no doubt be side events running as I am sure there will be on the Saturday night, don't suppose there will be too many there on the Sunday, I didn't make day 2 last time so can't really comment.

Have fun and hope to see you there!!!!

• Options
    Giant811Giant811 Member Posts: 613
    edited June 2013
    Ignore the structure in the lobby. Last year it was 30k stack & 45 minute levels and I expect it's the same this year. Also I think the total field will be well north of 200, the 150 cap is for online qualifiers only afaik.
  • Options
    morgan1310morgan1310 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Is it possible to win more than one spt ticket? What is the protocol?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Some time ago I noticed people playing in the sats who had already qualified and I wondered if they could sell or cash in their seat, seemed a good idea so I contacted support and was told that they couldn't understand why they were doing it as seats cannot be sold or exchanged but there were all sorts of suggestions about people selling seats for the last spt as they couldn't make it, would like some clarification on this from sky if possible.
  • Options
    0tt3r0tt3r Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    Hi guys, any idea whether any side events will be on, such as a HU perhaps?
    cheers, 0tt3r.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited June 2013
    If you've already won a seat for the SPT, then you play again and win another one it will just credit you the £220 at the end of the satellite just like any MTT.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Nottingham:
    If you've already won a seat for the SPT, then you play again and win another one it will just credit you the £220 at the end of the satellite just like any MTT.
    Posted by Lambert180
    wonder why support didnt know this!!!!!
  • Options
    SPTSPT Member Posts: 5,648
    edited June 2013
    Some time ago I noticed people playing in the sats who had already qualified and I wondered if they could sell or cash in their seat, seemed a good idea so I contacted support and was told that they couldn't understand why they were doing it as seats cannot be sold or exchanged but there were all sorts of suggestions about people selling seats for the last spt as they couldn't make it, would like some clarification on this from sky if possible.
    Posted by pacman599
    Seats cannot be sold or exchanged, though some people ask every event.

The venue gets the list of players in the Online lobby and it is those people we expect to turn up and play. If someone else turns up and says "Hi I am Joe and I have bought Andy's seat" then that doesn't help them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi guys, any idea whether any side events will be on, such as a HU perhaps? cheers, 0tt3r.
    Posted by 0tt3r
    as per the same question on the other thread

Fri night
    Sat night
    Sun afternoon

side events at £25 - £100 buy in

None will be HU, simply use up too much dealer capacity and tables/space.

This is the reason why hardly any live HU tournaments take place in poker festivals in the UK
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cheers for the reply, figured as much re: the HU events taking too much space but was worth asking haha.
    Any idea when a schedule for side events will be available?
    cheers, 0tt3r
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    working on it

something as simple as £50 NLHE "Super 50" on Fri night and Sunday afternoon and £25 NLHE "XXL25" is likely

DTD put guarantees on these events, typically £5000-7500 and winning can see first prizes of £1250-2000
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    working on it something as simple as £50 NLHE "Super 50" on Fri night and Sunday afternoon and £25 NLHE "XXL25" is likely DTD put guarantees on these events, typically £5000-7500 and winning can see first prizes of £1250-2000
    Posted by SPT
    Ah right so will it just be the normal tournaments DTD runs on the side of the SPT main event?

Also I'm not sure whether it's been mentioned properly but will direct buy in be available to non-priority (is that right) members? Seem to be having more luck in BH's atm than SPT sats!
    cheers, 0tt3r.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Nottingham : Seats cannot be sold or exchanged, though some people ask every event. The venue gets the list of players in the Online lobby and it is those people we expect to turn up and play. If someone else turns up and says "Hi I am Joe and I have bought Andy's seat" then that doesn't help them.
    Posted by SPT
    Is it right that if you qualify more than once you get the entry fee credited to your account as others are saying, again, this would have explained everything if customer support had known.