You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I'm not taking this bet, but you should!

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited June 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
My beloved Swindon Town to get relegated! We had a poor end to the season just gone under the new manager, we went from 1st to barely scraping the play-offs, we had our best player sold and close to going into administration.

Since then, we have sold our captain, our vice captain, the big centre back that can also score headers, our playmakers and one of our top scorers, as well as many others. We currently have 9 senior players, 1 of which is about to leave, so that leaves 8 and 1 of those is a youth goalkeeper that has barely played a game for us. 

To fill these gaps, we have given trials and possibly offering contracts to players that have been released on a free from Wimbledon, Droyslden and Macclesfield, as well as players that have come from our new chairman's old club Banbury United!

The wage bill has been cut from £4m to £2m this year, and I think with this current team we would get relegated from League 2 let alone League1. I can't persoanlly take the bet or it would mean I'm wanting my team to lose, but for the rest of you @6/1 and even 7/1 with Coral you should be all over it.

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Flash

I have had a nibble
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited June 2013
    Cheers mate, will do a relegation treble this year too then. Not just yet, hope the price stays for a bit.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2013
    Apparently we are on the brink of getting a 'blow your socks off' striker... 40 appearances for Kilmarnock with 2 goals. #clinical
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited June 2013
    Flash m8 do what I've done for the past 4 years have 20 quid yourselves to go down. Then youve got a drown your sorrows insurance policy. Seriously though good luck hope your wrong