You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

any advice on this would be grateful

chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
edited July 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hi all

most of you know I bet on coral for best odds
on Sunday the 3.55 at Windsor I placed a larger than normal bet for me on a 9/2 that went on to win coral paid out just over 3500 as it returned a 6/1 nice we all say then **** went mad

after 3 hours of betting/playing poker  I went to cash most of it out only to get a email 45 mins later saying due to a technical problem my bet was placed late and due to there rules had voided the bet!!!!!!
after speaking and getting know where im left with little confidence that I will get my pay out

any ideas what my next move should be I've called the betting commission but they advised me that I need to call aldony because coral are based in gilbrolter

and to make thing worse I have been invited to the coral eclipse on Saturday as a VIP as I've experience some really poor service in the past and varies problems on there web site

any advice welcome

chefboy

Comments

• Options
    est1967est1967 Member Posts: 247
    edited July 2013
    Never back with corals,They are imo the worst firm ever.I had a bet on the darts last year and because I wanted to put 1.200 on a set score they said there might one of the players in the game doing the score on purpose,I wont name the players but they would not take the bet!!!

I then went to back a dog I heard would win at Wimbledon and they would not take more than 200.00 win on it..

They are useless mate good luck with trying to get your VALID BET back.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited July 2013
    In Response to any advice on this would be grateful:
    Hi all most of you know I bet on coral for best odds on Sunday the 3.55 at Windsor I placed a larger than normal bet for me on a 9/2 that went on to win coral paid out just over 3500 as it returned a 6/1 nice we all say then **** went mad after 3 hours of betting/playing poker  I went to cash most of it out only to get a email 45 mins later saying due to a technical problem my bet was placed late and due to there rules had voided the bet!!!!!! after speaking and getting know where im left with little confidence that I will get my pay out any ideas what my next move should be I've called the betting commission but they advised me that I need to call aldony because coral are based in gilbrolter and to make thing worse I have been invited to the coral eclipse on Saturday as a VIP as I've experience some really poor service in the past and varies problems on there web site any advice welcome chefboy
    Posted by chefboy79
     bunch of pr1cks, there a cowboy outfit mate, never use them again, paddy power, bet365 or william hill p1sh all over corals.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    edited July 2013
    Im not a huge gambler so Im sorry I have no advice to offer but I've have also had problems with coral's website.

When placing a horse bet that's about to go off, the site suddenly 'freezes' & I've no idea whether the bet has gone on or not!

Pretty poor customer service too, weeks went by before they responded to 1 of my emails. Will never use them for horse racing again.

Hope you can get this sorted.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited July 2013
    n Response to Re: any advice on this would be grateful:
    In Response to any advice on this would be grateful :  bunch of pr1cks, there a cowboy outfit mate, never use them again, paddy power, bet365 or william hill p1sh all over corals.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    +1
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited July 2013
    Sorry mate , cant help as it seems from what you said they should have paid out.

+2 to The Rocks comments.
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited July 2013
    Hey mate I'm gutted for u. But how did u manage to put the bet on late if it drifted out another 1 1/2 points before the off?? I'm confused....
  • Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited July 2013
    Contact IBAS (The 3rd party independent regulator) explain that you posted on a forum and several others experienced similar problems.
    I'm not too technical but you should be able to screen dump your browsing histories.
    Coral can't dispute your placement of the wager as they have acknowledged the bet was late.
    Explain to IBAS that it must have been placed within the time limits as you took 9/2 and that you dont accept the response Corals have given and ask IBAS to investigate at what time the price changed from 9/2 to 6/1.
    Corals will probably have T&C's allowing them to wriggle out of paying but you might receive a free bet as a gesture of good faith
    Good Luck

Side Note: Corals may be registered in Gibraltar but to operate in the UK have to abide by UK guidelines. If they fail to investigate, it is possible to request their UK operating license be revoked.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: any advice on this would be grateful:
    Contact IBAS (The 3rd party independent regulator) explain that you posted on a forum and several others experienced similar problems. I'm not too technical but you should be able to screen dump your browsing histories. Coral can't dispute your placement of the wager as they have acknowledged the bet was late. Explain to IBAS that it must have been placed within the time limits as you took 9/2 and that you dont accept the response Corals have given and ask IBAS to investigate at what time the price changed from 9/2 to 6/1. Corals will probably have T&C's allowing them to wriggle out of paying but you might receive a free bet as a gesture of good faith Good Luck
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    I have contacted IBAS in the past and been successful!

Phone them and they will send you a form to fill in.They then take it up on your behalf!

Their telephone number: 02073475883
    Their e-mail: adjudication@ibas-uk.co.uk
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited July 2013
    Any update Chefboy?, i would be interested to hear what happens.
  • Options
    chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited July 2013
    sorry for the long delay in getting back on here
    well lets start with what the gambling commission said

basically if the bet could be proven it was put on late then all sites use the same language i.e. bet voided!!

coral had a technical diff as you could still place the bet on the winning line lol wish I knew that when betting according to coral the race went off at 3.55.29 sec
    according to there records I placed the bet at 3.56.12 sec
    the race ended at 3.56.59 sec
    so according to gambling commission they were within there terms and conditions to void all bets :-(

coral after hearing me talk at the coral eclipse with one or two big hitters offered me a sweetener as a gesture of good will as I bet with them on a reg basis
    not as good as winning 3500 but got 500 cash and a £100 bet on every race at the coral eclipse which I may add cost them a bit as I had 4 winners lol so it evened things out in the long run

thanks for all your help on the matter great help

cheers
    chefboy
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited July 2013
    well done on pursueing them and a bit of a result in the end.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well done!
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited July 2013
    my favourite one was during Cheltenham a few years ago and was watching it down my local watering hole. Was gold cup friday and bar was rammed and a bookies over the road which everybody would flock to in between races. 

it was in the foxhunter after the blue ribband and there are these 2 brothers, both enjoy a good drink, only one a real punter. the one who punts had backed previous years victor and strong fancy Baby Run for £200, and had given his brother the readies to go over and back it while he stayed on the booze. 

his brother had a wee nosey at the paper in the bookies and selected his own 50/1 shot or whatever it was with a modest quid each way, running up to the counter before the off, you know how it is with the queues etc. legged it back over to the bar  and watched his brother, docket in hand , cheer on the favourite who was out in front but fell a few out. he threw his docket to the floor of the bar. his brother had picked some obscure rag. he was checking his docket to see if any joy but wasnt to be. whatever way it turned out he was sitting oggling the docket and although not a punter, he can tell the time (just)!!! and realising how he was touch and go getting the bet on the first instance, noticed the time was late by a pretty significant margain

lo and behold he returned across the road with his 1 pound each way slip saying to the cashier how they shouldnt have placed the bet if significantly after the start (delays and all granted, but the cashier unable to prove either way if this was the case here) and after a good ten minutes of arguing back and fforth, the cashier sighed and says yes ok, ill refund the slip and handed over the 2 pound. quick as a flash the guy whips out his brothers docket (which he'd picked up off the ground, best bit being at the time his brother had NO idea!!!) and says, 'here while you're at it, you can refund that one too!!!!' 

and he did!!!! quality! and such a pleasant surprise to his brother when he came back to tell all 

glad to hear you got some dough back, fair play to coral did they run extensive checks down at Sandown or just go by word of mouth?