You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Guuuuttted

JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Arrrragh

Playing in last nights £400 BH, made it to the final table ( with a little bit of luck ).  Eventually i"m headups with the Big stack,  120,000 to 60,000 roughly,

The blinds go back and forward the tension is building, I can image TK and Richard doing some smart banter in the back ground.

I'm small blind my opponent goes all in,  my cards  ACE ACE,  ho ho, I'm tickled pink,  this is it I am going to win an MTT, I'm so nervous I can hardly press the call button.

We turn over, he has Ace jack suited I have my pocket Aces,  the flop comes down  an Ace,  I've tripped the Aces, YIPPEE, I'm doing cart wheels,

I'm still celebrating as I see all the chips in the pot going over to my opponent WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He pulled the Ace Flush on the River.  You gotta laugh, lasted a few more hands then I went all in with 8 9 suited, his Ace high made it.

First off I was bleated on about bad beats,  then I remembered some of the rivers that I had hit to get me there

Hey good pay day and a really exciting game.  I will win one someday,  but i'll still have fun trying 

Forgot the chaps name but congrats on winning, well played.  You know who you are.  lol

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,318
    edited December 2009

Been there, done that, but not in such high circles.

Unlucky Jock bmw and impressed with the way you have taken it.

LOL 

• Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2009
    WD JOCK , AGREE WITH VAIGRET , ME IMPRESSED TOO . HOPEFULLY A GOOD WIN WILL FOLLOW SOON . ALSO , IMPRESSED WITH FATHER VAI . HE KEEPS TAKING THE CRUELEST OF BEATS AND DESPITE THAT , HE RAILS HIS FRIENDS WELL  AND  POSTS POSITIVE AND UPLIFTING MESSAGES . WD U 2 . 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,377
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Guuuuttted:
    Arrrragh Playing in last nights £400 BH, made it to the final table ( with a little bit of luck ).  Eventually i"m headups with the Big stack,  120,000 to 60,000 roughly, The blinds go back and forward the tension is building, I can image TK and Richard doing some smart banter in the back ground. I'm small blind my opponent goes all in,  my cards  ACE ACE,  ho ho, I'm tickled pink,  this is it I am going to win an MTT, I'm so nervous I can hardly press the call button. We turn over, he has Ace jack suited I have my pocket Aces,  the flop comes down  an Ace,  I've tripped the Aces, YIPPEE, I'm doing cart wheels, I'm still celebrating as I see all the chips in the pot going over to my opponent WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He pulled the Ace Flush on the River.  You gotta laugh, lasted a few more hands then I went all in with 8 9 suited, his Ace high made it. First off I was bleated on about bad beats,  then I remembered some of the rivers that I had hit to get me there Hey good pay day and a really exciting game.  I will win one someday,  but i'll still have fun trying  Forgot the chaps name but congrats on winning, well played.  You know who you are.  lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    You Sir, I like a lot. Take yer beats like a grown-up, & remember, it cuts both ways.

Post of the Day.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Guuuuttted:
    In Response to Guuuuttted : You Sir, I like a lot. Take yer beats like a grown-up, & remember, it cuts both ways. Post of the Day.
    Posted by Tikay10

I really appreciate that Tikay,  Just want to have some fun and, if I'm lucky, get paid for doing my hobby.  

I shall be trying to qualify for one of the live events next year, so hopefully will get a chance to meet you in person.  Who knows maybe even Heads Up at a final table one day, that I would enjoy 

• Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Guuuuttted : I really appreciate that Tikay,  Just want to have some fun and, if I'm lucky, get paid for doing my hobby.   I shall be trying to qualify for one of the live events next year, so hopefully will get a chance to meet you in person.  Who knows maybe even Heads Up at a final table one day, that I would enjoy 
    Posted by JockBMW
    WSOP World Champ Greg Raymer described Poker for recreational players in almost EXACTLY those words. If only more players thought that way!
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Guuuuttted : WSOP World Champ described Poker for recreational players in almost EXACTLY those words. If only more players thought that way!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Greg Raymer i do believe, sure it was on sky aswel.
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited December 2009
    Just sat in the 8.15 deep stack for two and a half hours, 5th out last 10.

QQ v AK

He hit two aces (he moved in pre-flop)

two hands later

AK v A9

9 on flop, out.

Win them both, chip leader.
    Win the first then lose second, top 5.
    Lose first win the second, top 5.

**** SUCKS.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Guuuuttted : Greg Raymer i do believe, sure it was on sky aswel.
    Posted by big_mick12
    Greg Raymer, yes, I omitted his name in error. (Now edited in). On Sky Poker? Not suuuuuure about that.....;)

May I enquire as to the reason for your rather supremely wonderful Avatar, please?
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,318
    edited December 2009
    Thanks Pillowman that means a lot  
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Guuuuttted:
    Arrrragh Playing in last nights £400 BH, made it to the final table ( with a little bit of luck ).  Eventually i"m headups with the Big stack,  120,000 to 60,000 roughly, The blinds go back and forward the tension is building, I can image TK and Richard doing some smart banter in the back ground. I'm small blind my opponent goes all in,  my cards  ACE ACE,  ho ho, I'm tickled pink,  this is it I am going to win an MTT, I'm so nervous I can hardly press the call button. We turn over, he has Ace jack suited I have my pocket Aces,  the flop comes down  an Ace,  I've tripped the Aces, YIPPEE, I'm doing cart wheels, I'm still celebrating as I see all the chips in the pot going over to my opponent WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He pulled the Ace Flush on the River.  You gotta laugh, lasted a few more hands then I went all in with 8 9 suited, his Ace high made it. First off I was bleated on about bad beats,  then I remembered some of the rivers that I had hit to get me there Hey good pay day and a really exciting game.  I will win one someday,  but i'll still have fun trying  Forgot the chaps name but congrats on winning, well played.  You know who you are.  lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    AJ beat AA at the SPT Manchester event, deep in the tourney and the bad beat was taken in the same spirit you have, refreshing to see from both of you, Tikay commented on it at the time!

Tikay had his AA beaten by 65 off tonight and I think his mouth is still open!! He did recover well from it though.

Dave
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    YEAHHHHHHHH

Just won the £400 BH,  really really enjoyed it.  Biggest pay day of my Sky Poker career   lol

Thanks for the game guys, really enjoyed it.

Went into the final table as the small stack but hung in there and finally came out on top.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet............  but I AM JUST SO CHUFFED 
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Congratulations.
    Posted by MereNovice

Cheers, MN, how did you end up in the TKO?   you were doing really well, when you knocked me out lol

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I was running 1st then got disconnected for 20 minutes.
    I heroically (!) battled my way back up to 1st again but finally finished in 14th, I think - so I like to think that I played a small part in Team Orford's magnificent victory.
    I would check this but the tournament seems to have disappeared from my list of completed games this morning - I suspect that Tikay is "cooking the books".

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I was running 1st then got disconnected for 20 minutes. I heroically (!) battled my way back up to 1st again but finally finished in 14th, I think - so I like to think that I played a small part in Team Orford's magnificent victory. I would check this but the tournament seems to have disappeared from my list of completed games this morning - I suspect that Tikay is "cooking the books".
    Posted by MereNovice

I will not have such gossip and scandal cast against our great leader.  Pistols at Dawn Sir 

• Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Guuuuttted : I will not have such gossip and scandal cast against our great leader.  Pistols at Dawn Sir 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Sorry, can't make that.
    Snowballs at twilight?