You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mac Client

chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
edited August 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
I have a MAC, and the sky poker client crashes around 5 times a night when playing. The MAC is pretty new and the sky software is the only one that crashes... Its pretty annoying when it happens during crutial hands in tourneys etc because I'm always sat out by the time i can get back on.

Just wondering if it is a problem other people have had, or if its a problem you are aware of?

Comments

• Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Mac Client:
    I have a MAC, and the sky poker client crashes around 5 times a night when playing. The MAC is pretty new and the sky software is the only one that crashes... Its pretty annoying when it happens during crutial hands in tourneys etc because I'm always sat out by the time i can get back on. Just wondering if it is a problem other people have had, or if its a problem you are aware of?
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Hi Chickn,

Is this a problem you're also experiencing on the new tables?
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Mac Client:
    I have a MAC, and the sky poker client crashes around 5 times a night when playing. The MAC is pretty new and the sky software is the only one that crashes... Its pretty annoying when it happens during crutial hands in tourneys etc because I'm always sat out by the time i can get back on. Just wondering if it is a problem other people have had, or if its a problem you are aware of?
    Posted by chicknMelt

does the application freeze? whole program quit? 

do you experience problems playing through a web browser as opposed to the download client?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    not sure I have played on the new tables... I was playing last night in all the Bounty hunters etc though.

Sorry, by crash, i mean the program spontaniously exits and I have to start it up again. it is with the download client.

I play quite alot of tables, 4-10 usually...incase that is relevant.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Mac Client:
    not sure I have played on the new tables... I was playing last night in all the Bounty hunters etc though. Sorry, by crash, i mean the program spontaniously exits and I have to start it up again. it is with the download client. I play quite alot of tables, 4-10 usually...incase that is relevant.
    Posted by chicknMelt

details ftw.

if you have the option to, try and play on the new tables and see if the problem persists.

can you be a bit more specific about your problem, I understand if you're not massively tech savvy....

does the computer slow down, do the windows go white before they close?  is it easy to restart the sky download client?

do you ever get any 'this program quit unexpectedly' messages?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    where do i go to play on the new tables? 

I dont notice any slowing down, there are no clues it is about to happen, the client just vanishes and I get the "this program quit unexpectedly' message. clicking reopen works fine and Sky Poker starts up again straight away.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    where do i go to play on the new tables?  I dont notice any slowing down, there are no clues it is about to happen, the client just vanishes and I get the "this program quit unexpectedly' message. clicking reopen works fine and Sky Poker starts up again straight away.
    Posted by chicknMelt

when you click on a table you get launch table - find similar 

there is now the option to launch new table (with a small beta tag over the right hand side of the button). These new style tables will allow you to test the new features outlined in the overview thread.

edit thanks for the error info. can you peruse your skypokerlogs folder to see if any new files have been created whilst you've been experiencing these crashes? this is normally located in HD/users/yourname/skypokerlogs
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ok, i'll try the new tables tonight if I can do that for tourneys.

I checked my skyPokerLogs folder and there is nothing newer than 2nd June... Im not sure if I had the problem then though.

I'll try the new tables and see how I get on.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ok, i'll try the new tables tonight if I can do that for tourneys. I checked my skyPokerLogs folder and there is nothing newer than 2nd June... Im not sure if I had the problem then though. I'll try the new tables and see how I get on.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    I wasn't expecting any crash logs because I haven't been getting them either!  no probs.

the beta tables are only currently available for cash tables, MTTs are on the way for now.

So you'll maybe have to wait a while to test them if you only ever play mtts.

when you open the download, and the little blue square comes up, with intialising - loading cm menu then the windows open, do you ever find it just stops on the loading cm menu bit and you have to close and try again?

ta
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i dont see any option for launching the new tables when playing tournaments? tried closing the table and going to "My tables", no optio there either...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i dont see any option for launching the new tables when playing tournaments? tried closing the table and going to "My tables", no optio there either...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Posted by chicknMelt

"the beta tables are only currently available for cash tables, MTTs are on the way for now."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ok, well i'll have to wait for that then. I dont play much cash, and I dont fancy playing hours of cash to see if the problem has gone :)

• Options
    Sky_JoeSky_Joe Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2013
    ok, well i'll have to wait for that then. I dont play much cash, and I dont fancy playing hours of cash to see if the problem has gone :)
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Hey there chicknMelt,

As beaneh stated above, the new software will not be available for tournament play for a couple of weeks (you will be notified as soon as the software becomes available)

It would be fantastic if you could try playing some cash on your mac using the new software to let us know if the problem you have previously been having still exists.

If you have any feedback whatsoever then it would be great to hear it as we can take your feedback on board and try to change our offering to suit the players wants and needs.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Mac Client : Hey there chicknMelt, As beaneh stated above, the new software will not be available for tournament play for a couple of weeks (you will be notified as soon as the software becomes available) It would be fantastic if you could try playing some cash on your mac using the new software to let us know if the problem you have previously been having still exists. If you have any feedback whatsoever then it would be great to hear it as we can take your feedback on board and try to change our offering to suit the players wants and needs. Thanks a lot, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    Hi Joe, 

The problem is that whenever I am playing poker I am grinding tourneys over say 8hrs. And last night for example it only crashed 3 times. This would mean playing cash solidly for around 4 or 5 hrs without playing any tourneys to see if the problem is *probably* gone. If I was a cash player I wouldn't mind, but I suck at cash! If however you are happy to reimburse any money I lose during the 5hrs then it makes the whole prospect alot more appealing :D