You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

General observations*

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited August 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions

- when manually posting the small blind on the 2/4p table this morning the button was asking me to "post small blind 6p" instead of 2p.

Did only put 2p in though.

- Instead of letting the tables reduce beyond the minimum size and an error message popping up, can you not just prevent it going any smaller so we can make all tables as small as possible without having to pay any real attention?

alternatively/preferably, just keep/add the mini view button which does it in 1 click per table?

- Wud also like the note colour of the player to be visable around the ring whilst the timebar is on that active player.

alternatively/preferably make the whole circle a solid colour according to the note he has instead of avatars.

first edit, (probably of many)

- When you use the advanced fold can you make it clearer that this button has been pre ticked? At the moment the colour of it just fades, maybe put a big red tick over the button or something?

Comments

• Options
    a00rocka00rock Member Posts: 832
    edited August 2013
    Vast improvement on old software.
  • Options
    REDARROW61REDARROW61 Member Posts: 443
    edited August 2013
    Just played a small cash session on the new software.

Brilliant and superslick. Well done Sky and hurry up and release it for all forms of the game.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2013
    In Response to General observations*:
    - when manually posting the small blind on the 2/4p table this morning the button was asking me to "post small blind 6p" instead of 2p. Did only put 2p in though. - Instead of letting the tables reduce beyond the minimum size and an error message popping up, can you not just prevent it going any smaller so we can make all tables as small as possible without having to pay any real attention? alternatively/preferably, just keep/add the mini view button which does it in 1 click per table? - Wud also like the note colour of the player to be visable around the ring whilst the timebar is on that active player. alternatively/preferably make the whole circle a solid colour according to the note he has instead of avatars. first edit, (probably of many) - When you use the advanced fold can you make it clearer that this button has been pre ticked? At the moment the colour of it just fades, maybe put a big red tick over the button or something?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

the posting may be a glitch, or may have been offering you to post sb/bb.

reducing beyond minimum size what? describe this more, i've never yet managed to make that happen. are you on the download or the browser? can you screen shot the message/issue.

player notes are visible atm, then when action is on a player the timer goes down and you occasionally get a massive flicker between time down colour and player note colour, this is being looked at.

the pre set colours have been changed from what they were orginally, are the its on you to go buttons colourful enough for you? it seemed best that the preset actions be highlighted so you know what you've ticked but not such that it kept taking your attention away or making you think you had a decision to make on that table.
  • Options
    Sky_JoeSky_Joe Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2013
    Hey DOHHHHHHH,

All the comments are exactly the sort of feedback that we are after and we really appreciate your views. 

Thanks a lot for highlighting the issue regarding the wrong blind amount been shown on occasion when joining a table. This issue has now been completely resolved (as per your observation this morning) 

When using the web browser, if you resize the window smaller than the minimum size, then you can click anywhere on the screen and the table will automatically resize to the smallest possible view. (It’s technically impossible to stop a user resizing their web browser window below the minimum mini view size)

Alternatively, one of the options in the options menu under 'Gameplay' is 'Open in mini view'. This can be saved as a default setting so that every table you open in the future will automatically open up in the smallest mini view window, you can then still resize these windows as normal if you wish. 

Another option is to use the new tiling button (this works best in the download client) to resize all open windows for you with minimum overlap.

We have considered adding a ‘mini view’ button to the table as you suggested but didn’t feel it was necessary with all of the above functions available. Feel free to discuss this though as it would certainly be something that we would consider implementing if the demand was high enough. 

Regarding the notes comment, the entire background of a player’s avatar will have the matching colour to the outer ring, so this is visible when the timer is counting down when a note is attached. 

We agree this could be clearer, plus some colours are already clearer than others, we’ll look to get this improved. 

On the pre-action buttons, we’ve tested various methods previously and the beta feedback has taken us to where we are now, but thank you for your comment it will be interesting to see what others think on this.

Thanks again for your comments. 

Which features did you think were of a positive nature? 

Let us know if you have anymore thoughts at all.

Joe
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Cheers Joe, pleased to hear about the 'open in mini view'.

I was only 1 tabling nl4 and yes it was via the browser, will give more thorough feedback later just thought I'd get a thread going.

I have avatars turned off normally, so I'm better leaving them on to make my note colours more visible?

Theres lots to like about the new layout, I think it's all fine, like auto top up* and that it remembers my seat.

* Im sure beaneh loves this too!

Here's the msg I got when I made them too small, the image itself is rly rly tiny, ironically. Idk why.

But if you click on it and maximise it as much as poss u can just about see.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/uqxp.jpg/

Tried on download and no such problems :D

----

Will do a proper multi tabling session asap probably this evening and report positive/negatives on here.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: General observations*:
    Cheers Joe, pleased to hear about the 'open in mini view'. I was only 1 tabling nl4 and yes it was via the browser, will give more thorough feedback later just thought I'd get a thread going. I have avatars turned off normally, so I'm better leaving them on to make my note colours more visible? Theres lots to like about the new layout, I think it's all fine, like auto top up* and that it remembers my seat. * Im sure beaneh loves this too! Here's the msg I got when I made them too small, the image itself is rly rly tiny, ironically. Idk why. But if you click on it and maximise it as much as poss u can just about see. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/uqxp.jpg/ Tried on download and no such problems :D ---- Will do a proper multi tabling session asap probably this evening and report positive/negatives on here.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I missed the bit where you mentioned you were in browser. ya you are always able to resize browser windows, so sounds like this situation has been allowed for. 

Avatars do not need to be on for the whole persons colour to be shown, it's just not quite fully been implemented.
  • Options
    seadragonseadragon Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2013

Hi 
    I like the new software. . .especially resizable tables! At last.. . .it is mostly very clear and straightforward . . .I know it's only a small thing, but I find the sounds (chips, checking etc) really tinny and cheap sounding.

Otherwise good stuff. :-)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi  I like the new software. . .especially resizable tables! At last.. . .it is mostly very clear and straightforward . . .I know it's only a small thing, but I find the sounds (chips, checking etc) really tinny and cheap sounding. Otherwise good stuff. :-)   
    Posted by seadragon

Interesting, i've never yet got sound to work!

are you playing on the browser or through the download please?

thanks
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
    edited August 2013
    Do i get a prize for suggesting the note colour feature? :-)

Been watching some cash tables as im not a cash player and it looks good.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited August 2013
    NL4 FTW - wonder if the nl4 players realise they are getting regs from nl20 to nl200 frequenting them today. and wow - 2 winning sessions - that must be almost £1 up today - result.

thks for your inputs Beaneh, always useful for a power-Beta user to share their insights

sound - wow forgotten it exists. for sure needs to be good polyphonic sounds. every smartphone user has good sound these days so would be a shame if not at least at that level.

min-sizing - using browser version on chrome - drag too small and straight away get a msg - needs a larger window - click to resize - and works like a dream. Button size my only niggle at this stage.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: General observations* : Interesting, i've never yet got sound to work! are you playing on the browser or through the download please? thanks
    Posted by beaneh
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I tried the browser version for the first time this morning and sound worked (all sounds were ON by default). FireFox v23.0.
    Not tried the daaahhnload yet.

*edit - sound ok on download version too.

I don't like the 'Check' sound effect. It appears to have a little distortion at the end, like a crackle sound.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: General observations* : I know this wasn't directed at me but I tried the browser version for the first time this morning and sound worked (all sounds were ON by default). FireFox v23.0. Not tried the daaahhnload yet. *edit - sound ok on download version too. I don't like the 'Check' sound effect. It appears to have a little distortion at the end, like a crackle sound.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

i'm trying to work out whether it's just a part of a hang over from me never setting the sound setting on on normal tables, hence now it's confused when the beta table opens and I can't override the sound off setting or whether something gammys going on. 

ta
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited August 2013
    I played on the download and have 1 or 2 points.

Table seemed a little slow to open.
    I would prefer to see full decks not just a number and suit emblem. Perhaps we could have a choice?
    Whenever I clicked HH I was timed out so that feature doesn't appear to be working.
    Would prefer statistics to open in a separate window rather than just in chatbox.

What I do like is the fact that help and support and live chat opens directly from chatbox.

And I made a profit of £2.60 so I'm all for the new software.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: General observations* : i'm trying to work out whether it's just a part of a hang over from me never setting the sound setting on on normal tables, hence now it's confused when the beta table opens and I can't override the sound off setting or whether something gammys going on.  ta
    Posted by beaneh

ya that's it.

you must have set audio on in the settings, once you open a beta table with sound off you cant then turn it on. 

think that's the first time i've ever heard the sounds on sky!
  • Options
    LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited August 2013
    Doe's this new BETA version work on the i pad?
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
    edited August 2013
    Is it flash based?
    Does it use less memory than the old software?
    As above does it work on iPad?
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited August 2013
    Pretty sure it's not flashed based.

• Options
    edited August 2013

ughhhhhhhh tried 4 tabling, I really don't like it.

I'm clicking call or check in the small blind to peel an utg open and utg+1 hasn't even acted yet.

Maybe keep the current layout available alongside the new 1? as it is now.............?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: General observations* : Interesting, i've never yet got sound to work! are you playing on the browser or through the download please? thanks
    Posted by beaneh
    Think you got this sorted now, but it was thru the download
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I can't get the new tables to open on ipad ( non iswifter)  . . . Anyone else had any luck??