You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Disconnecting

F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
edited September 2013 in Community Suggestions

I'm sure everyone has experienced it; they're in a pot, when suddenly: WHAM. Their internet plays up, and they disconnect. I've been involved in the past in pots where I've lost a couple of hundred quid that I've invested up to the turn, but then suddenly I lose connection and end up losing all the money I'd invested in the pot. I've sometimes gone completely mental when this happens; especially when I've had the nuts in such a situation. (More often than not I'm bluffing and the DC prob saved me money haha :P) It was probably one of the largest contributions to my tilting episodes. A bad beat I can take, but something like this I can't!

I'm currently playing lower stakes, but the amount of money shouldn't matter, rather the amount of BB's it is in comparison to your BR. I know some high stakes pro's have backup internet connections for such situations. I also know? that some other sites will give you more time when you disconnect to reconnect.

A standard reconnection doesn't take much longer than a minute, so maybe a minute would be reasonable amount of time to give? Or, sky could decide to finally add a time bank where; for important decisions you can use the time bank. In case of a disconnect, your timebank will go down for x time to allow you to reconnect. This is probably more feasible in cash games than tourneys, because in tourneys waiting for someone to reconnect can cost you EV potentially (more time between hands - or save you EV in the case of tourney bubble situations where low stacks let their time go down) whereas it won't cost other players EV in cash game (just be a minor inconveniance) - and then if you know your internet connection is bad, you won't get more time bank for a while so you continue to play at your own risk.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_SamSky_Sam Member Posts: 738
    edited August 2013
    Hey F_Ivanovic,

Sorry you are having problems. I notcied you mentioned the Time Bank feature. This is something that the team are currently deciding around as, as with most new things, some people (like yourself) are in favour of the idea, and others are not.

Stay tuned for updates!
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited August 2013
    Hi, thanks for letting me know about this! Would definitely be in favour of a time bank, especially in cash games. Fortunately I'm not having too many problems these days and if I do I just stop playing until the problem is resolved. I think if anything, I was too stubborn in the past to stop playing because of a bad connection. Then I got tilted when I lost hands because of it and instead of quitting, I'd play more!
  • Options
    cooooiecooooie Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2013
    why wouldnt any poker player not be in fasvour of a time bank. I've had this happen to me twice today.