You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Tables

_G__G_ Member Posts: 172
edited September 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Set up great, having no probs, can loose on these tables just the same as old ones lol

I do have a problem i can not get on the community, forum or blogs on the download client, its only started a couple of days ago. if i want to use the community i have to go onto my web browser and go to skypoker.com and go from there. just a little help with this please.

Thanks

Glen

Comments

• Options
    Sky_SamSky_Sam Member Posts: 738
    edited August 2013
    Hey Glen,

Thanks for the feeback, sorry to hear you're losing!

It's interesting that you mention not being able to access the community or forum via the download client as I have read this in another thread. Do you know if more people are experiencing a similar issue?

I will pass this on to the technical team and have them look into it. Let us know if this starts working again or if you have anymore comments.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    TeeversTeevers Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2013
    Really not a fan of the new tables, seem laggy compared to the old ones.

Will you keep the option of being able to use the old style for a while as I really don't want to switch as they are right now?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback on the new software. It has been taken onboard. 

Teevers, the option to launch the old table will be available until the new software is rolled out permanently across the site. My advice would be to continue using the new tables and try to get used to them. Give them a bit more of a go, after all, most new things take a bit of getting used to. :)

RattyRy, sorry you feel that way about the new graphics. I would advise you the same thing as Teevers. Give it a go for a bit longer and see if you can get used to the new look. Is there anything you like about the new tables? What spoecifically would you like to see done in order to make the chips/cards more distinct? Have you tried resizing the tables to see if that helps?

Let me know if there is anymore feedback and I'll pass it on to the team.

Cheers.
  • Options
    chris1963chris1963 Member Posts: 453
    edited August 2013
    I would love to leave some feedback on the new cash tables but I have been forum banned for nowt!!!!
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited August 2013
    OK, so in normal view the new tables seem great. The new features are good and don't have much of a problem. However, as I multi-table I spend most of the time playing in mini view, and this is where the problem starts for me. Last night I was playing 2 tables of the old setup and 1 of this setup and for the first orbit I kept on sitting out and realising it was my turn. I also found it hard to struggle to see what was in the pot and who exactly had raised it up. I'm sure when I get used to playing it a bit it will be just about OK, but it misses the simplicity of the old setup (in mini-view).

I've put 2 tables side by side (one the old, one the new) to try and determine what I liked about the old setup, but not the new one and have compiled a list of these things.

- The "3 on top, 3 on bottom" for where the players are seated is great. When they're all in the corners/edges of the screen this allows more space in the middle of the table for everything else 'to go' so to speak. 
    - In the old setup, the pot is on the right side of the table, higlighted in a different colour. In the new setup the pot is really close to the bet amounts of the bottom 2 players and isn't highlighted, making it harder to stand out.
    - There are no avatars in the old mini-view, but there is in the new one, which means more clutter.
    - The betting in the old setup is centralised at the bottom of the screen, but in the new setup it's in a smaller corner on the right hand side. This is because the chat/cashier/game info bit is now available in mini-view (plus where the notes go) Now, I do kind of like that you can now chat in mini-view although I think most people that multi-table don't really engage in chat too often anyway. I'm sure I'll get used to it being on the right, but it was kind of neat in the center. 

I think this list covers most things.
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2013
    I couldnt put my finger on what it is I dont like about new software. But I think fivanovic hts nail on the head.

The old software 3 top 3 bottom and lack of clutter is what makes the old software great
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited August 2013
    I think the new graphics are OK, with a couple of minor exceptions

a) I preferred the old way players were seated around the table, with three on a top line and three on a bottom line.

b) I know blue is the Sky corporate colour, but there is a limit to the number of shades of blue you can use (unless you are a Hooloovoo - obscure reference for Hitch Hikers' fans!), without things that are supposed to be different merging into each other, especially if you don't have 100% colour vision.

For instance, when you pre-select fold, the button changes colour very slightly and can be difficult to see if you have done so or not, but if you pre-select either of the other two options the colour changes noticably and it is very easy to see what you have done.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. Interesting to see that a few of you have mentioned the 3top/3bottom layout that you liked on the old tables.

I have passed all this on to the poker team so someone will get back to you shortly. 

Cheers and keep it coming!
  • Options
    dub1dub1 Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2013
    I disagree, I really like the new graphics. I prefer the mini view to the normal view. The only thing I am not fussy on is the look of the chips in the mini view. They do look quite childish. Please don't bring back the 3top/3bottom design.

• Options
    _G__G_ Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2013
    hi all

I have been having a problem with disconnection, after a hour or so i get disconnected completely. a box appears it asks me to send error report to my provider, when the box goes so does sky poker, i have to bring it back and log in again then find table i was on a continue. i ask other players on table if they having the same problems some said yes

Glen
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited August 2013
    I agree with Ivan. Old mini-view is so much clearer and concise. Been using the new software for a while now and still finding it hard to adjust to.

The new features are great, just prefer the older clearer mini-view.
  • Options
    tamastamas Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2013
    i think the overall design of the new software is good and an improvement on the old software. i especially like the 'raise to' option and the resizeable tables

i agree with the poster who said the graphics are a little childish and i would prefer more contrast between the cards and background.

i like the mini view much better than the standard view because the design is much simpler and less clutter.

so for me the design could be simpler and i think there should be more contrast between background and card, pot/bet amounts and stack sizes
  • Options
    huuuuumehuuuuume Member Posts: 569
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New Tables:
    OK, so in normal view the new tables seem great. The new features are good and don't have much of a problem. However, as I multi-table I spend most of the time playing in mini view, and this is where the problem starts for me. Last night I was playing 2 tables of the old setup and 1 of this setup and for the first orbit I kept on sitting out and realising it was my turn. I also found it hard to struggle to see what was in the pot and who exactly had raised it up. I'm sure when I get used to playing it a bit it will be just about OK, but it misses the simplicity of the old setup (in mini-view). I've put 2 tables side by side (one the old, one the new) to try and determine what I liked about the old setup, but not the new one and have compiled a list of these things. - The "3 on top, 3 on bottom" for where the players are seated is great. When they're all in the corners/edges of the screen this allows more space in the middle of the table for everything else 'to go' so to speak.  - In the old setup, the pot is on the right side of the table, higlighted in a different colour. In the new setup the pot is really close to the bet amounts of the bottom 2 players and isn't highlighted, making it harder to stand out. - There are no avatars in the old mini-view, but there is in the new one, which means more clutter. - The betting in the old setup is centralised at the bottom of the screen, but in the new setup it's in a smaller corner on the right hand side. This is because the chat/cashier/game info bit is now available in mini-view (plus where the notes go) Now, I do kind of like that you can now chat in mini-view although I think most people that multi-table don't really engage in chat too often anyway. I'm sure I'll get used to it being on the right, but it was kind of neat in the center.  I think this list covers most things.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

I agree with this pretty much 100%.  my main complaints with the new software is that it isn't as easy to follow the action when you multi table but I couldn't explain why.  great post
  • Options
    rob495rob495 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    Really don't like the new tables either, they seem to require more concentration to process the information on them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I agree with keeping 3 up 3 down though, I think it's a lot easier to process. Also, can you still get the chat box down the side like before? I can't see how to do it.
  • Options
    Die_hardDie_hard Member Posts: 338
    edited August 2013
    Also prefer 3 up / 3 down.
  • Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited August 2013
    I agree with keeping 3 up 3 down though, I think it's a lot easier to process. Also, can you still get the chat box down the side like before? I can't see how to do it.
    Posted by rob495
    Hi Rob - if you are playing on the browser version, if you stretch the table to the left or right, then you should see the chat box move over.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New Tables : Hi Rob - if you are playing on the browser version, if you stretch the table to the left or right, then you should see the chat box move over. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Hi, I've just tried stretching it but the chat box remains in the small rectangle at the bottom left. I stretched it to different sizes, all the way to full screen. :-(
  • Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New Tables : Hi, I've just tried stretching it but the chat box remains in the small rectangle at the bottom left. I stretched it to different sizes, all the way to full screen. :-(
    Posted by rob495
    Hello

Try pulling the window out only in one direction e.g right using the right hand edge of the window. This will stretch the window longways and away from the normal screen size. Stretching the window in this way will move the chat box around. 

If it still doesnt work try stretching the sides of the window in mini view, the change is more noticable.

Hope that helps.

• Options
    rurarixrurarix Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    Why the new tables are more laggy than older ones? Do they need more computer resources? Thanks.