You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Athletics Double

ommomm Member Posts: 444
edited August 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
Kirani James runs tonight in the 400m final,  he is the only guy to run under 44secs this season, the biggest threat is probably Leshaun Merritt but he runs in lane 6 and James is in Lane 5 so he can certainly keep an eye on him. Although he is odds on and is probably not great value on his own (unless your having a large bet) I recommend putting him in a double with Mo Farah who is going in the 5000 metres on 17th Aug, just can't see who is going to beat Mo, he is in terrific form and will be well rested from his 10000m win. 

£50 James/Farah double pays roughly 2.2 if you look around various online bookies. (2 on sky bet)

Edit : your right Shuv - forgot to mention they were this morning but this really shouldn't be an issue for an athlete of his quality. 3 full days rest is more than enough for 5k. 

Comments

• Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Athletics Double:
    Kirani James runs tonight in the 400m final,  he is the only guy to run under 44secs this season, the biggest threat is probably Leshaun Merritt but he runs in lane 6 and James is in Lane 5 so he can certainly keep an eye on him. Although he is odds on and is probably not great value on his own (unless your having a large bet) I recommend putting him in a double with Mo Farah who is going in the 5000 metres on 17th Aug, just can't see who is going to beat Mo, he is in terrific form and will be well rested from his 10000m win.  £50 James/Farah double pays roughly 2.2 if you look around various online bookies. (2 on sky bet)
    Posted by omm
    Dont forget theres heats for the 5000m altho he will coem through not so sure about well rested
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited August 2013

The double for me on skybet pays evens exactly 1/3 Mo, 1/2 the other guy.

You sound like u know ur stuff, any other bets for today in the 3pm session that might make the price more attractive?

Have lost touch with Athletics since the Dean Macey/Denise Lewis/Jonathan Edwards era, barely recognise a name now! ...................
  • Options
    calcalfoldcalcalfold Member Posts: 978
    edited August 2013
    At the odds given I would be tempted to go for Merritt

He has been more consistent with his times this year
    Has a great targets of Santos and Borlee outside him
    Is mentally more mature (WTF was James doing in the Semi)
    I think having your rival out of sight is fine, you can run your own race

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited August 2013
    Quickkkkkk any ideas? it starts in an hour and I want to gambooooool! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    400m off at 6:50 UK time
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Next!
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    edited August 2013
    Ouch. Totally fell apart, think he was 7th in the end :/
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Athletics Double:
    At the odds given I would be tempted to go for Merritt He has been more consistent with his times this year Has a great targets of Santos and Borlee outside him Is mentally more mature (WTF was James doing in the Semi) I think having your rival out of sight is fine, you can run your own race
    Posted by calcalfold
    Good call on Merritt, , can't believe the Olympic and world champion run like a duffer, should have know after montsho let me down like a donkey in a horse race. I give up on athletics. My worst result in 2 days on sports betting for the last month. 

Better stop tipping- flipping Nora he come 7th!!!!!!! Urrrrgh. 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Would like to have known the 200m splits.

Looked to me as if it was Merritts plan to take James to 200m in a time he was not comfortable with. This would have been more managable for Merritt on account of his superior 200m pb.

Hope mo can do the biz.