You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

automatically standing players that have sat out

mac24mac24 Member Posts: 242
edited August 2013 in Community Suggestions
since the removal of the ten seat free play tables, there is very often a queue to get on to the highest buy in six seat table. This is exacerbated by players who have lost their chip stack and haven't reloaded in time so are sat out, but then refuse to stand and allow a player who is waiting onto the table. They are eventually removed, however how about reducing the time a player who is sat out can remain seated when there is a queue to join?

Comments

• Options
    Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

We shall definitely pass this suggestion on and get back to you with a response.
    As this isn't feedback specifically for the new software i'm going to move the post to the suggestions area.

Thanks
    Lee
  • Options
    dub1dub1 Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2013
    This should be for palyers with no chips at the table. Players should still be allowed to sit out with enough time for a toilet and ciggy break imo.

When someone busts, they should be asked to rebuy and if the decline, they should be removed.
  • Options
    calcalfoldcalcalfold Member Posts: 978
    edited August 2013
    Spot on op.

In the event that a player is stacked, it should revert to the buy in screen, 30seconds and thats your lot. No reason why it should be any different.

Dont see why ciggy break is relevant. Just because this totally pointless and discgusting habit is so common place, does not mean allowances shout be made. 90seconds for a wee and thats all imo.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: automatically standing players that have sat out:
    Spot on op. In the event that a player is stacked, it should revert to the buy in screen, 30seconds and thats your lot. No reason why it should be any different. Dont see why ciggy break is relevant. Just because this totally pointless and discgusting habit is so common place, does not mean allowances shout be made. 90seconds for a wee and thats all imo.
    Posted by calcalfold
    The relevance is that everyone needs a break for a few minutes to refresh their minds after playing 12 tables for an hour, whether it's to stretch, make a drink or have a ciggy is not important.

The only thing with no relevance itt is your opinion on smoking.
  • Options
    calcalfoldcalcalfold Member Posts: 978
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: automatically standing players that have sat out : The relevance is that everyone needs a break for a few minutes to refresh their minds after playing 12 tables for an hour, whether it's to stretch, make a drink or have a ciggy is not important. The only thing with no relevance itt is your opinion on smoking.
    Posted by dub1
    No they dont,

Sitting out of that many tables for more than a minute or so is plain selfish.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: automatically standing players that have sat out : No they dont, Sitting out of that many tables for more than a minute or so is plain selfish.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Yes I do, most sites let you sit out for 3 rotations of the bb. 

Where does selfish come in to it? How is it selfish if I play on Sky for 8 hours a day and want to take a break for a few minutes? Tournaments have a 5min break ever hour, should Sky scrap these breaks as well? People have the ability to start a new table instead of waiting! 

Your post's are bordering #Troll
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ref my original post, going by the comments I think I need to clarify the reason I raised this as an issue. The free play tables are unique in the way that if you lose your stack and are sat out before requesting a rebuy, you cannot rebuy in without standing, whereas on a cash game you can, and this is where the problem arises.

I agree with the other comments made that in cash games a break can be welcome or necessary, and this is not applicable in tournament play as you will be blinded out and will be removed from the table anyway once your stack reaches zero and after the 30 second option for a rebuy has expired. 
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited August 2013
    How many people play 12 free play tables anyway?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How many people play 12 free play tables anyway?
    Posted by FCHD
    until last week, sky had two high stakes ten seat free play tables and a few lower stakes tables. the one highest stake table was full most of the time with a queue to get on, and people played on the other until a seat became free. they were very popular and since their removal some of the regulars have already disappeared.
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited August 2013
    Surely the bulk of people graduate from Free Play tables to real tables very quickly once they've learnt the basics. or at least only play Free play for a bit of light relief?

And I don't see the point of Sky providing the basis of what are training tables for a game they don't offer any more on real tables
  • Options
    XBOOTNECKXBOOTNECK Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013

Why not add a feww more high buy in six seater tables to keep the free play players happy and from 'leaving' Sky Poker ;o))