You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What 's the best game to play if your new to sky poker.... 'but I can play'!

Cliffyj353Cliffyj353 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Confused, really confused. I can play but wondering round all the pages i can make a decision on whats the best game to play if your new to sky poker, I can play an average game and still learning BUT.... I aint got a clue which game to play in, I have my bounus points and £11.00 ....HELP all I want is a good game..

Comments

• Options
    snorkysnorky Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2013
    In Response to What 's the best game to play if your new to sky poker.... 'but I can play'!:
    Confused, really confused. I can play but wondering round all the pages i can make a decision on whats the best game to play if your new to sky poker, I can play an average game and still learning BUT.... I aint got a clue which game to play in, I have my bounus points and £11.00 ....HELP all I want is a good game..
    Posted by Cliffyj353
    As a seasoned veteran I would advise you to get straight into cash games somewhere around the 50p/£1 level. That way you will just lose eleven quid and learn a valuable lesson to stay away from cash games.It will cost you a lot more later on when you do switch from MTT to cash and have to come back to MTT with you tail between your legs and your bankroll back to zero.

Goodluck at the cash games :)
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited August 2013
    With only £11 you can't really do too much apart from trying to play really small buy in sit and go's. Things like 30p DYM's. That's if you're trying to play seriously anyway, and don't want to lose your initial investment.

However, if you're happy to lose the £11 then you can maybe try and table select a good 2p/4p cash game. Buy in max (£4) and just play really tight ABC poker. There's a good chance doing this you can gradually build your £11 up. If you make £40+ this way then you now have a good bankroll to play 2p/4p more seriously and every now and again you can dabble in MTT's, maybe playing £1 satellites to try and get into decent buy in tournaments.
  • Options
    __harry____harry__ Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    play the 21.45 £2.20 £250 gtd speed, best tourney for low buy-ins IMHO, tho i have just posted a question relating to small buy-ins as to whether there worth it, don't play cash - they're for gamblers not poker players - but what do i know!
  • Options
    tapewormtapeworm Member Posts: 432
    edited August 2013
    Save up more than £11 and come back mate. £11 is 3 busts at 2p4p........that will happen. You want at least £40 (that you are more than comfortable losing), and then sit at the 2p 4p
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited August 2013
    Surely the £11 is the free tourney tokens for new players, and so can't be used on cash?
  • Options
    _G__G_ Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2013
    Hi cliffy
    Welcome to the site,

I carnt tell you what to play, as already said 2/4p good start, i like £2.30 bounty hunters,
    but one thing i can say is just enjoy yourself and have good time.

Good luck

Glen
  • Options
    dandyloondandyloon Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I've played a long time on mainly lower stakes. The cash games can be infuriating so I advise caution, and lots of patients. But mainly caution.
    The timed tourneys can be a bit of a lottery but not to difficult to get payed.
    Double your money tourneys are a good way to earn. Don't get greedy climbing the ladder though there are clear jumps in skill level and to be honest, a poor game of poker.  
    MTT's :- They're six seaters in the main so things get a bit more crazy than the ten seater ones. Not sure what your used to.
    I don't claim to be anything more than competent but I don't buy all this £11 is not enough. I presume it wont be your last.

Hav fun
    Practice n'd all that