You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New software crashing alot

BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
edited September 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
i have been using the new software quite abit recently and at least once a night during my session, the software freezes and comes up with a message "skypoker.exe" has stopped working and it just turns off.

Really quite annoying me, its happened in middle of some cash hands that ive ended up loosing money or potential money from my hand.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited September 2013
    In Response to New software crashing alot:
    i have been using the new software quite abit recently and at least once a night during my session, the software freezes and comes up with a message "skypoker.exe" has stopped working and it just turns off. Really quite annoying me, its happened in middle of some cash hands that ive ended up loosing money or potential money from my hand. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Posted by BigHawk89
    I am sorry to hear that you have been having some troubles with the download client. We have had no other comments about this instance on the new tables and would like for anyone else who may be having this issue to leave a post. Does think happen only on the new tables on the download version? If this is a recent issue and you havnet used the old tables, it would be interesting to see if this problem happens with the old tables aswell.
  • Options
    rurarixrurarix Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    In Response to New software crashing alot:
    i have been using the new software quite abit recently and at least once a night during my session, the software freezes and comes up with a message "skypoker.exe" has stopped working and it just turns off. Really quite annoying me, its happened in middle of some cash hands that ive ended up loosing money or potential money from my hand. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Hello mate. Happened to me many times on new software, just quits randomly, but without skypoker.exe has stopped working. All the best.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

I have tried recreating this issue on the download client and was wondering whether you could give me any specific information to isolate the issue. Was it only on the new tables? how many tables were open at a time? Were any other programs running at the same time?

The quits randomly situation is very odd and was wondering if you could elabourate on that, does the software freeze or just all tables randomly close without any sort of notice. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: New software crashing alot:
    Hi, I have tried recreating this issue on the download client and was wondering whether you could give me any specific information to isolate the issue. Was it only on the new tables? how many tables were open at a time? Were any other programs running at the same time? The quits randomly situation is very odd and was wondering if you could elabourate on that, does the software freeze or just all tables randomly close without any sort of notice.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Thanks for response. It happened 3 or more times with 4-6 tables opened without any freezing or notifications, everything just closed, that's it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Same as rurarix! It just freezes and says "skypoker.exe has stopped working" happened to me twice tonight, luckily I wasn't in a pot! I only really have iTunes running at the same time! This is only a recent problem only started happening this month! I sometimes play a mix of old and new tables because when you join the waiting list it opens the old table.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Same as rurarix! It just freezes and says "skypoker.exe has stopped working" happened to me twice tonight, luckily I wasn't in a pot! I only really have iTunes running at the same time! This is only a recent problem only started happening this month! I sometimes play a mix of old and new tables because when you join the waiting list it opens the old table.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Cheers for your comment. We are looking into this issue further. If you could please answer some questions on the issue it would be really helpful to create a fix for this.

What operating system are you using?

At what point does it freeze? e.g clicking 'quick play' in the lobby, not clicking anthing in the lobby.

Were you observing tables, if so how many?

Were you signed up to tournaments or SNG's at the time?

Were you chatting on a table that you were not sat at?

Are you surfing the internet when it happens?

Are you downloading anything in the background?

Were you currently playing any tournaments? e.g Free Cash Freeroll?

Any feedback you could give wil be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: New software crashing alot : Cheers for your comment. We are looking into this issue further. If you could please answer some questions on the issue it would be really helpful to create a fix for this. What operating system are you using? At what point does it freeze? e.g clicking 'quick play' in the lobby, not clicking anthing in the lobby. Were you observing tables, if so how many? Were you signed up to tournaments or SNG's at the time? Were you chatting on a table that you were not sat at? Are you surfing the internet when it happens? Are you downloading anything in the background? Were you currently playing any tournaments? e.g Free Cash Freeroll? Any feedback you could give wil be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
    Posted by SkyPeter

I'm using windows 8.
    I was playing about 7 or 8 tables (mixture of old and new)
    Was only playing cash tables no tournaments.
    I was chatting at the tables yes.
    I sometimes go on the internet whilst playing but not often and don't know if this was the problem, it just has been crashing at random points.
    Hope you can get back to me about this problem its obviously quite a big one if it carries on affecting my sessions/costing me money.I don't really want to move sites but if the problem continues I may have too!
    I think I maybe something to do with the download client and not been fully compatable with windows 8.

Thanks for your reply hope you can get this problem fixed asap! 

If anyone else reading this thread has the same problem please speak up.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    This is still happening and havent heard anything back?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This is still happening and havent heard anything back?
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Same thing m8, regularly.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

I have tried to recreate the issue as best I can but have been unable to. 

My recommendation currently until we can fully isolate the issue is to use the browser version as the operating system shouldn't affect the browser clients operation under the possibility that this is a result of Windows 8.

We will continue to try to recreate this and keep you updated on any developments within this thread. 

Many thanks for all your feedback.

*Could any other users that are using Windows 8 and the download client please leave a post describing their experience and whether they have encountered any issues such as these. Also could anyone who has posted in this thread before regarding having this issue please clarify whether this has been in Windows 8? 

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi, I have tried to recreate the issue as best I can but have been unable to.  My recommendation currently until we can fully isolate the issue is to use the browser version as the operating system shouldn't affect the browser clients operation under the possibility that this is a result of Windows 8. We will continue to try to recreate this and keep you updated on any developments within this thread.  Many thanks for all your feedback. *Could any other users that are using Windows 8 and the download client please leave a post describing their experience and whether they have encountered any issues such as these. Also could anyone who has posted in this thread before regarding having this issue please clarify whether this has been in Windows 8? 
    Posted by SkyPeter
    I'm playing on Win XP btw.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

Investigating the issue we believe the cause with the download client to be a result of Adobe Air, the platform that the download client uses to run. Updating to the latest version of Adobe Air should resolve the issue across all devices.

If you are still having problems with the download client in Windows 8 then please try running SkyPoker in "Compatibility Mode". To do this:

1) Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner.

2) Click "My Computer".

3) Click on the "Hard Disk Drive" that you use.

4) Click on Program Files.

5) Find the "SkyPoker" folder and click on it.

6) Right-Click the "SkyPoker" Application and click on "Troubleshoot Compatibility". This will find the recommended settings for that program on your operating system.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi Peter, thanks for the reply again.

I have done everything you said and this come up when i troubleshooted the programme............

• Options
    sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited September 2013
    mine crashed today, first day id properly used the new GUI, anyway everything was smooth then id say i had mayb 6-7 tables open all in the new gui, then a new one opened, it displayed the loading graphic, but before i could see the table/players/chips/take my seat etc... it crashed, task manager popped up and said 'skypoker.exe has stopped working' and the program aborted and i had to reload

thing is earlier on in the session id already had 8-9 tables and it was fine, quit 1-2, reloaded another, quit some, but then it randomly crashed when a new table launched

...just my 2c

im running windoze 7
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mine crashed today, first day id properly used the new GUI, anyway everything was smooth then id say i had mayb 6-7 tables open all in the new gui, then a new one opened, it displayed the loading graphic, but before i could see the table/players/chips/take my seat etc... it crashed, task manager popped up and said 'skypoker.exe has stopped working' and the program aborted and i had to reload thing is earlier on in the session id already had 8-9 tables and it was fine, quit 1-2, reloaded another, quit some, but then it randomly crashed when a new table launched ...just my 2c im running windoze 7
    Posted by sikas
    Thanks for posting, mine does it at least once a session pretty annoying tbh. Everything goes really slow and laggy then just crashes.

If this is happening to anyone else please post here.

Hope sky can fix this problem soon.
  • Options
    RyanC7RyanC7 Member Posts: 355
    edited September 2013
    I have a solution. It's really complicated, but it works. Use the old software!?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited September 2013
    I have a solution. It's really complicated, but it works. Use the old software!?
    Posted by RyanC7
    Doesn't help with troubleshooting the new software though, which is what this whole thing is about.

• Options
    sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited September 2013
    the new software crashed twice more today.... inexplicably , no tables were due to open, i was 5+ tabling. For me there was no noticeable lag prior to the crash, was just totally random both times, no browser/music or any other programs running :-(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Posted by RyanC7
    Doesnt matter which software i use.
  • Options
    SmitalosSmitalos Member Posts: 536
    edited September 2013
    Happens to me too, exactly as BigHawk described. Windows 7 user.