You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

LIVE HELP OR A CHOCOLATE FIREGUARD???

churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
i have been having problems with sky i.e tables keep crashing /closing saying that there was connection problems please reload the page .so i contact live help after it happens for the umpteenth time too see if they can help!
1st thing she says is that there was no connection issues....there was on that table alone i had too reload twice..
2nd thing have i updated the flash player ..even though i had already said i updated it the day before as i was having problems then .so had done it(as had followed advice on the forum)on thursday evening..
at this point iam told i would be refunded my 5.50 for the last game i played......why do this if there was no problems????
3rd thing.. then she asks have i deleted my cookies.... yes last night(and every week) after reading the forum and updating flash player as had already been said....
ok are you using google chrome?..no i answer firefox....and this is the kicker....oh there is known problems with firefox i would advise you too use a different browser .......what the 4xxx if there is known problems with firefox why ask about google if it is firefox that is having the problems..

any1 else had any problems...p.s.. i should have copied and pasted chat with live help but it was only after i closed window(as playing tables) that i really thought about it.and decided i would post on here about it and see if someone from sky would reply!!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    come on too  sky this has been going on from thursday i have tried all sorts and still it happens
    just lost a dym thru  it AGAIN had 4000+ get booted reload table too see short stack has 3000+ yet had 1000 when i got booted  and am forced all in as if i did not call had less than a 1/4 of a bb left so no choice but too call .come on sky get it sorted... please sick of losing games that would not be lost if this did not happen..p.s several times this has happened there has been a pop like last cahnce to enter some tournie/or this tourney is about too start
  • Options
    davelufcdavelufc Member Posts: 1,370
    edited September 2013
    I`ve been playing mainly on the download for the last few days, i used to get disconnected quite a lot whilst playing on the browser.

Since playing the download it`s all been ok. Maybe worth a try for you?

Gl
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited September 2013
    love the thread title ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    cheers dave trying it the now and its better no cut outs so far i had tried it before but wasn,t keen on it but better now than when i last tried it gl 2 u.....and jackda cheers:@)gl 2
  • Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited September 2013
    In Response to LIVE HELP OR A CHOCOLATE FIREGUARD???:
    i have been having problems with sky i.e tables keep crashing /closing saying that there was connection problems please reload the page .so i contact live help after it happens for the umpteenth time too see if they can help! 1st thing she says is that there was no connection issues....there was on that table alone i had too reload twice.. 2nd thing have i updated the flash player ..even though i had already said i updated it the day before as i was having problems then .so had done it(as had followed advice on the forum)on thursday evening.. at this point iam told i would be refunded my 5.50 for the last game i played......why do this if there was no problems???? 3rd thing.. then she asks have i deleted my cookies.... yes last night(and every week) after reading the forum and updating flash player as had already been said.... ok are you using google chrome?..no i answer firefox....and this is the kicker....oh there is known problems with firefox i would advise you too use a different browser .......what the 4xxx if there is known problems with firefox why ask about google if it is firefox that is having the problems.. any1 else had any problems...p.s.. i should have copied and pasted chat with live help but it was only after i closed window(as playing tables) that i really thought about it.and decided i would post on here about it and see if someone from sky would reply!!
    Posted by churchy18

Hello, 

Thanks for your comment, I am glad using the download client has improved this issue apologees for the delayed response. 

I would like to help you with your issue further to improve your browser experience and further target what could be causing this. Often using different browsers can cause different playing experiences, the browser itself could have independant technical issues that prevents the software form performing. 

It would be a great help if you would like to trial other browsers and see if the issue repeats. If you could please leave a comment below about your playing experiences on other browsers your feedback will be greatly appreciated and we will continue to offer ongoing help on you issue untill we can isolate and solve the issue.

Many thanks.

SkyPeter.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: LIVE HELP OR A CHOCOLATE FIREGUARD???:
    In Response to LIVE HELP OR A CHOCOLATE FIREGUARD??? : Hello,  Thanks for your comment, I am glad using the download client has improved this issue apologees for the delayed response.  I would like to help you with your issue further to improve your browser experience and further target what could be causing this. Often using different browsers can cause different playing experiences, the browser itself could have independant technical issues that prevents the software form performing.  It would be a great help if you would like to trial other browsers and see if the issue repeats. If you could please leave a comment below about your playing experiences on other browsers your feedback will be greatly appreciated and we will continue to offer ongoing help on you issue untill we can isolate and solve the issue. Many thanks. SkyPeter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    hi peter thanks for the reply and no problem it was the weekend after all  ..sos for moaning but it just seemed too keep happening and tried different things .the download was fine last night ..going too try google chrome tonight just downloaded it .did,nt realise how easy it would be too get all my passwords and stuff from firefox onto chrome  been using firefox for years and liked it so have stuck with it but got chrome installed so see how that goes and i,ll let u know how i get on
    when i have been playing on firefox it is only sky i have open and i ussually i only play 2 tables at a time.sometimes the screen just went a dark blue and it would say we have detected a problem with the connection close and reload the page.something like that..or i would see the cards get dealt then it would stop and then after a min or 2 would start going again but i would be folded (sat out) for a few hands but not be able too play even when clicked back would still make me fold.and on occasions i would have too close the page and reload it before i could call or bet.
    on a couple of occasions in the background there was pop ups about tournaments starting soon or last chance too register .
    will let you know how i get on with chrome............ thanks 
  • Options
    edited October 2013

been using chrome its been ok not been kicked off any tables but it is really slow as if there is a bit of lag as sometimes my time is half way down before i can bet or call..i have deleted all cookies ..defragged the comp and just generally cleaned up the hard drive and that seems too have helped. so no more moaning from me :@)

thanks helan i will try that as well and see how it goes as i still prefer firefox:@)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sky this has been happening again for the last three days.what else can i try.. and as the title of the thread says your live help is a complete and utter joke go too them for help and all they say is there is no known problems but there is and if you look through the forum u will see there is several threads about this and all the problems sound pretty much the same .but no problems according too live help..getting really fed up losing games /hands that would not be lost with out these problems.. the only time i have any issues is with sky poker
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: LIVE HELP OR A CHOCOLATE FIREGUARD???:
    sky this has been happening again for the last three days.what else can i try.. and as the title of the thread says your live help is a complete and utter joke go too them for help and all they say is there is no known problems but there is and if you look through the forum u will see there is several threads about this and all the problems sound pretty much the same .but no problems according too live help..getting really fed up losing games /hands that would not be lost with out these problems.. the only time i have any issues is with sky poker
    Posted by churchy18
    Churchy I think the Sky software and Adobe flash is to blame for quite a few problems. I've been on Sky for 2 1/2 years now and whenever there was an update of the software or Flash it was causing problems of various sorts. Not every update but maybe 50% of the time something would go wrong from player search not working or even not being able to log in. There didn't appear to be a pattern to these problems and I have a feeling it may have been a clash with other programmes that are running on my computer. Sometimes the only way to cure it was to do a full uninstall of Sky poker, Adobe flash and all associated files. There was an Adobe Flash update in the last day or 2 so maybe that could be why you are having problems again. Like you I never had these problems on other sites and believe the antiquated software is responsible so roll on the new software and we can ditch the Flash.