You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A couple of points re new software

rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,940
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions

make dealer button bigger

timebar need to be smaller and not so much of a dominating feature

betting slidebar needs to be longer with smaller increments

said this before. button's do not work once someone 3 bets

you probabaly won't even entertain the idea but the new seating is horrible, so much prefer 3 top 3 bottom - feel this is what made Sky unique - other skins have this 2 top, 2 btm, 2 sides layout that tilts me.
Surely you could implement a table layout select option, where you can choose the table seating plan.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2013
    Hi Rancid,

Thanks for the constructive feedback,

I assume this is all referring to the new mini view?

On the button, we made this much bigger a few weeks ago, its considerably bigger than the 'old' mini view, even at the new minimum size.

We can look to make this bigger still but space is tight (we have to consider every possible betting eventuality for clashes)

On the time bar, i assume you mean 'your turn to act' rather than 'opponents turn to act'? If so then it is currently quite large as it also incorporates 'your best hand'.

One potential solution could be to have an alternative 'your turn to act' timer if you don't have 'your best hand' enabled. Would that be helpful?

On the betting slider bar length, which increments in BB's at the moment, are you aware you can use the mouse wheel and/or the arrow keys to increase/decrease? We could look to implement an option to toggle the slider between SB's and BB increments, although it is not realistic in the short term.

On pre-flop quick bet buttons, a potential interim solution, until we make these customisable pre-sets by you, would be to switch to 3BB, 4BB, Pot, All in pre-flop. This would enable you to quickly input a pot raise which can then be amended appropriately with the slider/arrow keys/mouse wheel etc - would you this be useful? It would also mean Omaha players always have a Pot option pre and post flop which has obvious benefits.

On the switch from 3x3 layout to 2x2x2, this was done to maintain consistency with standard view and to make it easier to enable other table types (9 & 10 seat configs). As you have mentioned, this layout is fairly standard across the poker industry for a 6 seat table therefore we didn't anticipate it would be such an issue, but we do appreciate it is a big change for those of you multi-tabling.

It's not impossible for us to introduce an alternative 'traditional' lay out in 3X3, but it's a significant change.

We are not intending to remove the old software for cash game players until we are confident it does what you need, but at the same time we have to move forwards at some point.

best wishes

Adam

• Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    edited October 2013
     It's the seating that is the main issue for me.
     I'm so used to sitting bottom/middle after years of mini-view multi-tabling. It's one of the reasons I continue to  play on Sky. I just find it a lot harder to follow the action on the "industry standard seating". Can comfortably 10 table on current mini-view but find myself timing out on just 4 in new software.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited October 2013
    A while ago when the new software was first trial launched I posted some of the differences between the new and old mini view to try and see what exactly it was that made the new mini view so much harder to follow. The 3 top/3bottom was one of my points but don't think this is the sole reason that it's harder to follow.

The MAJOR thing that I think it is, is how a bet is displayed. In the old mini view the amount was a bright blue and in a dark blue background and the size of the amount was big. Now it's really tiny making it much harder to notice who has entered the pot and whether it's been for a raise or not. Not only that but the bet amount is directly next to a players cards in the old mini-view. Now it's quite a bit away from a players cards - again making it harder to distinguish who made the bet.

Also, the avatars just take up space. What was good about the old system was that it had our name in a box and the timebar at the bottom of that box in an easy to see YELLOW ON BLACK. Now the timebar (for other players) is a lot smaller, goes around in a  cirlce (harder to follow than a straight line) and the colours don't stand out as much.

Also as I said before the main thing that was good about the 3 on top 3 on bottom is the fact that it makes the MOST USE OF SPACE. On the new mini-view there is acres of space not filled up at the side of the table which is why everything seems so cramped and has to be smaller.
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,940
    edited October 2013
    ty for quick reply Adam

I have struggled with new software for a while and I have been trying to play them side by side to see why I am struggling.

First thing I have noticed is the old min view is just very plain, simple and it's so easy to focus in on the important stuff like dealer button, pot size, who has cards, who is betting and how much.

so...

get rid of the chat box, no one wants to talk in mini view when they are multitabling so they ?
    or can we have an option to shrink the box..it's totally distracting

Yes Adam the dealer button has been enlarged, it is better.

Sorry the slider should be longer, bigger  - whole bet section should be longer and maybe this could be extended if the chat would be smaller..

The avators in mini view are just a waste of space, and we don't need them - at least an option to remove them ?

The background of the player name would be better white like old mini view, highlights the name/stack size a lot better.

Timebar when action is on ME should be smaller

Pot size needs to be clearer, maybe white background or bigger sized text

also card size, liked how on old tables cards were the same size on the board and in your hand
    IDK just seems to make it easier when multi tabling

basically same as old but with a better note box :)

• Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    edited October 2013
    I concur with absolutely everything in the above 2 posts.
  • Options
    waterscanwaterscan Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    In Response to A couple of points re new software:
    make dealer button bigger timebar need to be smaller and not so much of a dominating feature betting slidebar needs to be longer with smaller increments said this before. button's do not work once someone 3 bets you probabaly won't even entertain the idea but the new seating is horrible, so much prefer 3 top 3 bottom - feel this is what made Sky unique - other skins have this 2 top, 2 btm, 2 sides layout that tilts me. Surely you could implement a table layout select option, where you can choose the table seating plan.
    Posted by rancid
    yes i agree the new seatings no good IF IT AINT WRONG DON'T FIX IT
  • Options
    dub1dub1 Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2013
    Nah I completely disagree. 

2x2x2 seating is much better imo. I like the size of the time bar.

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited October 2013
    *BUMP* Are any changes being considered?
  • Options
    simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited October 2013
    I much prefer the old mini view layout, hope it is retained. I struggled and gave up getting to grips with the new layout. For me there is nothing I like about it other than the addition of the auto top up.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: A couple of points re new software:
    I much prefer the old mini view layout, hope it is retained. I struggled and gave up getting to grips with the new layout. For me there is nothing I like about it other than the addition of the auto top up.
    Posted by simonnatur
    ya def agree with this

I dislike the colour scheme alot in the smallest view, the huge countdown timer that comes up in the middle is fairly distracting